Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The hassle of starting airsoft...

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 27th, 2009, 18:04   #1
supertrix

The hassle of starting airsoft...

Hi,

I'm just writting to express my insatisfaction, and I'm probably not the first one, but i'll do it still.

I'm 23 years old and I live in the montreal area.

Serveral of my friends and I want to play around with airsofts back at our country houses, play together before we actually go play in organized game. Being a newbie always suck.

There seem to be a general concensus about the fact the the best place to start buying stuff is from the classfied. But hey, since i'm not age verified I just can't access de page. I've tried contacting 4 age verifiers in my area and none of them ever answered. I'm told I should go to a game and get verified there (if ever there is an age verifier at the particular game that fits my scheadule). But seriously, what the hell.

We ended up wasting money on total crap airguns for buyairsoft, just to test out and see if we could have fun. Now i either have a choice of G&G guns from 007/March1/Shootsoft etc or crap guns from buyairsoft.

I mean i see you guys that want to promote the sport, bring people, reduces de gun costs, but in the other hand make it so complicated to get in the sport. I just don't get it.

I know you want to keep under age people from playing for legal issues and for maturity purpose of having a more pleasurable time blogging/playing. But let's face it, any underage can go the site above mentionned and buy guns.

Lets just all take a time and re-think this hole idea. It's holding a lot of people back.

My 0.2 cents

PS: would somebody have the kindness of verifing me.

Lets face it
supertrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 18:13   #2
swatt13
Captain Awesome

nobody wants to go playing around with guns with a bunch of friends in your back yard. sacntioned events are the placed to play with them. it really isnt hard at all to get into the sport mate, but the few hoops you have to jump through are invariably designed to weed out some lower caliber people and make sure your not a retard. if you can follow a turn left here, walk up these stairs sign you can handle a get verified here, play that this place signs.

check here for the most recent active verifyer list. http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=74996 youll want to pay particular attention half way down the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 18:14   #3
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Age-verification is not to demote Airsoft. It is specifically to keep this already suffering sport running with mature people, not 13 year olds running around town. As for you, Keep trying to get age-verified, and remember, they have lives too. You can't expect someone to take time out of their lives, if they are very busy, or something important came up. Keep being patient, and you'll find this sport an awesome game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 18:15   #4
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
If your willing to make half way to Trois-rivières i could verify you... say... like the mcdo at berthierville...
I have nothing better to do anyway... lost my job just before christmas...

Other option is to go to the game at the action 500 paintball; 5592 RUE HOCHELAGA, MONTRÉAL, QC H1N 1A1. Next game is scheduled for the 3rd of febuary

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH

Last edited by SHaKaL; January 27th, 2009 at 18:19..
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 18:16   #5
aZn_triXta07

Relax....be patient

There used to be alot less verifiers and the staff would take a long time to gain access to the Classifieds, some people would wait months after meeting with a verifier.

Also, being an age-verifier is a volunteer position nobody is getting paid here and most of them work around their schedules to do so, so just be more patient.

Yeah they can go to the above sites, it's up to them to follow the rules. They know that if they don't follow up on those rules it'll only effect their reputation within the community and reign legal trouble upon themselves if anything were to ever happen.

Oh and you're not the first to complain about it, guess where those threads ended up?

So again just relax and give it a little more patience, somebody will get to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrix View Post
Hi,

I'm just writting to express my insatisfaction, and I'm probably not the first one, but i'll do it still.

I'm 23 years old and I live in the montreal area.

Serveral of my friends and I want to play around with airsofts back at our country houses, play together before we actually go play in organized game. Being a newbie always suck.

There seem to be a general concensus about the fact the the best place to start buying stuff is from the classfied. But hey, since i'm not age verified I just can't access de page. I've tried contacting 4 age verifiers in my area and none of them ever answered. I'm told I should go to a game and get verified there (if ever there is an age verifier at the particular game that fits my scheadule). But seriously, what the hell.

We ended up wasting money on total crap airguns for buyairsoft, just to test out and see if we could have fun. Now i either have a choice of G&G guns from 007/March1/Shootsoft etc or crap guns from buyairsoft.

I mean i see you guys that want to promote the sport, bring people, reduces de gun costs, but in the other hand make it so complicated to get in the sport. I just don't get it.

I know you want to keep under age people from playing for legal issues and for maturity purpose of having a more pleasurable time blogging/playing. But let's face it, any underage can go the site above mentionned and buy guns.

Lets just all take a time and re-think this hole idea. It's holding a lot of people back.

My 0.2 cents

PS: would somebody have the kindness of verifing me.

Lets face it
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 18:17   #6
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

There you go. Patience is the key, give a little, take a little. Also remember this sport's equipment is not the easiest to acquire, but this site if by far the best and safest way of doing so.

Quote:
I'm a sniper.

Old January 27th, 2009, 18:18   #7
The Saint

We agree the system is not perfect. If you think getting verified is a lot of hassle, at least it only happens once on the player end. For those running it, it's a persistent headache.

But you know what? Right now it's a necessary evil given the legal situation of airsoft in Canada right now. It's unfortunate that your attempt at verification has been met with continuous deferment by your local verifiers, but we are in the process of improving verifier availability.
Old January 27th, 2009, 18:22   #8
Amos

If you don't have the time to get verified, You don't have the time to play airsoft.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 18:23   #9
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
If you don't have the time to get verified, You don't have the time to play airsoft.
+1, as well as money. This sport is not cheap. Just a fair warning.

Quote:
I'm a sniper.

Old January 27th, 2009, 18:31   #10
supertrix

Thanks for your replies,

I'll keep trying. Just had to get it out.
Old January 27th, 2009, 18:35   #11
Drake
E-01

There's a game at Action 500 next Tuesday (Feb 3). Several people want to be verified and I'll be there around 8pm to do so. That's the best time to get verified.

If you can't make it to the game, something can be arranged with verifiers at some other time. But just like you maybe can't find time to make it to a game, you can't expect verifiers to drop everything to come running to you.

I don't know how many people will be able to make it to the game to get verified, nor where in Montreal you're located. Since I'm currently one of the few Montreal verifiers who'll verify you outside of games, you could be in for a bit of a wait (simple fair warning).
Old January 27th, 2009, 18:35   #12
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Good to know, as long as you are respectable, mature, and can follow rules, you will be happily accepted into this sport.

Quote:
I'm a sniper.

Old January 27th, 2009, 18:38   #13
kalnaren

Deal with it. Everyone else does.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 18:53   #14
supertrix

Don't worry, I'm not retarded.

I've been a lurker for a while, read facts, articles and such.

Read replies such as "deal with it everyone else does".

I'm just a firm beleiver that with all the bright minds here we could comme up
with something more "userfriendly" both for the verifiers and the players.

I'll try to make it on Feb3 at Action 500.

Thanks
Old January 27th, 2009, 19:03   #15
LUTNIT

I've never been to a game where its impossible to get a rental gun. I really urge new players to rent before they buy as it is a large investment. I am constantly seeing package deals of a JG or TM gun with a couple mags, battery, vest, and goggles going up for sale on the local Ottawa forum and here on ASC because someone wanted to get in but didn't rent before finding out that airsoft isn't for them. The time it takes to save up for a good gun, research whats good and whats bad, buy some BDU's and some simple gear, and play a couple games with rental guns is usually enough time to get verified if you contacted a verifier on or near your first game. I really do recommend renting for at least 2-3 games and at most places that MINIMUM 2-3 weeks if not 4-5 weeks as games aren't always held every weekend.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank