Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Propane adapters

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 30th, 2009, 03:06   #1
Richand

Propane adapters

Hi, i just got my first gbb and am planning to buy a propane adapter with some silicone oil. Anyways im planning to buy the Mad Bull New Propane Adaptor w/Silicone Reservoir from airsoftparts.ca, just want some opinion about it.

Does it work with most propane tanks?
What propane brands would you recommend and where to buy(ones that work with the adapter of course).
Is that adapter any good and any comments on it?

Tips about gbb's and oiling and all that stuff would help too.

Thank you!
Richand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 03:13   #2
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Mostly people will use those green Coleman camper tanks like this one.

As for general care, don't forget to use ultra light weight silicone oil in your tanks. If you buy the AI Adapter Gun Gas Kit it will come with a bottle that should last you until the second coming of christ. I have one that Ive been using for about 2 years and its only half way through. You can also buy refills from AI. Don't forget to clean and lube the rest of your GBB as well. Keeping in my you use a different kind of silicone oil for lubing the guts of the GBB. I use Amsoil brand Silicone Lubricant Spray. You don't have to use the same, but just keep in mind, do NOT use any spray that contains petroleum distillates. If you google "GBB Maintenance " you should find any questions you have about proper GBB care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 03:27   #3
Richand

Do you know where i can buy the Amsoil brand Silicone Lubricant Spray? around in Toronto or scarborough?
Yeah im planning to buy the silicone oil that comes with the package only separately, basically making my own. The coleman propane are sold in most camping stores right?
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:23   #4
Tex

AI over any other adapter any day. the gas gun kit comes with everything you need and is the first, the best and the Canadian adapter. AI is good people with a good product and they invented the damn thing and the man is a member here please forget the other brands and support the Canadian manufactures.

Not just brown nosing I have owned 3 different generations of AI adapters and all of them have work perfect. I picked up a new madbull in a trade awhile ago and it was garbage never seemed to seal right no matter what.

Coleman propane is sold everywhere camping stores, grocery stores CT, Rona you can also use any of the other "off" brand little green cans too.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:49   #5
Cuddles

I got a madbull adapter (the newest version with the oil reservoir) and it functions perfectly on the coleman tanks as well as the rona propane tanks.

As for propane tanks, you can pick up anywhere, even the London Drugs down my street sells them. You can pick up silicone spray at your local hardware store - they are a common item so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it either.
Cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 05:10   #6
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Just make sure you are getting the right kind, weight, type etc... or your gun can suffer catastrophic failure and degradation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:33   #7
theguy

Also, with silicon spays, make sure it contains no petroleum.

Some silicon sprays, especially those from Canadian tire, say "%100 Silicon! Safe for rubber, vinyl and plastic" but, if you read the label more carefully, it says in the fine print "contains petroleum dilates"

Petroleum will eat your gun.

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:47   #8
Dart

For the oil go to a hobby shop and ask for 30 weight shock oil. 4.99 for a nice sized bottle.

Just curiouse but why are you saying don't use that on the slide? just cause it will pick up dirt?
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 12:34   #9
lemegacool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
For the oil go to a hobby shop and ask for 30 weight shock oil. 4.99 for a nice sized bottle.

Just curiouse but why are you saying don't use that on the slide? just cause it will pick up dirt?
just to avoid confusion... DO NOT put 30wt oil in the gas, 30wt is used to lubricate trigger mech/hammer mech slide, for the gas use 1.5wt light silicone oil (sold by ai)

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 13:22   #10
Richand

wow great tips!

I would like the ai kit but its plastic, i prefer a metal adapter if possible, thats y i chose to go with mad bull.

So shock oil for cleaning will it be ok for all the parts? and ultra light 1.5wt silicone oil by ai for the gas.
Old May 30th, 2009, 13:27   #11
viraL
Envies Disaster_Piece's hair

For the record, I use 30wt in my gun for the gas too and it seems to work fine, only been doing it for like a month or so now. Going to switch to 1.5 or 2 because I know it's better, but the thicker stuff works ok too. I also find it doesn't spray it at all when you shoot

On the madbull propane adaptor - I have it and it works soso. Sometimes it doesn't seal well though. The AI kit is awesome though same price and you get everything you need.
viraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 13:32   #12
Richand

good to know, i guess i can use it as a substitute if i have nothing left.

any comments on the plastic ai kit vs the mad bull w/ oil reservoir.

pros and cons lol i want a one time buy.
Old May 30th, 2009, 13:34   #13
viraL
Envies Disaster_Piece's hair

Get the AI kit.

With the AI kit you get basically 2 nozzles, some silicone oil and something else? Everything you need for basic GBB maintenance AND filling it.

The madbull kit doesn't seal as well. You can fill it, but still need silicone oil. And it will take you so long to go through a can of propane.. honestly adding a drop there every 5-6 fills isn't much work AND you KNOW that you're doing it. What if the adapter failed, and you filled your gun for 100+ fills, ruined the seals and shit..

Iunno. I'd go for the AI kit in your situation, especially since you don't already have, or can readily get silicone oil that you know is ok for the gun.

Hope this helps!
viraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 13:39   #14
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richand View Post
good to know, i guess i can use it as a substitute if i have nothing left.

any comments on the plastic ai kit vs the mad bull w/ oil reservoir.

pros and cons lol i want a one time buy.
I don't see any problems with either. To avoid having to take the AI adapter off to fill with oil, I use a printer refill syringe and insert the oil that way. There's nothing wrong with the plastic and it comes with a duster tip which can be used in the even the adapter tip becomes damaged. I have not heard of any first hand complaints on the Madbull one.

Only thing is if you wish to support a Canadian company through purchasing the AI one. All up to you. End result is the same.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 14:04   #15
Richand

oh, does anyone know how long an 8 oz green gas last?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank