Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

C8 Sights

:

Canadian

Old November 28th, 2007, 10:16   #16
Crunchmeister

I have that exact ELCAN replica now. It's made by Classic Army, and it's a fantastic sight. That's exactly the seller I got mine from, Supply Point 76. And on ebay, it's cheap as hell too. Was like $120 altogether with shipping from Hong Kong. They sell the same CA one at 007 for $300 + shipping.

I like the ELCAN on the rifle. It provides just enough magnification for longer range targets. But for the M4 (to ge that C8A2 look), I think I'd like to get an Eotech replica instead. Better for the shorter range of the M4. And if the CF are using them, then it would be an authentic look.
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:40   #17
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

And if you're aiming for an L119A1 (C8SFW) then the Trijicon ACOG would be the way to go
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:53   #18
Crunchmeister

Looking to make the M4 into a C8A2, actually. Don't want to go for the extras like the SFW. I like my gun to be basic. I have little use for the extra rails, front handles, etc and don't really like the look of them.

I want to get a C8 metal body, and that will be the extent of my modding. Just debating between the Elcan and Eotech sight now...
Old November 28th, 2007, 18:36   #19
lupo

Ive made posts on this in other sections already.
Sights from anywhere other then the US are fine to import. US made and sold weapon sights require an export permit from the US statedept on the sellers side. Lots of Canadian firearms dealers sell them because they were imported properly.
I would go with an eotech or eotech replica because thats what the majority are using with the c8's . You may see a few aimpoints or leupold cqc's but they are most likely personally purchased.

Last edited by lupo; November 28th, 2007 at 18:39..
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 21:06   #20
Crunchmeister

Thanks Lupo. You've convinced me that it's the Eotech that I'll be going for. And the more I look at my gun with the ELCAN on it, the more I'm convinced it just looks too big. It looks much better on the rifle than the carbine.
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:59   #21
Ballcancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I'm not sure where I read that they were for law enforcement / military-only use. And usually when things are listed for LE / Military only, they're usually restricted... My bad then. Learning new stuff every day.

So that being said, it's not likely that a replica one of these (I'm not hardcore enough to pop $500 for a sight) would be seized by customs coming across the border, is it?
I have found that the Replica's that Huang brings in are very well made... I have an aimpoint comp M2 with full trades andfull adjustment and very little to no ghosting... I have also seen his Eotechs and was very impressed.. almost no ghosting on them as well.. and I think you can pick them up for around low to mid 100's.. definitly worth a gander.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian