Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MP5 8.4V 3300mah

:

General

Old June 26th, 2006, 13:40   #1
DWALT4

MP5 8.4V 3300mah

I was wondering, EVEN THOUGH you are SUPPOSED to use the 8.4V 3300mah batt in the Mp5 can I outfit it with a 7.4v batt or does it have to be that specific type.
DWALT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 13:55   #2
chrono88

Send a message via MSN to chrono88
im pretty sure you can't get 7.4v only 7.2v but you "can" with a stock (TM mp5 i assume) mp5 i believe, but trust me its better to have 8.4v to power the gun better. I'm not completely pro with batteries so someone else might have some more info.

But read the FAQ they talk about batteries in there. But overall why not just get 8.4v and remove the doubt?
Old June 26th, 2006, 14:07   #3
PoFF

You can use pretty much ANY battery that will fit the stock... BUT... if the gun is designed for a 8.4V battery :

- A slightly lower voltage battery (such as 7.2V) will reduce the rate of fire of the gun and may not run high power springs
- A much lower voltage (lower than 7.2V) will not give enough power to the motor to run the gun
- A slightly higher voltage (9.6V) battery will make the motor run faster, increasing the rate of fire and allow higher springs to be cycles. Motor life will be slightly reduced.
- A much higher voltage battery (10.8V, 12V and +), your gun will run incredibly fast, you'll probably strip your gears and/or piston and burn out your motor (and I talk by experience, an AEG set up with High-Speed internals and powered by a 12V Motorcycle battery is fun, but it doesn't last long...)

The MAH number is the capacity of the battery, higher is the number, longer the battery will last. Higher mAh will also provide a more 'stable' voltage under load.

The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down
Visitez Arme ?* Feu.com - Le site des amateurs d'armes ?* feu francophones
PoFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 14:09   #4
DWALT4

Thanks alot for that i was kinda lost. So i can use a higher voltage but I run the risk of burning out the motor?
DWALT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 14:23   #5
chrono88

Send a message via MSN to chrono88
just go with 8.4v for stock guns and if you upgrade the internals nicely it usually will make the gun run better if you have a 9.6v, ive used both types of batteries and i find 8.4v just fine, so stick with that until you do some serious upgrading.
Old June 26th, 2006, 14:24   #6
Amgoosen

If you dont understand the effect of different voltages will have then just use an 8.4, its that simple.
Amgoosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 15:00   #7
Tankdude

7.2 volt 3600mah battery packs work fine in stock guns. I know because I use them. ROF is the same.

You need the amps thou when using 7.2 volts, so use 3000mah or higher.
7.2 are easy to find at rc stores.
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 17:28   #8
Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdude
7.2 volt 3600mah battery packs work fine in stock guns. I know because I use them. ROF is the same.

You need the amps thou when using 7.2 volts, so use 3000mah or higher.
7.2 are easy to find at rc stores.
Yep, I use a 3000 mAh 7.2V in my M249 with a 400 fps spring. Gets around 800 RPM.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 19:23   #9
Droc
origional TM AEGs were designed for the 7.2v and you could upgrade to the "HYPER COMMAND" urber fast 8.4v
Old June 27th, 2006, 06:30   #10
Greylocks

Accessories or Upgrades discussion... one of many posts I see in General this morning that has no need to be here.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General