Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Aftermath Broxa Firing problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 18th, 2009, 14:41   #1
ROFLmyWAFFLE

Question Aftermath Broxa Firing problem

Hey guys, I have a problem with my AEG and my buddy told me to come on here and maybe someone here has a solution before I bring my gun somewhere.

Well, I'm fairly new to airsofting and this is my first gun. I've had it for just over a week and up until yesterday it was fine. I was in my basement firing at stuff (go figure) and all of a sudden the sound my gun made when it fired changed and BBs stopped being fired. Now it just sounds like its being muffled (like its between 2 mattresses). My mag is fine and the battery is fully charged.

Any ideas?
ROFLmyWAFFLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 14:50   #2
kalnaren

Off the top of my head, either a BB jam in the barrel or a broken tappet plate. You should have a cleaning/unjamming rod. Turn off the hop-op and stick the rod down the barrel.

If that's not the issue, then what I suggest is 1) Make sure NO BB's are loaded, and 2) look in the loading nozzel through the reciever, fire, and see if the nozzel sticking out of the mechbox moves.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; January 18th, 2009 at 15:28..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 14:56   #3
ROFLmyWAFFLE

ive already made sure it wasnt a BB jam, and I checked what i believe is the nozzel. I can definitely tell that something is moving in the loading nozzel.
Old January 18th, 2009, 15:25   #4
Crunchmeister

Sounds like you have a broken tappet plate. Nothing to do there but crack the mechbox open to replace it.
Old January 18th, 2009, 15:29   #5
ROFLmyWAFFLE

Now, me being new to airsoft and never really done any maintenance on an AEG, should I maybe bring this somewhere or do you feel confident that a newbie is able to do this. You should be aware I am very capable of fixing mechanical things and wouldnt be worried about doing it myself.
Old January 18th, 2009, 15:30   #6
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROFLmyWAFFLE View Post
Now, me being new to airsoft and never really done any maintenance on an AEG, should I maybe bring this somewhere or do you feel confident that a newbie is able to do this. You should be aware I am very capable of fixing mechanical things and wouldnt be worried about doing it myself.
Check out www.mechbox.com and watch their MP5 takedown video. A mechbox isn't anything to be afraid of, just pay attention to what you are doing. BTW the MP5 has a Version 2 mechbox.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old January 18th, 2009, 15:31   #7
Crunchmeister

If you feel capable of doing it and are mechanically-inclined, head over to www.mechbox.com and watch the MP5 disassembly video. Yours will be slightly different because of the front rail, but the body / mechbox disassembly will be the same.

Head on over to www.airsoftparts.ca where you can find yourself a V2 tappet plate (once you confirm it is indeed the broken part).
Old January 18th, 2009, 15:32   #8
kalnaren

lol Crunch is their an echo in here

Quote:
Old January 18th, 2009, 15:39   #9
KNIVEZS

here the list of gun docs
http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread....hlight=gun+doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
Tip of the day: When removing a chain of anal beads from your lovers rectum. Do not pull them out as if you were attempting to start a lawn mower.

sexy time
KNIVEZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 15:43   #10
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
lol Crunch is their an echo in here
No, just great minds going off at the same time.
Old January 19th, 2009, 17:32   #11
delta76

While you're at it order some 6mm bushings and shims from airsoftparts.ca and replace the stock components and regrease with white lithium grease. I opened up my Broxa last week and the factory grease is terrible and there's way too much in there it actually made its way out of the mechbox and into the motor vents. The factory shim job is horrible as well, mine runs like butter now.
delta76 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner