Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

BDU Gloves, and Boots SUGGEST THEM TO ME

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 5th, 2009, 00:17   #31
Short Round
Najohn

Okay got my balaclava now and the gloves, now I need help with Boots and Goggles
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 00:26   #32
scurvythepirate

Well for Goggles, I can recommend ESS Profiles, they fit perfectly with a helmet (that is if your using one). And look great too
And of course we all know that ESS offers great protection to your eyes, as they issue their stuff to the US Army.
Old November 5th, 2009, 00:29   #33
theguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvythepirate View Post
Well for Goggles, I can recommend ESS Profiles, they fit perfectly with a helmet (that is if your using one). And look great too
And of course we all know that ESS offers great protection to your eyes, as they issue their stuff to the US Army.
Just be aware you can't use those at a paintball Field.

The first game i went to, I showed up with ESS goggles, only to be told i had to rent shittty rental goggles :\

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 00:32   #34
Short Round
Najohn

True that I guess it depends, how often I'll play with paint ball goggles
Old November 5th, 2009, 00:35   #35
Short Round
Najohn

Btw I'm not wearing a helmet, just my skull balaclava.
Old November 5th, 2009, 01:23   #36
RaisinBran

It really doesn't matter how much you spend on the goggles, if they got a good review buy em, shoot them at point blank range a couple if times in different areas and if they hold up...then your good to go.

I did that with some Auto glasses I got for free from my teacher. perfect for shooting cans

Anyway and if your asking about protection from stray BB's, either get a helmet or some sort of hat "boonie, basball" Anything helps.
JG M4A1
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 01:32   #37
scurvythepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisinBran View Post
It really doesn't matter how much you spend on the goggles, if they got a good review buy em, shoot them at point blank range a couple if times in different areas and if they hold up...then your good to go.

I did that with some Auto glasses I got for free from my teacher. perfect for shooting cans

Anyway and if your asking about protection from stray BB's, either get a helmet or some sort of hat "boonie, basball" Anything helps.
Make sure though, pick quality goggles. Nothing sucks more than a fucked up eye because of cheapness.
Go with ESS or Desert Locust (the real stuff not the China Shit) or Paintball goggles.
Old November 5th, 2009, 10:43   #38
Short Round
Najohn

They don't sell ballistic or Airsoft verified goggles in store do they?
Old November 5th, 2009, 15:55   #39
theguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisinBran View Post

I wouldn't recommend buying goggles that aren't officially safety rated, Regardless of if they can take a few shots close up.

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 16:38   #40
GSK88

Why cheap out on something that could save your vision? It's a one time friggin' expense anyways and it's cheaper than eye surgery. Go by some full seal goggles and ignore the advice that auto glasses are fine. If they're ballistically safety rated and full seal you're good to go. Not all shots come from the front so full seal is definitely necessary.
Old November 5th, 2009, 16:46   #41
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
Man up and get ESS goggles
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 16:52   #42
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
Players in Southern Ontario should get a set of paintball goggles first and foremost. Paintball goggles are required at the paintball fields (which represent the majority of the play areas) available here, it doesn't matter if ballistics are better, paintball are required because paintball fields need us to use them for insurance purposes. If you want to get a second set of whatever for use elsewhere go ahead, but don't get anything else than paintball goggles first.

Paintball goggles are allowed everywhere, ballistics goggles are only allowed at non paintball fields and they're the minority.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45

Last edited by Colin_S; November 5th, 2009 at 16:57..
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 18:30   #43
coach
aka coachster

I have the Proto Switch EL's, JT Spectra's and Bolle T800's.

The Proto's are full face where as the JT's I have only ever used just the goggle portion but use them 90% of the time. I have yet to use the T800's as most fields don't allow them but I got them for a great price. I have used a pair of polycarb shooting glasses for one game in the past. They limited the potential for a BB's to enter but fogged up pretty bad.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 18:46   #44
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_S View Post
Players in Southern Ontario should get a set of paintball goggles first and foremost. Paintball goggles are required at the paintball fields (which represent the majority of the play areas) available here, it doesn't matter if ballistics are better, paintball are required because paintball fields need us to use them for insurance purposes. If you want to get a second set of whatever for use elsewhere go ahead, but don't get anything else than paintball goggles first.

Paintball goggles are allowed everywhere, ballistics goggles are only allowed at non paintball fields and they're the minority.
you bring up a good point.

BTW i was going to use my brothers snowboarding goggles BUT they are way to big and stick out too much, and the lense is a shiny reflective colouring like a mirror almost, so you could see your self pointing your gun at yourself probably.
Old November 5th, 2009, 18:56   #45
scurvythepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
you bring up a good point.

BTW i was going to use my brothers snowboarding goggles BUT they are way to big and stick out too much, and the lense is a shiny reflective colouring like a mirror almost, so you could see your self pointing your gun at yourself probably.
And those goggles would probably just crack on the first shot.
Heres what I think, get a set of Paintball goggles, then for a semi "tacticool" loudout get the ESS, Desert Locust or Arena Flakjacks

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank