Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Recommendations for a CIRAS.

:

Gear Discussion

Old July 15th, 2013, 12:14   #1
MooseHead92

Recommendations for a CIRAS.

Hello ASC! How are you today? :salute:

I'm looking for advice on a CIRAS that will match an A-TACS FG BDU. Reason is... I love the coverage that CIRAS gives through its size. I can keep my stuff organized on the MOLLE. I'm not crowded by pouches riding up to my rack, and I feel safe knowing that a stray BB won't re-enact the Matrix bellybutton scene because there's mags and Cordura protecting my bacon I've tried a 6094 plate carrier, but the damn thing is too small (205-lb, 6-foot guy here... I've got some "ballistic protection", hahah) and I look like a SpecOps fairy.

Can you tell me a good yet affordable brand of CIRAS whose color could match with A-TACS FG? I was thinking Khaki or something... The CIRAS will be just a base, the pouches will eventually be A-TACS FG to break the solid color... Or should I just Multicam myself like everyone?

Thanks for any advice, guys. Over and out :salute:
MooseHead92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 12:17   #2
Drake
E-01

CB matches most stuff. Or if you want to stick to green tones you can go Ranger Green.

Stick to Pantac and Flyye if you're getting repro.
Old July 15th, 2013, 13:44   #3
MooseHead92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Stick to Pantac and Flyye if you're getting repro.
Oh my. On my disposable income, I'm missing this year's games if I save for that. Anything... more affordable? :S

Last edited by MooseHead92; July 15th, 2013 at 13:48..
Old July 15th, 2013, 14:12   #4
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseHead92 View Post
Oh my. On my disposable income, I'm missing this year's games if I save for that. Anything... more affordable? :S
Real one is about $500-600 :P

You can find some cheaper ones (~$100 shipped) on eBay and off Chinese websites, but you get what you pay for; while you may get it sooner, you'll probably come to regret blowing $90+ on something that started self-destructing after barely more than a season's worth of use.

Otherwise, consider buying used: there are several in the classifieds (you don't need to be AV'd to access the gear section) going for much less than the retail price (I'm selling one for $150 and there's a couple of OD ones for ~$100).

--OR--

Consider an alternate rig. Theres a number of similar armor systems, including non-releasable and civilian-market items, which go for a lot less. For example the Condor Modular Plate Carrier. While Condor isn't considered a top tier product when compared to military -grade gear (Eagle, LBT, HSGI, etc) it's still decent quality and far better than bottom rung Chinese junker products.

Last edited by Drake; July 15th, 2013 at 14:21..
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 14:25   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I've heard from 2 taller guys that the blackhawk carrier is quite tall.
But really, you're looking for any carrier that has 4 vertical molle strips on the cummerbund
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 14:33   #6
MooseHead92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Real one is about $500-600 :P

I'm selling one for $150
What brand? Color? Condition? You may have a buyer right here and now if all is right post some photos if you can.

Last edited by MooseHead92; July 15th, 2013 at 14:36..
Old July 15th, 2013, 15:41   #7
xav1982

Quote:
What brand? Color? Condition? You may have a buyer right here and now if all is right post some photos if you can.
Drake gear sale

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=152421
xav1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 14:50   #8
Black Patch

Quote:
Hello ASC! How are you today? :salute:

I'm looking for advice on a CIRAS that will match an A-TACS FG BDU. Reason is... I love the coverage that CIRAS gives through its size. I can keep my stuff organized on the MOLLE. I'm not crowded by pouches riding up to my rack, and I feel safe knowing that a stray BB won't re-enact the Matrix bellybutton scene because there's mags and Cordura protecting my bacon I've tried a 6094 plate carrier, but the damn thing is too small (205-lb, 6-foot guy here... I've got some "ballistic protection", hahah) and I look like a SpecOps fairy.

Can you tell me a good yet affordable brand of CIRAS whose color could match with A-TACS FG? I was thinking Khaki or something... The CIRAS will be just a base, the pouches will eventually be A-TACS FG to break the solid color... Or should I just Multicam myself like everyone?

Thanks for any advice, guys. Over and out :salute:

Second hand is your best shot.You can pick up Eagle rigs cheapish if you look in the right spots.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion