Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

a little help with an upgrade? please?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 12th, 2006, 23:26   #1
Fidget11

a little help with an upgrade? please?

not sure if it belongs in this section but im going to be putting a full metal upgrade on my tm sig p226, and i need a little help taking the sig apart. from the diagrams and all that have been posted and exist in the manuals. however i get to a point where i have taken all the screws and pieces off i can and it doesnt seem to be coming all apart, namely the slide lock doesnt appear to be coming out. as well the hammer assembly doesnt seem be be coming out.

can someone with more experience in gbb's (especially if you have a p226 yourself) post up a bit of info for me to help me with the process?

thanks

Primary: G36K
Secondary: FMU SIG P226
Fidget11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 01:57   #2
Fidget11

okay so i got the kit and i got it prettymuch all installed.... only thing is that parts 10 and 11 wont seem to go back in, no matter what i try that spring is just too soft and wont stay in place. although i have heard that it doesnt matter since the gun will work perfectly without them.

the other thing is that i need some suggestions on what to use to lube the slide/barrel because they are sitting very tight and i cant get the slide on because of it (well i could but i feel i would need alot of force to do that).

so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Primary: G36K
Secondary: FMU SIG P226
Fidget11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 03:59   #3
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

You have to file the slide rails down or you're going to cause damage and use waaaaaay more gas than you should.

Fitment should be done with NO internals installed

The slide has to be able to slide freely on the frame. Then install the blowback chamber and test the smoothness again. Then install the hammer assembly and test again. You're going to be taking parts in and out of the gun a lot as you get parts to fit. This is the most annoying part of GBB upgrades.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner