Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New guy here

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 29th, 2012, 17:45   #16
Krimble

I don't know if you can reply, but is this a good gun?
http://torontoairsoft.com/product.php?id_product=1325 Thanks kalnaren
Krimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 18:03   #17
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

G&P are very good but at this moment are very expensive for what you are getting. Keep in mind you still will need battery and charger. And that mag is 120 round, so you'll probably want more mags. Then for best performance/looks I advise MAGPUL PTS P-MAGS
which are 30ish each. Also green label mags are no where near as good as the PTS ones
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 18:15   #18
Krimble

Thanks Cobalt, maybe I should lower the spent money on the gun and use a little more on an extra battery, mags, optics and Lights. Maybe 350-400 on the gun and 250-200 on the rest, but there is nothing stopping me form eventually passing the 600 mark, I just wouldn't want to buy all at the same time.
Old March 29th, 2012, 18:54   #19
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

But those mags are really just with that gun. Take a look at King Arms M4's they are the most recommend M4 right now. And at current prices are a great value, plus you can use normal STANAG mags in which even High Quality mags are cheaper than the PTS ones. Everyone seems to think that having magpul mags makes you tactical elite. Personally I run PTS in my ACR but in something like a normal M4 or HK416 nothing beats STANAG.

Last edited by Curo; March 29th, 2012 at 18:57..
Old March 30th, 2012, 13:33   #20
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
I have to agree with the many that recommend against a bolt action rifle as your first gun especially with your budget. To get a good bolt action thats worth upgrading will consume most of your budget. Then you'll need to pour at least another $600 into it to give you a "short" range advantage over the AEG toting high-cap tickling mobs that you'll be up against. A range advantage that can be nullified by even the fattest oldest guy out there very quickly. Quite frankly I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would voluntarily chose to use a BA rifle as their primary in airsoft . "Sniping" in airsoft isn't what you think it's going to be. Get an AEG which out of the box will have similar or better range. You can still play a sniper type role but won't be handicapped.

My advice to you would be to make a DMR setup. Buy an M16A3, get a TB barrel, a good hop rubber slap a scope and bi-pod on it and you're good to go. I understand King Arms makes the best bang for your buck AR out there. A bit pricier KWA makes a nice one too. Just stay away from G&P.. over priced and over rated IMO, but they sure do look pretty.

Edit** We can't tell you where to buy airsoft because you're under 18, it's against forum rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimble View Post
I don't know if you can reply, but is this a good gun?
http://torontoairsoft.com/product.php?id_product=1325 Thanks kalnaren
Wait what... seems to me that gun couldn't be further from what you seem to want. First you want a BA sniper rifle and now you want a Magpulized CQB M4. Man I just don't get kids these days.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 17:41   #21
kalnaren

This seems more like what you're looking for:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3436

(Is available in Canada, don't import from US, blah blah)

Don't know about A&K's quality.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; March 30th, 2012 at 17:53..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 17:45   #22
ap27

Guys, lets not post links to retailers in the non-AV section.

Last edited by ap27; March 30th, 2012 at 17:53..
ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 18:36   #23
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Lol an American retailer is not a secret guys. Not sure why that link is 18+ only
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 19:21   #24
kalnaren

I originally had a link to VA in there. Not like they're a big secret either.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old March 30th, 2012, 22:02   #25
Krimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Wait what... seems to me that gun couldn't be further from what you seem to want. First you want a BA sniper rifle and now you want a Magpulized CQB M4. Man I just don't get kids these days.
Well, I'm sorry, but I didn't really know CQB was changing that much, I'm new to all of this so sorry if I might be confusing you.
Old March 30th, 2012, 23:39   #26
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimble View Post
Well, I'm sorry, but I didn't really know CQB was changing that much, I'm new to all of this so sorry if I might be confusing you.
"CQB" means a close-quarters gun, usually a carbine or SMG -the exact opposite of a sniper rifle or DMR. Hence our confusion.

Quote:
Old March 30th, 2012, 23:55   #27
Krimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
"CQB" means a close-quarters gun, usually a carbine or SMG -the exact opposite of a sniper rifle or DMR. Hence our confusion.
Yeah, I did not know internals and parts would change, thought it was just a different look. I now understand, so it's all good
So, basically I should get a Assault riffle and put a suppressor, scope, bi-pod, and other sniper goodies? Or just use it as a regular AEG?

Last edited by Krimble; March 30th, 2012 at 23:57..
Old March 31st, 2012, 00:01   #28
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Concentrate on the rifle itself before adding goodies.
Old March 31st, 2012, 00:18   #29
Krimble

Ok, Is it possible for my dad to buy me a gun on Toronto Airsoft? Sorry if you can't answer, it's all good. I know how you guys feel about being young and not being responsible, but I'm 17 years old, and hopefully you can tell in my posts that I am mature. I just want to know, do you guys recommend buying a gun now and upgrading it over time until I get 18?
This may sound stupid, but I don't want to get uninterested in airsoft. I have a feeling that If I have money I will buy something else on impulse. Sorry if this is too much.
Old March 31st, 2012, 00:21   #30
JonsM4

Before you go buy a gun, do some research first.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank