Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Madbull bbs

:

General

Old October 24th, 2010, 21:10   #31
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
jams barrel, piston gets held half way back from the air pressure then the gear strips those teeth that are still moving forward.
It's not the bbs that strip the piston its the air pressure caused by the jam thats caused by the bbs.
you beat me to it.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2010, 21:22   #32
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture View Post
I was told Madbulls and BBBastards are produced in the same factory. That makes a whole lotta people vouching for the output from that factory.
Blackthorne said it, I second it, this is FALSE. Dont compare or even begin to league Madbulls in with BB Bastards.
Old October 25th, 2010, 01:18   #33
Crunchmeister

Quote:
jams barrel, piston gets held half way back from the air pressure then the gear strips those teeth that are still moving forward.
It's not the bbs that strip the piston its the air pressure caused by the jam thats caused by the bbs.
^^^^^
That.

Personally, I've never seen a good experience in person with Madbull. I know on my Type 56, they jam both the barrel and the mag. Angelus tried loading Madbulls in it 2 years ago in Petawawa and I had to end up disassembling the mag to get the BBs out. I tried them in my Hi Capa that day as well and also had feed issues on a gun that otherwise worked well. I think they worked well in my SAW though. I can't remember for sure.

After that, I don't trust them at all. I don't know, but I won't put them in my guns anymore. I can feed Bastards through that gun all day without any issues. Others seem to have no issue with Madbull at all. They were nothing but headaches for me. So I'll stick with a sure thing and stick to Bastards.

Sorry Sim123456. Because they worked in your guns without issue doesn't mean they work in every gun. I was there when this happened to Spec's gun. The BBs just weren't feeding right at all. His gun doesn't like Madbull. And considering mine doesn't like them either, I recommended that Specs not use them in his Type 56 anymore.

In my experience, Bastards feed reliably in all my guns, all the time, without exception. I've never experienced a jam of any kind using them, whereas I've experienced various feed and jam issues with other bands of BBs in some of my guns. So it's a no-brainer to me. I use what I know works.
Old October 25th, 2010, 07:49   #34
coach
aka coachster

I've always had issues with MadBulls, with the exception if the tracer rounds. They don't feed well at all. Their polishing system seems inferior to Bastards and the BB's feel rough in comparison.

Oddly enough, I'm running the MadBull tightbores in all my AEG's yet the inner barrel is where there are jamming up most. Second is in the mags. The only way I managed to shoot through the bags I had was to put a few drops of silicone oil into the bags to 'slick' them up a bit. It's only a temporary fix as excess lube would need to be cleaned out of the hopup and inner barrel more often.

Now, the only things I allow MadBulls in are my 40mm's!

I'm wondering how many people without issues are running stock inner barrels vs. tightbores?
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:53   #35
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
...I think they worked well in my SAW though. I can't remember for sure...
they worked well from the hicap mags but the midcaps jammed after about 10-20 shots.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 09:14   #36
Crunchmeister

Quote:
they worked well from the hicap mags but the midcaps jammed after about 10-20 shots.
I thought so, but couldn't remember for sure.
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:27   #37
m102404
Tys

I've shot bags and bags of their 0.20/0.28/0.30...they worked fine in SAW's, AEG's, GBBR, PTW and GBB. I shot a min of 11000 Madbulls since they came out in the big ziplock bags.

They fed fine (as well or as poorly...I've got some bum mags) as BBBastards for me. No extra lubing/etc. to do.

Their finish is not as good as BBBastard.

I do notice that I get much more consistent shots with BBBastard. They don't make a shitty gun shoot like a laser but in an accurate rifle they help squeeze out the most accuracy/consistency.

I have had 2 occasions where BBBastard BBs jammed the shit out of my rifles....one was with a FAL carbine with a 6.03 tightbore...litterally switching back to a mag with MB's would work, switch to a mag of BBB and it'd jam. The other was with a SAW...once the BBBs got mixed into the box mag it was game over and gun down for that saw. But it was an odd game and the BBs might have been compromised by water. Could have been just a bad batch....certainly not sufficient to say, "this is shit, never use it".

I shoot BBBastard now (the remainders of MB bags are just used for testing).
1. Because they work, they're reliable, they're consistent
2. Because Scarecrow & Co. are a good progressive force in Canadian airsoft...and I support that.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 11:33   #38
Tyrarn

Me and my friends used the madbull`s bbs all summer long with different brand of guns (CA, G&P, KWA, DBoys, G&G) with stock barrel, madbull tightbore barrel and Prometheus tightbore barrel with no problem at all.
Tyrarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 18:44   #39
Brayden
¡¡¡ɹǝʞɐǝɹq oqɯoɔ-ɔ-ɔ-ɔ

I use the .3s in my vsr, I find them to be OK never a jam but I also agree that bastard have a better finish as my accuracy is on par with .28 bastards. 400fps I am shooting at I think.
Old October 25th, 2010, 21:28   #40
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Everyone and their dog out here HATES flying colors BB's with a passion due to poor accuracy and LOTS of jamming issues.
And yet I ran 10 bags through my M249, and no less than 2 bags through my other 2 rifles with 6.03 tightbores. And although I agree they're 10% less accurate than good BB's, I've never had a jam.....
I blame poor gunsmithing
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 16:26   #41
Boris the Blade

I've gone through close to 30k madbulls through 5 or 6 different guns in the last 3 years, using them every weekend, and I have yet to have a problem with them. All my guns had stock barrels, and they all shot well. Perhaps they don't work well with tightbore barrels?
I haven't noticed a major difference between madbull's and BBB in aeg's with stock barrels, but I have noticed that madbulls get nicked and dented when they are loaded into WE M4 mags, and BBB don't.
Old October 26th, 2010, 23:13   #42
Specs

The barrel I ran them through was my RS 56....brand new stock, when I was adjusting my hopup a bb jammed and it raped something in my mechbox. I also ran them through by CA m15a4 SPR and I didnt have many problems, I think I had a jam once that also has a stock barrel
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General