Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

We 416

:

Reviews

Old February 25th, 2012, 19:49   #1
QKLee11

We 416

Since GBBR made an appearence in Airsoft last 2 years I wanted to try one out. Being ex Military I like the "Realism" of the game. The Mag changing and real load outs was what I wanted. Not only that the operations of the GBBR is almost simular to the real C 7.

I bought the GBBR from Toronto Airsoft (Velocity Arms). It was well worth the money (thanx Frank).

To begin with the GBBR has not dissapointed me in performance. Along as you conduct after maintenance to this GBBR you will have no problems. I still have stocked parts in this Rifle and have fire 6000 BB's through it, totally outstanding.

The Rifle is chrony at 460 FPS with .30 in it. So now I have to put an NPAS Kit into it and replace the hammer and the sear in the lower receiver although the stock parts are holding up fine. The FPS is hot for CQB but is allowed on some fields but having the new NPAS kit in it will allow it to be use in all events. The accurancy and penetration power of the GBBR is outstanding (eh PWOR).

I liked the Gas system, the only knock I have against it is the reliablity of the MAGS. I have 3 Mags to be repair. If I had my own shop I would do it myself. I think I will try some CO 2 Mags this year to see what the effectness is like.

In a MILSIM with 13 MAGS is realistic. This is my preferred spring/summer time Primary weapon. I wished WE made MP 5 CQB models for CQB. I am thinking about buying the new WE AK 47. I think I will wait and see how many performance reviews is posted on it. However for realism, I will probaly buy it.

I give the WE 416 9.5 out of 10...0.5 point is the break down of the MAGS. For realism, penetration power and accurancy, this is the gun.
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 20:31   #2
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Holy Mother of all Things Good and Natural.

Four Hundred and Sixty Feet Per Second with an Effing Point Thirty?!

Stock?! AND you're putting an NPAS in it?!

How in the hell...?!
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 20:41   #3
Reignman
Hammburglar

Send a message via MSN to Reignman Send a message via Skype™ to Reignman
umm...doesnt he have to put an npas in it to reduce the fps? I don't know jack about gas guns..
Do you really think all 322 spots will sell out in a single day
Reignman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 20:51   #4
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
No, it simply adjusts the FPS on GBBGs.

It stands for Negative Pressure Adjustment System, and basically just varies backpressure in the blowback chamber, thereby varying gas pressure and varying the FPS at which the gun shoots.

Quite genius, if you ask me, but I'm pretty sure that it still won't be able to lower the FPS enough if he's shooting 460 with a .30. That's 2.93 joules of energy, which converts to around 565 FPS with a .20.
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 21:10   #5
John Spartan

Q,

I will be interested to see how your WE GBBR turns out. I have yet to hear about any WE GBBR that lasts without a large amount of parts swapout and ongoing maintenance. The mags are prone to leakage too as you have noticed. The WE situation is so bad that I have seen many players dump their WE's and go back to AEG's.

Realism is all fine and dandy but if the GBBR doesn't shoot it is no better then a display piece. I seriously think that the WE's require more maintenance then the real C7's ... lol

Last edited by John Spartan; February 25th, 2012 at 21:27..
John Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 21:10   #6
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiang View Post

It stands for Negative Pressure Adjustment System, and basically just varies backpressure in the blowback chamber, thereby varying gas pressure and varying the FPS at which the gun shoots.

Quite genius, if you ask me, but I'm pretty sure that it still won't be able to lower the FPS enough if he's shooting 460 with a .30. That's 2.93 joules of energy, which converts to around 565 FPS with a .20.
Gas guns do not work the same way when estimating BB weight and FPS.

If a gas gun shoots 460 on .30, it likely only shoots around 480-490 on .20.

NPAS is quite able to bring that gun down to the 300ish area.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 21:26   #7
Coresair

I'm pretty sure it's a typo and he meant 460 on .20s.
Coresair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 21:36   #8
Toxicrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coresair View Post
I'm pretty sure it's a typo and he meant 460 on .20s.
Nope, not a typo. That gun is F'ing hot as hell!!! The NPAS is a necessity for sure with it!!!
Toxicrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 21:40   #9
Ballcancer

If its the 416 with a 14.5 '' barrel then that makes sense... GBBR's with a longer inner barrel will have a higher fps. The longer the bb stays in the barrel, the longer it's being pushed out by te gas, which means it will leave the barrel with a higher velocity.
Old February 25th, 2012, 22:00   #10
GSK88

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Spartan View Post
Q,

I will be interested to see how your WE GBBR turns out. I have yet to hear about any WE GBBR that lasts without a large amount of parts swapout and ongoing maintenance. The mags are prone to leakage too as you have noticed. The WE situation is so bad that I have seen many players dump their WE's and go back to AEG's.

Realism is all fine and dandy but if the GBBR doesn't shoot it is no better then a display piece. I seriously think that the WE's require more maintenance then the real C7's ... lol
I'm one owner who hasn't experienced anything ridiculous. Had to swap a crushed nozzle (Which was replaced by an NPAS so it was kind of whateves)

Ongoing maintenance? Yeah sure. Just like anything with tons of fast moving parts you've gotta constantly clean/lube etc. but it's nothing more than 10 minutes in front of the TV with a rag and some Super Lube.

All the upgraded WE GBBRs were sold off, now all I have is 2 lowers and 3 uppers, all stock and none have had any mechanical problems. I know of players who've swapped everything out of their guns and still had heaps of issues, others who've done nothing for 2 years with no issues. I think the player is a major factor that needs to be taken into account on reliability.
GSK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 22:18   #11
m102404
Tys

I'm still running a stock WE Gen 1 trigger box...with the sole exception of part#66 added to it. I can't imagine how many thousands of rounds and trigger pulls it's had.

The mags...while stock...suck balls for leaking. Don't even bother to try and keep them gassed/lubed/etc. Skip right to sealing them with blue/black gasket maker. It's a one time fix and really doesn't take all that long. Have latex/nitrile gloves on though.

The WE 416 upper is really solid. I would recommend that the black oring that goes over the outer before the barrel nut screws down is retained. Tighten to a crush fit...I really like how solid the rail locks into the receiver. Did up a short barreled 416...really solid CQB gun.

Clear gel PTFE grease is superb for GBBRs. No rubber issues...and does not seem to dry up over time and/or solidify at lower temps. Combined with a little silicone oil (same as you would do for pistol mags...not as much as was needed for closed bolt system) it keep everything super slick.

If you're doing joule calcs for field limits...you may find it a struggle to get in down enough with 0.30's. With the closed bolt the system would choke itself off around 310fps (weight regardless) depending on temp. I haven't fiddled much with the NPAS on the open bolt...we usually just run a bit hotter.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 22:32   #12
Reignman
Hammburglar

Send a message via MSN to Reignman Send a message via Skype™ to Reignman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLiang View Post
That's what I said wasn't it?

And it was definitely shooting 460 on .3s I should know I made him check the fps with my chrony.
Do you really think all 322 spots will sell out in a single day
Reignman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 07:25   #13
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Gas guns do not work the same way when estimating BB weight and FPS.

If a gas gun shoots 460 on .30, it likely only shoots around 480-490 on .20.

NPAS is quite able to bring that gun down to the 300ish area.
This is exactly how gas guns work and i couldn't have said it better myself.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews