Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My airsoft collection - so far

:

Airsoft Media

Old January 22nd, 2008, 18:01   #1
Crunchmeister

Talking My airsoft collection - so far

I've been a long time air gun collector. I started collecting them when I was 15 or so. (22 years ago). I always focused on air guns that were good replicas of real-world guns. I sold my collection about 10 years ago to cover college tuition fees, and I'd just started collecting them again in the summer of 2007. But these days, there aren't a whole lot of pellet guns that are true replicas. You can get a few pistols that are reasonable copies, but they're all lacking.

It was in the fall of 2007 that I discovered airsoft guns. Our local army surplus store occasionally carries some (usually "higher end" clearsoft), and I got my first AEG - a Double Eagle AK47.

Yeah, it's a clearsoft gun, but a little bit of flat black model paint, and the AK looked a lot better than with its clear receiver. I still have it, and after about 20 000 rounds of abuse (many long, sustained shoots in full auto, lot of dry firing, crappy .12g BBs from Cdn Tire and Wal Mart), it's still mechanically sound and shoots as well as my other good AEGs with great rate of fire. It's been retired since the stock broke off when it fell one day. I may buy a new body kit for it some day and rebuild it, but for now, it's dead. But that gun sparked my interest and made me realize that there WERE good guns out there that I wanted to add to my collection - particularly assault rifles and military weapons.

I eventually stumbled upon these forums in October or so and started doing some reading and research. Through the links, I found A&A and 007. But I still did the noob thing and tried to keep it cheap. I bought myself one of those Palco Firepower F4 (M4A1). I figured if my DE AK47 seemed to work well, this one should too. WRONG. It lasted all of 10 shots before it broke. I returned it to A&A, and decided (after more research on this forum) to get myself a Classic Army M15A4 rifle instead.

The rifle hasn't had any ugrades as of yet. The only addition was the Classic Army ELCAN replica. However, I do have some internal upgrade parts here waiting to be installed - a Systema polycarbonate piston and a Systema silent piston & cylinder head set. I have a metal bearing spring guide, a Systema airseal nozzle, and Prometheus MS110SP spring on the way. The only other upgrade planned for this thing is to eventually swap out the body for a C7 metal body, if I can ever find one. Otherwise, this gun has all the upgrades it will ever get.

At the same time I ordered the M15, I ordered myself a nice, all metal KJW M9 to go along with it. I've always had a thing for Beretta pistols. Out of all the real steel that I've fired over the years, the 92FS has always been the one that's impressed me most with it's awesome feel and great looks. I just had to have one.

The KJW M9 is easily my favorite pistol out of my collection. It's heavyweight, has awesome recoil, and it dead accurate. Since buying it, I've upgraded it with some Hogue rubber grips (a VERY worthy upgrade), and a King Arms 150% recoil spring. I also have a tighbore barrel sitting here waiting to be installed.

I signed up for the forum and got myself age-verified, and started browsing through the classifieds, seeing the plethora of awesome guns for sale. And I got the AEG that I really wanted - a TM M4A1 carbine (thanks aZn_triXta07).

This gun has been through several upgrades since its purchase. The spur gear blew out about 10 000 rounds after I got it, so I replaced all the gears with a Modify modular torque-up gear set and installed a Prometheus MS110SP spring. I also installed a C8 metal body (thanks, Huang), painted the furniture OD, and installed a TN tighbore barrel. I'll be replacing the CA ELCAN replica with an EOTech 552 replica (thanks once again to Huang) as soon as it arrives and keeping the ELCAN for the M15 / C7.

But one day, scanning the classifies, I came across another gorgeous Beretta that I couldn't resist - a Western Arms Beretta 92FS Inox Perfect Version with white grips (thanks, Koopa). From that I could find out, it's a fairly rare gun, so I was quite happy to get it. Cosmetically speaking, it's the jewel of my collection. It's indeed a 'perfect version'. I'm most impressed with its accuracy and aesthetics. It may be ABS, but looks like steel. It even feels cold to the touch. Really, only its weight gives it away as being ABS instead of steel.

The next purchase was once again from the classified section, and took the form of a KSC Glock 17 (big thanks to HELLFIRE989). This is one impressive little piece. I've since upgraded it with a G&P metal slide and outer barrel, metal spring guide and stiffer recoil spring, and a Madbull tightbore barrel.

And finally, I have the last purchase I've made (once again from HELLFIRE989) - a Tokyo Marui Sig P226 that I just received today.

I have to say I'm most impressed with the performance of this pistol, although I wasn't at first. Honestly, I don't know how people get away with using HFC134a gas in these things. I fired off 2 magazines using 134a, and was most disappointed in not only the performance, but the accuracy. Both were poo. Yeah, the velocity was fine for a pistol (about the same as my WA 92FS), but it sounded weak and felt weak. However, the accuracy was most appalling. At 20 feet, I can leave groupings of less than 2" with all my pistols. Shots seemed to be all over the place with this gun.

So I drained the mag, and charged it up with propane instead of duster. All I can say is HOLY SHIT! This thing ROCKS. Its power is impressive. It's not as powerful as my KJW M9, but damn close. But its accuracy is what impressed me the most. This has just taken top spot as my most accurate airsoft pistol. Before, my WA held that position, followed closely by my KJ M9. No longer. This one is the new king when it comes to accuracy.

Since I just got it, I haven't had time to do anything to it yet. However, I do have upgrades planned. I already have a Nineball airseal chamber waiting to be installed. I have a metal slide and outer barrel set ordered and should be here within a week. I'll also be getting a tightbore barrel and eventually some high flow valves to increase performance.

So that's it for now. But - I do have more on the way. Within the next couple of weeks or so, I'll be receiving a JG HK416 (thanks, chaseyue). That was a bit of an impulse buy, but a very, very cool-looking gun that will be a nice addition to my humble little armory.

But - the crown jewel of my entire collection will be the Real Sword Type 56 rifle that I should be receiving in the next 10 days or so. Once again, HELLFIRE989 has come though and gotten me one of these fine, fine guns. I should be one of the first people in Canada to actually get my hands on one of these things (if not the first), and I can't wait to get it. I will be posting a review and pics of it as soon as I receive it.

So yeah, that's it for now. Just though I'd share my collection with some other fine gun nuts such as yourselves.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 18:43   #2
Motaal

Nice man, Great Collection.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 18:48   #3
KNIVEZS

nice collection
KNIVEZS is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media