Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Western Arms M9 Slide

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 16th, 2008, 00:29   #1
Batchokookies

Western Arms M9 Slide

Hey guys I've been plinking a lot with my M92FS and the slide has cracked. The crack is right on the left side safety lever, it's big, and I'm not sure how to fix it, if that's even possible. any suggestions?

If I can't fix it, does anyone know where i can import a new slide from, preferably metal?
KWA P226 PTP X2
VFC/UMAREX MP5A2
Batchokookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:41   #2
Azuki

If its an older WA it might not have been a good idea to run it on propane. Once the slide is broken there isn't much you can do. It is possible to get replacement slides, however I would recommend you get a metal slide instead.

If you're AV'd someone might be selling them in the classified section. Alternatively you can purchase WA M9/M92 slides from most of the online retailers IIRC. I've seen quite a few in stock. I'd recommend Shooters Design (they'll go for about 100-150 usd), or if you have the cash Sheriff (~200+).

If you chose to get a metal slide, it's recommended that you get an upgraded hammer spring and upgraded recoil spring. Also if you can find one for your model, get a recoil spring guide with a buffer. This will lessen the stress on the slide.

WA SV Infinity 5" Classic
Azuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 21:32   #3
Batchokookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuki View Post
If its an older WA it might not have been a good idea to run it on propane. Once the slide is broken there isn't much you can do. It is possible to get replacement slides, however I would recommend you get a metal slide instead.

If you're AV'd someone might be selling them in the classified section. Alternatively you can purchase WA M9/M92 slides from most of the online retailers IIRC. I've seen quite a few in stock. I'd recommend Shooters Design (they'll go for about 100-150 usd), or if you have the cash Sheriff (~200+).

If you chose to get a metal slide, it's recommended that you get an upgraded hammer spring and upgraded recoil spring. Also if you can find one for your model, get a recoil spring guide with a buffer. This will lessen the stress on the slide.
Thanks for the reply. What is IIRC? and where might I find a shooters design slide?
KWA P226 PTP X2
VFC/UMAREX MP5A2
Batchokookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 21:40   #4
Azuki

If I Recall/Remeber Correctly.

Over seas retailers... not sure of any specific ones.

WA SV Infinity 5" Classic
Azuki is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner