:

General

Closed Thread

Old May 30th, 2005, 18:29   #31
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

[QUOTE=sniperbay]can you buy just vitamin e? like specific pills... \

QUOTE]

Yes, they come in bigass pills (transparent pills made of gel....)
Go to any hippy natural medecin shop, you will find them.

There is also a plant, I don't know the name, wich repulse the moskito. They are everywhere in most forest. Rub it on you and attach some to your webbing or vest. Work pretty well, and add some camo.

Who said scouts where gay and useless? :wink:

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
Old May 30th, 2005, 18:36   #32
03lourob

Send a message via MSN to 03lourob
Ya there are leaves from some tree that if you rub it on you they woulnt go near you its an old native trick. the tree is quite common almost always no problem to find.
Old May 30th, 2005, 18:40   #33
Aper
E-30

Solution; Cuban cigars

Yes it will cost you an arm and an eye, but not 1 singl;e mosquito will come around your 500m smoke screen :lol:

I'm lucky not to be attrative to mosquitos, but for personnal protection, Muskol is quite a good and cheap solution.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Old May 30th, 2005, 18:51   #34
Tankdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
DEET and airsoft gun's ABS plastic and rubber dont mix. Same for goggle's plastic. DEET melts it all or severely destroys the finish.
Keep that in mind with your choices.
I had a hardhat for doing PSP and I put Muskall on it. It is like putting PCV solvent on plastic.
Old May 30th, 2005, 19:19   #35
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aper
Solution; Cuban cigars

Yes it will cost you an arm and an eye, but not 1 singl;e mosquito will come around your 500m smoke screen :lol:

I'm lucky not to be attrative to mosquitos, but for personnal protection, Muskol is quite a good and cheap solution.
what do you prefer: moskito stings, or BB stings?

with that cigar smell, everyone will know where you are, where you'v been and where you are planning to go :lol:

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
Old May 30th, 2005, 19:47   #36
ert

Mosquitoe bites don't bother me. I don't feel them bite either. They land and do their sucking thing and leave and I don't get red and itchy like other people. The thing that annoys me about mosquitoes though is how they swarm around your ears and face at the most in-opportune times...

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
Old May 30th, 2005, 20:12   #37
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

In Newfoundland they were selling record amounts of a skin lotion and bath oil called Skin So Soft. Turns out people swore by it for reppeling skeeters.

Skin So Soft makes you smell very pretty and gives you nice soft skin with no deet, no citronella in it at all.

I have tried it and it does work better than any deet product I've used.

I think the company started marketing the stuff with a new label saying "soft skin no bugs" type of thing.
Old May 30th, 2005, 20:34   #38
BruiseLeee

Here's an article from a reputable source.

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/70/80948.htm
Old May 30th, 2005, 21:04   #39
pokey

Send a message via MSN to pokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111

There is also a plant, I don't know the name, wich repulse the moskito. They are everywhere in most forest. Rub it on you and attach some to your webbing or vest. Work pretty well, and add some camo.
PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU kNOW WHAT YOU LOOKING FOR!!! HAHAH!

I can just see a thread title in a few weeks. "I rubbed poison ivy all over myself thinking it was bug repellant" :lol:
Old May 30th, 2005, 21:23   #40
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruiseLeee
Here's an article from a reputable source.

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/70/80948.htm

Well according to that me and a bunch of Newphies are wrong but I swear it worked for me.

(tho I may be one of the lucky ones and they don't like the taste of me)
Old May 30th, 2005, 22:18   #41
Drake
E-01

About DEET melting plastic, I did some tests/posted them on ASC a few years back, using old/broken M16 receivers and stuff.

In sum, what i found was you dont want to ever spray DEET directly onto plastic. Once the DEET is applied and has dried off, its pretty safe around plastic, even if you sweat. Considering 100% DEET is good for ~8 hrs+, its not that hard to apply and wait 15 minutes.
Old May 31st, 2005, 00:25   #42
Korneil

Send a message via MSN to Korneil
Ok, here is what I know, heard and experienced with mosquitoes.
1- Eating bananas attract mosquitoes due to the potassium in it.
2- I think that eating garlic helps, only helps, avoid mosquitoes.
3- Women are more attacked by mosquitoes because of the homones they produce, progesterone and oestrogen. As the mosquitoes that bite are females and need one of the two hormone to be able to lay eggs.(don't remenber which one tho)
4- Using fern is a good quick way when in urgent need to repell mosquitoes. Juste scrub all exposed parts of your body, there are no real threat about using the wrong plant unless you can't differenciate(sp?) fern from Poison Ivy. :lol:
5- Not washing your self is a myth. It does not repell mosquitoes, only people around you. You might wash your self while not using soap and shampoo as those are perfumed, and perfumes attracts mosquitoes

Note: I am not a scientist or an MD, so some information given above might be erronous. Don't take all this for granted. But I'm quite confidente on what I wrote.

Here is an advice.
Wear long sleeves clothing and try to close all openings that lead to skin. Basically, only hands and head should be exposed. and do not forget to close your pant legs around your ankles as mosquitoes will go up the pants and sting.

And for those who wish to buy Tiger balm, I've seen quite a lot on the shelves of kicking stores, and probably Walmart has it, somewhere.

This is what I had to say...

Old May 31st, 2005, 20:59   #43
pizzainthemorning

Send a message via MSN to pizzainthemorning
The bugs can get insane out in my neck of the woods so we load on the off (yes... a pun). As temporary camo my friend put camo duct tape on his m16. By the end of the day the paint on the tape near his foregrip and stock had melted away (note : this was just rub off, no actual Off was sprayed onto the gun). My brother's USP spring also got a few tiny stray drops of deet on it, and no, it didn't eat the gun, but it definitely left marks.

You know you're using lots of deet when any exposed flesh starts to burn. Take that.... god damn bugs....

Alex
Old May 31st, 2005, 23:33   #44
Penguin
Propaganda Minister
R.I.P. ???? - 2012

Send a message via ICQ to Penguin
BUGSPRAY MELTS JT GOGGLES.

I speak from personal experience.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 16:45   #45
Tripcee

for those in manitoba i suggest a product called watkins cream, a lotion that works very well( i was a landscaper here and trust me it works the best) i dont know if its sold elsewhere in canada (i cant see why not?) but coming from the mosquito capitol of canada id say go with watkins lotion.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General