Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft Revolvers

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 24th, 2011, 22:13   #1
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Airsoft Revolvers

I've always loved revolvers. And since I can't get any standard issue sidearm for my PLA load out, I am considering getting a revolver. Looking for something that's full-metal and gas powered, with the option of using moonclips/magazines, vis sa vis, concordantly, ergo,

So what companies make the best airsoft revolvers? And how do they perform out in the field?

Edit: I still am getting the TT-33 from KWA when it comes out, but still, I am considering getting a revolver on top of that... :3

Last edited by Cifyra; January 24th, 2011 at 22:32..
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 22:23   #2
Kingsix

Just be patient young trooper KWA is about to release the TT-33 which the Chinese still use today. Look up type 54 pistol in the meantime make up your mind on a PLA service rifle a AK style or Bull-pup.
Old January 24th, 2011, 22:25   #3
oldairsofter1962

i also love revolvers but not for like a PLA loadout ,
im soon getting the WG revolver (co2) 8inch barrel, chrome!!!
oldairsofter1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 22:26   #4
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsix View Post
Just be patient young trooper KWA is about to release the TT-33 which the Chinese still use today. Look up type 54 pistol in the meantime make up your mind on a PLA service rifle a AK style or Bull-pup.
I'd get the TT-33, but I also want a revolver wahhhhhhh

Seriously tho, revolvers are just better
Old January 24th, 2011, 22:31   #5
Evans

I've got a Marushin Raging Bull and it's very sexy. Got a nice cocking action and some nice brass shells to suit. Fires 8mm instead of the standard 6mm, and it quite accurate.

I haven't gamed it yet and don't really plan to. Since it depends on the shells for loading, it's not really the most practical firearm out there. And extra shells aren't cheap. I've seen a few sites selling them $30 for 6 shells.

I suggest you go with the TT-33. It's much more practical and effective in the world of airsoft.
Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 22:33   #6
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

I want a Wingun revolver too... They look sexy... kinda too hot to game, but SEXY!
Old January 24th, 2011, 22:36   #7
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Ok I edited my original post so people can get a better sense of what I was trying to say. I just want a revolver as a backup to a backup since, well, revolvers are just amazing =P The 9mm revolvers are used by the police in China and Hong Kong police used the Smith & Wesson Model 10. I'm just asking if they are practical in airsoft matches when used with 24 round magazines, how they perform, and good brands.

Thanks XD

Edit: Hong Kong police STILL use revolvers lol
Old January 24th, 2011, 22:48   #8
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans View Post
I've got a Marushin Raging Bull and it's very sexy. Got a nice cocking action and some nice brass shells to suit. Fires 8mm instead of the standard 6mm, and it quite accurate.

I haven't gamed it yet and don't really plan to. Since it depends on the shells for loading, it's not really the most practical firearm out there. And extra shells aren't cheap. I've seen a few sites selling them $30 for 6 shells.

I suggest you go with the TT-33. It's much more practical and effective in the world of airsoft.
According to reddragon airsofts videos, apparently the bullet shells can be used with a real speedloader, which leads me to think it can be also installed on a moonclip. Now I'm not sure if the cylinder is metal, but to those who doesn't know what moon clips are, they basically keep all your bullets together in one clip that you can shove inside your revolver for faster loading. It also comes out in one big chunk. However, the cylinder of the revolver would need to be machined to accept the moonclips. With 2 or 3 moonclips, I think you could probably game it if it performs well overall =/

Last edited by Cifyra; January 24th, 2011 at 22:50..
Old January 24th, 2011, 23:07   #9
LegioXIII

Apparently Red Dragon Airsoft has quite a history with ASC...
LegioXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 23:19   #10
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegioXIII View Post
Apparently Red Dragon Airsoft has quite a history with ASC...
Lol I'm all ears
Old January 24th, 2011, 23:38   #11
Kingsix

he claimed he can import guns to Canada with his "special importer license"
he also claimed to be able to meld springs to achieve insane muzzle velocity. Lets just say he's not on Good terms with airsoft Canada.
Old January 25th, 2011, 00:02   #12
LegioXIII

One word: Furries

Also, look up his YouTube videos re: Airsoft Canada.

Actually, I'll just post it for you.

Why Red Dragon Airsoft does NOT ship to Canada

Look through his description for the video - he names specific ASC members as "trolls".

Check THIS thread so we don't do too much of a rehash of the subject. Also good for a laugh.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail your topic.

I love revolvers myself and would love to get one. Only problem is that it seems like the majority of the ones that I've seen available right now are the obscenely large .44 cal or bigger replicas, with 8-inch or longer barrels. I'd prefer something a bit more suitable for a sidearm - maybe a 4" barrel, based on a .38 Special / .357 Magnum type revolver.

Quote:
With 2 or 3 moonclips, I think you could probably game it if it performs well overall =/
I'd consider a handgun a last ditch weapon. I figure if I was down to using a revolver in an AEG fight, I'm screwed. If I have to speedily reload said revolver in the same fight, I'm REALLY screwed.

Last edited by LegioXIII; January 25th, 2011 at 00:24..
LegioXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 00:22   #13
Cifyra
Iskaryot

I watched his video just now, and being the noob I am to airsoft, I'm not sure if what he said is correct. He said his 2 licenses and a clean record lets him ship guns up to Canada. Legally. However, if that is not true, then, where DOES Canada get its airsoft guns?

YouTube - Airsoft Canada immaturity caught on camera

Also, anyone know what happened before that video?

Last edited by Cifyra; January 25th, 2011 at 00:28..
Old January 25th, 2011, 00:28   #14
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaryot View Post
I watched his video just now, and being the noob I am to airsoft, I'm not sure if what he said is correct. He said his 2 licenses and a clean record lets him ship guns up to Canada. Legally. However, if that is not true, then, where DOES Canada get its airsoft guns?
Business firearms license they are very expensive and they must be approved by the CFO of the province.

Other than that there is the new 412fps and on the approved importation list, customs may still seize the gun and you will have to go to court to appeal the seizure.
Old January 25th, 2011, 00:28   #15
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

not from that furfag Jarek, that's for sure, don't worry where Canada gets its guns, it's not your concern, just save your pennies and you can get any gun you want for the right price.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank