Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MP5 A4 tapping plate question

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 9th, 2005, 17:23   #1
1shot1kill

MP5 A4 tapping plate question

Can someone tell me if this is a hard fix? And what will it cost? Is it something I can do myself?
1shot1kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 18:01   #2

It's called tappet plate not tapping plate. You can't fix one if it's broken. Of course you can super glue it back together but I don't think it will work. Tappet plates usually cost around $10-15USD on WGC. Mechbox has to be opened in order to replace a tappet plate. So, if you don't know how to work on a mechbox my advice is to pay someone else to do it for you.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2005, 18:06   #3
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
If you don't know how to spell tappet plate, I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself. Assuming that only the tappet plate is broken, you're looking at around $15-20 for the part, and probably a bit more than that in labour for an experienced airsmith to install it.
Old July 9th, 2005, 19:56   #4
1shot1kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyb
If you don't know how to spell tappet plate, I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself. Assuming that only the tappet plate is broken, you're looking at around $15-20 for the part, and probably a bit more than that in labour for an experienced airsmith to install it.
Gee, thanks for the spelling lesson Mrs.Bee! If in knew what it was I would of spelled it correctly. I thought it was called a tapping plate. So, relax with the flaming, you don't have to be smart to answer the question.

Old July 9th, 2005, 20:12   #5
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
All I was pointing out was that if you didn't know what the part was, or what it was called, you probably shouldn't be replacing it yourself.
Old July 9th, 2005, 20:15   #6

1shot1kill, There is only one reason why you didn't know how to spell that word. That reason is your laziness. This board has a huge topic entirely dedicated to gun upgrades/parts. Look for 5 minutes and you will find it. So, why don't you thank a person who gave you advice instead of being a smart ass.
Old July 9th, 2005, 20:34   #7
1shot1kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666
1shot1kill, There is only one reason why you didn't know how to spell that word. That reason is your laziness. This board has a huge topic entirely dedicated to gun upgrades/parts. Look for 5 minutes and you will find it. So, why don't you thank a person who gave you advice instead of being a smart ass.

For your information. I have searched the board ( I did a search for "tapping plate") and nothing came up obiviously because I didn't know what it was called. So before you go and accuse someone of being lazy get your friggen facts right! I don't understand why you got to be such an ass? Is it because you feel like being one? Not all of us were born with a Airsoft gun in our hands oh great airsoft god...... So I suggest you take your flaming some other place.
Old July 9th, 2005, 20:39   #8
1shot1kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyb
All I was pointing out was that if you didn't know what the part was, or what it was called, you probably shouldn't be replacing it yourself.
Thank you. I appreciate your help. I'm just not big on flaming remarks, I don't think there is a place for them. People ask questions to learn and everytime someone has to be afraid to ask a question, no one will learn. Not everyone here knew everything about airsoft or repairing Airsoft guns....you learn.
Old July 9th, 2005, 20:45   #9

If you take a look at upgrades/modifications section you will see "sticky" topic on top of the section. It takes less than 5 minutes to find it.
http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=2738
I wasn't born with an AEG in my hands. Just came here and spent hours of reading about airsoft guns. I wasn't trying to be an ass. Just said that you should search for answers on the board and thank people for giving you advice instead of giving them attitude. 90% of questions people usually ask here already been answered before.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner