you guys all bring up very good points and I agree with you now,

I am open minded I just need to be shown
Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:19   #32
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0M View Post
you guys all bring up very good points and I agree with you now,

I am open minded I just need to be shown
That's pretty much how I was. I was young and naive once but then I grew up and realized that politicians don't know shit and usually try to placate their voter base with pork barrel projects and shit like that.

I think the better solution is to strictly enforce 18+ purchasing (and supervision so that parents can't QQ about little Johnny taking out some other kids eye or getting shot at), and put stronger prosecution measures in place for misuse. Partly to scare the shit out of kids who do misuse them but you can't "rule by fear" alone you also need to put some sort of education in place about proper use and supervision and stuff. But like that's ever going to happen. The US is full of irresponsible trigger happy "cowboys" who QQ that the right to bear arms is in the Constitution, but don't always treat the firearms with respect like they should. The way I see it, they have the right to guns, but that doesn't include the right to be a retarded trigger happy "cowboy" who doesn't learn about proper handling, use, storage, etc.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:56   #33
infernau

I see this as another tax grab in the sense that finds will ensue to those possessing realistic colored airsoft guns. This is university stupid, people will paint them and then will be charged! This is one of the dumbest ideas I heard of in a long time and since it's governmental that's saying a lot! People custom paint their guns everyday of the week, parents just don't want to take responsibility for little Jimmy, they'd rather stick him in front of the tv and hope the hell he'll turn out alright; having pink or green guns (like in the UK) won't change a thing as to people buying them (sales will drop but people will adjust). 99% of airsofters are responsible people, why should the masses pay the price for the few. Make it simple, a crime committed with anything resembling a firearms (I don't care if it's a cardboard cutout!) should be processed as a real steel crime period rather than a slap on the wrist, people choose to commit crime and should be punished accordingly. Zero tolerance applies here, hell the system is corrupt enough as it is and it's a gracious waste of tax payers $$ to separate people based on what they used.....They made their choice so let them pay for the crime.
infernau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 13:58   #34
Airsoft Mum

In the United Kingdom we had similar problems regarding the law. A group of Airsofters (players, site owners and retailers) lobbied parliament and we were fortunate enough (along with re-enactors) to gain an exemption. Basically our Airsoft Sites are now registered and if you play 3 times in no less than 2 months your card gets stamped and you receive an annual membership number. Once in possession of this number you are registered on a national database and are entitled to purchase RIF's (realistic imitation firearms) . This system works. If anyone wants to know more about this system please feel free to PM me.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 14:07   #35
voorhees -FWA-

Send a message via MSN to voorhees -FWA-
As outlined here: http://www.airsoftuk.info/uk-airsoft-laws.html
voorhees -FWA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 02:17   #36
shaharov

Yeah.... another gun registery. Actually, besides the cost I agree with this method in Canada rather then the current replica laws that are in place.. Better would be to repeal the replica laws, but I doubt that will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airsoft Mum View Post
In the United Kingdom we had similar problems regarding the law. A group of Airsofters (players, site owners and retailers) lobbied parliament and we were fortunate enough (along with re-enactors) to gain an exemption. Basically our Airsoft Sites are now registered and if you play 3 times in no less than 2 months your card gets stamped and you receive an annual membership number. Once in possession of this number you are registered on a national database and are entitled to purchase RIF's (realistic imitation firearms) . This system works. If anyone wants to know more about this system please feel free to PM me.
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:32   #37
Shatter

Send a message via MSN to Shatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaharov View Post
Yeah.... another gun registery. Actually, besides the cost I agree with this method in Canada rather then the current replica laws that are in place.. Better would be to repeal the replica laws, but I doubt that will happen.
It's less a gun registry and more of a player registry. You don't have to register each RIF that you purchase; the closest it comes to that is entering in your UKARA ID number when you order your gun, which is supposedly only for validation purposes.
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:06   #38
SteelToe
AKA ExtraExtra

The California bill appears to be more preying in people's fear. The senator would not touch any bill against the real steel but would go behind one that is not? Sounds like he needs some attention.

Also, would there not be any stats in California comparing crimes committed with real vs airsoft or anyone killed between the two? It definitely would poke a hole in the Senator's balloon.
Old May 31st, 2011, 12:53   #39
MadMorbius
It's just more stupid shit from California, the left-most left-coast state.

We don't need laws to keep dumb people from doing dumb shit. Let them do the dumb shit, then take them out of the gene pool. Fuck, we didn't have HALF the stupid laws in place we do now when I was a kid, and the streets didn't run red with blood. Dumb kids hurt themselves or got hurt. Then they either learned not to be dumb or went on to a prosperous career of packing groceries.

I read about a study a couple of weeks back. It stated, essentially, that ADD and ADHD are linked to a lack of free play by children. By taking away the freedom for kids to self-regulate and make mistakes, we've broken a part of their brains in the formative years that allows them to FOCUS on things.

Like, FOCUS, as in PAY ATTENTION to RISK and be prepared to REACT. Why bother, when all the risks are removed?

Let your kids play with chainsaws, plastic bags and car batteries in the bathtub. If they live through it she'll be fucktons ahead of the curve.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 18:55   #40
scottyfox

For those that care, the bill was voted down in the Public Safety Committee yesterday 5-2.
scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 19:23   #41
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
And lastly, I'm a FIRM believier in natural selection. Given the constraints on our society today, about the only way we have left to weed out the fucking stupid and keep them from breeding is by letting them remove themselves from the gene pool.
Man I LOL'ed at that last bit but damn is it ever true.

Also I agree totally it will effect those who obey the law, the criminals and such will still find ways to commit their crimes.

Wasnt there a guy who got off real easy for arme drobbery cause he didnt use a "real" gun, it had a blaze orange tip and wasnt recovvered so the video was taken as showing the "replica" he used? Prolly a real gun painted, I mean if you wer going to use a replica youd prolly want it to look as real as posible thus painting the orange tip black no?
Who knows anyhow they went out to commit an "armed" robbery so their thought process is likely a lil wonky.

I feel sory for the Cal airsofters hope they get this worked out, or I hope they enjoy their hello kity guns lol.
YouTube - ‪pink hello kitty plr-16 silencer suppressed plr16 keltec kel-tec suppressor 223 5.56x45 gun handgun‬‏
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; June 22nd, 2011 at 19:33..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 19:25   #42
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyfox View Post
For those that care, the bill was voted down in the Public Safety Committee yesterday 5-2.
guess i should have finnished reading lol
good to know they got some brains over there lol
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old June 22nd, 2011, 19:48   #43
Grudge
multitech

But its up for review in August after a rewrite!
Old June 22nd, 2011, 19:54   #44
Hectic

damn SOB's lol
more hello kitty goodness lol
YouTube - ‪Hello Kitty gun‬‏
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old June 22nd, 2011, 21:27   #45
sirtaco27

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyfox View Post
Music to my ears.

And I agree Mad. I didn't wear a helmet when I was on my scooter, fell off, hurt my head and decided to wear a friggin helmet. My mom didn't tell my senator to ban all scooters. Sigh, kids these days with their hippy attitudes toward every problem.

Perks:
Bloody BB
BB Magnet
Steady Aim
sirtaco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General