Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Turok's King Arm's Sight Question

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 1st, 2009, 17:29   #1
turok_t

Turok's King Arm's Sight Question

Anyone know the difference between the King Arms PRI Flip-Up Sight Type A and the Type B? The Type B looks to be slightly more expensive, but I cant seen the difference between them:

Type A: http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=355
Type B: http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=356

thanks for your help!
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 17:32   #2
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
The mounting system seems different. Must be for 2 different types of barrels perhaps.
Old July 1st, 2009, 17:36   #3
coach
aka coachster

look at the bottom of the barrel mount. type A has no slit so it's less adjustable according to your barrel diameter versus that of type B. It also looks like with type B, you'll have to modify your barrel with cross notches for the screws to fit. (give a sturdier fit and is less likely to rotate on you)

Take a look at your gun where the stock front sight is. If there are notches on the outer barrel, you can use type B.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 19:09   #4
turok_t

Oh man, i dont know which one to get. Im going to be getting a CA M15A4, but I dont have it yet, but I need to know before my dad goes to HK. Do you think its safer to get the Type A? or do you think i should get Type B?
Old July 1st, 2009, 19:20   #5
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Depends on your barrel.. Well if it's an M4 barrel, than the Type B is best, but there might be some modifications needed as the description says on the page of the link.

Also, Type B is more secured, if you got the grooves on your barrel, and it will be already alligned straight. Type A uses nuts to secure onto the barrel.

If you don't want to modify your barrel when Type B doesn't fit, buy the Type A.
Type B will fit if you modify your barrel and make the grooves yourself.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 00:27   #6
turok_t

Thanks for your reply Mr. Hitman. I was thinking about getting the Mad bull M4A1 14.5" outer barrel: http://www.madbullairsoft.com/Englis...ge.682x550.jpg

If you look at the link, are those the small grooves that you are referring to (the two small notches that are 35.5mm apart? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Depends on your barrel.. Well if it's an M4 barrel, than the Type B is best, but there might be some modifications needed as the description says on the page of the link.

Also, Type B is more secured, if you got the grooves on your barrel, and it will be already alligned straight. Type A uses nuts to secure onto the barrel.

If you don't want to modify your barrel when Type B doesn't fit, buy the Type A.
Type B will fit if you modify your barrel and make the grooves yourself.
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:06   #7
m102404
Tys

I'm 99% sure Type B will fit.

Type A should fit as well...and unless your barrel specs are way off (which they aren't with the Madbull barrels)...it should be snug and secure.

A lot of time the cross pins on sights like Type B don't do much at all. Even with tight pins, there's enough play (with airsoft barrels and sights) that the front sight can be knocked left or right. But with Type B style sights that use screws instead of pins, you can still snug it up tight.

With some sights, there's also a tiny set screw that you use to fix it in position.

best of luck,

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 09:59   #8
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
I'm 99% sure Type B will fit.

Type A should fit as well...and unless your barrel specs are way off (which they aren't with the Madbull barrels)...it should be snug and secure.

A lot of time the cross pins on sights like Type B don't do much at all. Even with tight pins, there's enough play (with airsoft barrels and sights) that the front sight can be knocked left or right. But with Type B style sights that use screws instead of pins, you can still snug it up tight.

With some sights, there's also a tiny set screw that you use to fix it in position.

best of luck,

Tys
both of the KA's posted use screws. it's just a matter of one needing the notches Type B where as Type A can be positioned anywhere on the barrel.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank