Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
get age verified.
It's pending.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 23:28   #32
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
So if your getting AV'ed then just wait and realize how big if a regret you will have over your head by getting one of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 00:31   #33
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
so let's say it's $530 ish to get one with tinted lower... and then another $80+ to get a metal lower from one of the AV retailers here - why not just custom order one since they go for about $290 US overseas, which should be around $600~650 ish once it's said and done with? Wouldn't that be easier?
dude your formula is wrong,
2(Price of original + Shipping + Tax)X Currency exchange = Usual price.

It would be more or so $800+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
So if your getting AV'ed then just wait and realize how big if a regret you will have over your head by getting one of these.

More like how one would be disappointed, you folks over-glorified what's available. There's China crap, overprice stuff, and the usual tinted lower, with rarely what you want.
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:27   #34
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Hmm, what do you mean?

They look far better then the AGM, which is around the same price.

Any other option is either crap or out of my price range.

I understand the merits of getting AVed, thats why I am doing it, but I dont see what that has to do with the choice of gun in this case.

I am not buying a POS CAS that costs the same as a good all black gun here.

MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:50   #35
theguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
Hmm, what do you mean?

They look far better then the AGM, which is around the same price.

Any other option is either crap or out of my price range.

I understand the merits of getting AVed, thats why I am doing it, but I dont see what that has to do with the choice of gun in this case.

I am not buying a POS CAS that costs the same as a good all black gun here.
His point is that GBBRs in general are a hassle and often cost astronomical amounts.

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:04   #36
KoolAidMan

a classic army gun that costs 260-300 us will cost roughly 500-580 here, so by no means should any other retailer charge more then that for a gun.

here the kjw halfclear is 490$ so to go and charge a 200$ premium for a lower reciever is absolutly a rip off the most it should go for is 560 with the metal lower that is fair pricing .

and you still get your 2 magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public

Last edited by KoolAidMan; October 14th, 2009 at 09:27..
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:45   #37
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

well gbbr's are going to run you, if your just about the moolah, obviously any gbbr is going to be a hassle on your wallet. I have a g&p gbbr and it already has a few broken parts. if your concerned about money your better off buying an aeg.

My question is that if kjw internals are clones of other company gbbr internals? that if it were to fail you can just buy a WA part and throw it in there no prob?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.
Assault Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:52   #38
KoolAidMan

completely diffrent system

Quote:
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:00   #39
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidMan View Post
completely diffrent system
different that WA or different from all?
thats pretty sketchy. better off waiting a year for kinks to be worked out then cause even my g&p is fucked at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.
Assault Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:02   #40
m102404
Tys

Here's some cost examples
- King Arms FAL Carbine cost $800 + 11 mags at ~$30/mag (this was a must have it at any price purchase...paying full asking price...some mags were cheaper) = $1075
- used PTW, rebuilt with 2008 VUK, extra cylinder, batt + 8 mags $1600 + 5 saber mags (free) generously given to me by a buddy...some extra springs for different FPS and new batt ($140) = Total ~$1800
- WE M4 AWSS + 5 mags $930...extra nozzle kit ($60) = ~$1000
- KSC MP7 + 2 mag ~$500 + 2 more mags ($130) = ~$650

So...there's still some mags to get for the WE M4 AWSS...and they'll run about $40-50/mag.

Now...those are all very nice setups. The comparison between the AWSS and the others is most interesting. Basically, when it's all said and done...you're looking at about $1K for a decent setup.

The range will swing between $700-1400...with the higher end being with a set of mags and some extra bits.

Flash back a couple of years...and a full metal black CA M15 with 10 mags and some bits would have run you the same amount.

Look at the present...a full metal black CA M15 with 10 mags and some bits will run you $800.

Not a whole lot of difference between anything...

(except that my wallet is always empty....)
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:04   #41
KoolAidMan

it diffrent from all the gbbr we and wa vfc

Quote:
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:10   #42
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
My point was that getting a GBBR is not recommended for those without any other airsoft guns as its NOT reliable enough. These are mainly for people with too much money and no sense of priorities (I keed I keed...) as pretty much as "whoa, fucking cool!" kinda thing. There are some people with the skill and experience necessary to game them effectively, don't get me wrong. But that doesn't mean anyone can. Theres no rush dude, get yourself a proper AEG once you get verified, integrate yourself in the sport and community and hone your skills and once you get enough money to dump into a GBBR setup then do it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:14   #43
m102404
Tys

No doubt it varies between GBBR manufacturers...

If you start high end and add high end parts to get it working reliably...toss any "typical" price total out the window. But that's the same with anything.

If you start mid-low end (est $300-400 for the rifle)...and add $300-500 worth of parts to get it skirmishable...you're at ~$600-900 for the working rifle. Then add 9 mags at approx $30-60/mag ($270-540) and you're at a total of $870-1450.

~$850-1400 isn't too far off the "typical" range I tried to describe, is it?

The ONLY issue I have with that last example though is...you (figurative) may be starting off with a base rifle that is "too low end". I've found that there's a lower floor level where it doesn't matter how much time/money you put into a really cheaply made gun...it just won't be at the same quality/reliability/performance level at the end as starting with a base that's at a higher quality level and adding stuff.

Just my $0.02...
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:16   #44
m102404
Tys

Quote:
My point was that getting a GBBR is not recommended for those without any other airsoft guns as its NOT reliable enough. These are mainly for people with too much money and no sense of priorities (I keed I keed...) as pretty much as "whoa, fucking cool!" kinda thing. There are some people with the skill and experience necessary to game them effectively, don't get me wrong. But that doesn't mean anyone can. Theres no rush dude, get yourself a proper AEG once you get verified, integrate yourself in the sport and community and hone your skills and once you get enough money to dump into a GBBR setup then do it up.
100% agree with that.

I've got a great PTW setup (when it works) and access to at least 3 GBBR type rifles...but I'm NEVER going to go to a game without my trusty V3 AEG as a backup (add batt, add bbs, press trigger and it works)
Old October 14th, 2009, 13:12   #45
KoolAidMan

tys out of the guns you used as an example the closet to its price overseas is the ksc mp7 overseas 340 here 500 .the we m4 is 400 and sells for 930 with 5 mags factor in each mags is about 40-50 each and the mark up of the actual rifle isnt much mabey its around 700$

On the other end of the spectrum the king arms is around 250-350 but demands a price of 800 .thats just tad bit beyond explanation on how 2 items with similar prices over seas can be in diffrent ranges over here.and how something that costs more is actualy less expensive over here

it just seems illogical to me to run your bussiness like that

I exempted the ptw since you stated it was used

Quote:

Last edited by KoolAidMan; October 14th, 2009 at 13:18..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews