Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Underage airsoft and the new parts rules...

:

General

Old July 7th, 2008, 02:16   #16
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
I can name one hitman-esque member who definitely has taken advantage of the loophole.
Subtle...
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:19   #17
matt491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Subtle...
why, what ever are you talking about...? *innocent voice*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
matt491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:28   #18
Gunk
In his Trunk!

I'm not talking about anything. That would be rude.

I'm implying however...
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:32   #19
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
But why would you need to buy everything else but the receiver, if you're not supposed to have the gun anyways? Red dots, mags, sling loops mean jack without the gun, so what's the need for these things?

This discussion is moot. The admins made their decision. It's done.
Well, posession of an airsoft gun by a minor is NOT illegal. Only SALE to a minor is. If a parent wants to buy their kid a gun has every right to do so. Now, I personally say that the gun should be in the parent's custody at all times except when it's to be used, and then under parental supervision only, but not all parents feel that way. Hell, I had pellet guns when I was 13 or 14 and my parents couldn't give 2 shits about me having them as long as I didn't do anything stupid with them.

So kids can legitimately have airsoft guns. They just can't buy them themselves. And I agree that they should be allowed to buy all the necessary parts to build their own either.
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:33   #20
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
I can name one hitman-esque member who definitely has taken advantage of the loophole.
Yupp.

But he also got his MP5 from shootsoft.....

Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:33   #21
arman

i like the idea because i was scared to buy from a non verfied seller...clears that up. also if the non related airsoft sale thread is for verfied only why not the parts section...

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:49   #22
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by arman View Post
i like the idea because i was scared to buy from a non verfied seller...clears that up. also if the non related airsoft sale thread is for verfied only why not the parts section...
I'm wondering why the gear section isn't age verified only as well now.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:17   #23
matt491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
I'm wondering why the gear section isn't age verified only as well now.
+1 to that. It just makes me feel better knowing I'm buying from someone 18 or older. Simply a maturity thing. Lets me know I've got a much higher chance that I wont get ripped off and not have some 12 year old think he can just take my money and not ship me a product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
matt491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:22   #24
Gunk
In his Trunk!

You don't have to be 12 to ship a block of wood or a rock in place of the item you're expecting...

But with verified members, you know someone, somewhere, met this guy, and it'll be possible (and probably pretty easy) to track the scum bag down.

Last edited by Gunk; July 7th, 2008 at 03:25.. Reason: Why do 'time' and 'item' have to be so damn similar?
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:22   #25
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
+1 to that. It just makes me feel better knowing I'm buying from someone 18 or older. Simply a maturity thing. Lets me know I've got a much higher chance that I wont get ripped off and not have some 12 year old think he can just take my money and not ship me a product.
Add to that the fact that they could possibly also sell in the other sections (or all sections), giving them some trader feedback sooner/more often, which in turn gives you peace of mind to buy from someone.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:24   #26
arman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
You don't have to be 12 to ship a block of wood or a rock in place of the time you're expecting...

But with verified members, you know someone, somewhere, met this guy, and it'll be possible (and probably pretty easy) to track the scum bag down.
+1

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:08   #27
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
For the record, the only people who would have a problem with the parts section being restricted to age verified people only are the minors

My spidey sense is tingling, indicating that the restriction in question is both reasonable and effective.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:48   #28
Optimus88

It's simple logic my friends, you shouldn't need to buy parts unless you have the gun and you shouldn't have the gun unless you are over 18. Therefore only people over 18 need to see the parts section.
Optimus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 07:07   #29
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

Please read the FAQ on age verification. Parents have been turned down more often than not.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:36   #30
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
I support the decision. Non age-verified individuals were taking advantage of the loophole in the system and building AEGs from parts - closing the parts area to non verified personnel was a smart move.
+1

I'm very happy to see this happening. If you have someone legally resposible for you (underage players) who play the sport you will have no trouble getting what you need.

In the past two weeks I've taken my nephew to buy parts for "his" gun, He's happy and underage. I'm legally responsible (and his mom) for his actions and with the ASC support he KNOWS the beatings he would get comes from my team, not me if anything were to arise :P

He plays WITH me, no babysitting for other players to worry about.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General