Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review - Well Warrior 1 L96 (Noob's perspective)

:

Reviews

Old January 16th, 2008, 03:17   #46
Amos

Here's without the silencer on :P lol

Edit: since you're gonna be sniping... Want protectors for your scope?

I made myself one that sits in the lense cover thing that it came with Click the link in my sig if you're interested.. Just trying to generate enough cash so I can get myself a fully equiped lexan shop (able to do bending, cutting, shaping, ect ect.)
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 18:48   #47
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack_silent View Post
Excellent review, Im considering getting one of these. What's the magnification / clarity like of the scope?
3X9, and clarity is good enough
G3SD6
Old January 16th, 2008, 22:42   #48
enigmahack

Send a message via MSN to enigmahack
I agree - The overall quality of the scope is okay. 3-9x40 is awesome for this rifle, though I personally would want more clarity from the scope. *It's definitely not "unclear", just a little fuzzy around the edges when you zoom in a lot* though that doesn't at all take away from the effectiveness of the weapon.

Keep in mind that it's pretty rare that you'll ACTUALLY be zoomed in fully when using this gun. Most people keep it at 3x and leave it.
enigmahack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 23:58   #49
Shrapnel[Op-For]

nice review.

I've been wanting to get a bolt action sniper for a while, just so I have options when I go to games. I've been looking at the JG bar 10 and the l96 that you have just reviewed. So the bar 10 is marui compatible, and just like the marui, should be upgraded for best use and higher FPS, BUT the l96 seems very strong right from the box. I don't know if the l96 will be a better investment, or if the JG bar 10 will be because of it being a good platform for upgrades.
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 00:25   #50
Amos

The L96 is strong out of the box, but it is not accurate.

Strength =/= accuracy.

Update:

Seems the L96 that mark sells is not 100% compatible with the maruzen stuff, I bought a silencer adapter only to find out that the Clone L96's threading is the opposite way than the adapter made for the maruzen... This was a really easy fix though, all it took was about 5 minutes of dremeling off the threads of the adapter, then securing it on with some JB weld. Simple.
G3SD6
Old February 21st, 2008, 05:01   #51
SilentBullet

Newbie's FYI Research

Saw that similar model of the Mauser L96 at http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/mo...?model_id=1488 and it is said to be made by UTG.

To NDAS you should check out www.airsoftretreat.com/reviews/ for the JG Bar-10 and they also reviewed both UTG and AGM versions of the L96. With the teflon mod and shortening of the air brake for JG Bar-10, the reviewer got close to 500fps for a stock rifle.

Last edited by SilentBullet; March 3rd, 2008 at 20:47..
SilentBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 18:23   #52
darknightelf2

hey i would like to buy this gun from A&A airsoft, it is my first time on A&A and they dont show up prices of the guns , actually theres 5 in stock, and it said that for price information i got to email them, so thats exactly what ive done now im waiting for the answer but its been like 5 days, im not using outlook but hotmail, cuz it doesnt work on outlook6. Anyway i was wondering how it really work on A&A, i have my account but i cant put item in my cart is it normal? thanks.
darknightelf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 20:43   #53
SilentBullet

Hey DNE2, (stupid question but) did you check your email to activate your account first. Cause I also had the same problem of not seeing the prices and Mark of A&A answered was my account had previleges to see the prices; just sign-in first then all prices are shown to you. My problem was with IE6 which shifted all the items way down on the page when logged-on. If you still can't get the price for L96; it is $368 include GST but, not shipping which is another $30-40.

Last edited by SilentBullet; March 3rd, 2008 at 20:48..
Old March 3rd, 2008, 21:37   #54
darknightelf2

thanks but my account is really activated, i still have the email to activate my account. i can go in my account to change option or billing adress and checking my cart, but i still cant see prices or put item in my cart its kind of weird. Any idea?
darknightelf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 22:26   #55
SilentBullet

Sorry, I don't and yea it is kind of odd that you can't see the prices and add anything into your cart. I logged-on and added something into my cart, it was working fine so, your best option is to email Mark Anderson at A&A about your account, his response is usually in 24hours.

Last edited by SilentBullet; March 4th, 2008 at 01:03..
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:11   #56
[blackwater_hollow]

Hey!

Does anybody know if the Well L96 sold from BuyAirsoft.ca is the Version 1 or the Version 2?

Another question: Should I care if it is the Version 1 or Version 2?

Thanks Guys!
[blackwater_hollow] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:53   #57
SilentBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by [blackwater_hollow] View Post
Hey!
Does anybody know if the Well L96 sold from BuyAirsoft.ca is the Version 1 or the Version 2?
Another question: Should I care if it is the Version 1 or Version 2?
They're product info is old and pretty sure is version 1 but, this is a new shipment for them cause i got a notice of they're arrival. Since this a new shipment it might be version 2 so, best thing to do is email them.

The only major difference while surfing for info between 1(around 450fps) and 2(closer to 500fps) is in fps but, hopefully with stronger internals for version 2 cause of increase in fps.

UPDATE: www.Buyairsoft.ca has changed the profile and price of Well L96; now it's $301 and comes with a scope + 2 mags but, NO BIPOD.

Last edited by SilentBullet; April 15th, 2008 at 18:53..
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:03   #58
Revozak

I just want to share a photo of my Well L96 (Warrior 1)
Out of the box, this baby chronoed at 460fps with .25g bb. I already fired over 2,000 rounds in this rifle. I'll chrono this again to check its current fps.
The suppressor is a DIY, made out of several layers of PVC pipes and a small amount of sound absorbing material (foam)

Mine comes in black... I did a little paint job to give it a different look. I'm planning to give it a tune-up. After that, I'll be painting the whole receiver and scope mount with the same "grassland" pattern.

Revozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 14:57   #59
Long_Bong

Nice picture, 465 fps out of the box, that very fast!
Old May 21st, 2008, 13:06   #60
kalnaren

Question about this. Apparently the Maruzen one has something that indicates when you've loaded the last round from the magazine? Does this thing have that as well?

EDIT:

Ok, after some digging, it does appear that this gun has the empty mag indicator, but it's assembled wrong and needs some modifucking to get working.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; May 21st, 2008 at 13:24..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews