Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Custom M16 A2 Box Mag. ~1652K (SAW update)

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 21st, 2005, 23:08   #31
Daes

Hey Ernest, that is some mighty fine looking plexyglass. Does it come pre-colored black? I have only found crappy transparent stuff that looks much weaker than what you are working with. How much does that stuff cost a square foot and where do you get it? How does it stand up to cracking, can you take a piece that has been scratched and bend it without it breaking?
Daes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 23:07   #32
hummermaniac88

Send a message via MSN to hummermaniac88
It says in the back that theses are acrylic plexy glass. I honestly do not know how much the peice is, its the peices from the table tops of my dads restaurant, he changed it and has a dozen of these laying around. Its actually "transparent black" I still have the protective tape in back of it. Sure you could bent these, all it take is alot of patients(so you wont break it) and slowly heating it, torche is a good heat source just don't put it too close or it'll bubble up. When I cut it I make sure nothing is hanging loses while its being cut, so it cannot crack.
Canadian Retailers: Button at far top of the screen. If they are not listed, DONT buy from them.
Teams and people to meet: Team section, go see and contact folks.
Search button: Learn to love it.
If your profile is empty, we cant direct you to help.
If you're under 18, wait.
hummermaniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:17   #33
Daes

***Updated first page with SAW conversion images***

Well, the box magazine has been performing quite well. I have ran into the occasional jam with crappy BB's, but shaking the box solves the jam.

The only other problem was with the batteries. I have had battery corrosion which was solved by wiping them off. Same batteries since I started.

Other than that, the box serves very well for cover fire and completly eating through brush cover. Lesson, hiding behind plants is unrealistic and now, ineffective.

-Daes-
Old October 11th, 2005, 14:50   #34
Daes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummermaniac88
I finally got home and shaped my first peice out of plexy glass, and the results are better than I thought... It was hard to cut at first with the hand saw, but once I got a rectangular shape out of it, I quickly cut the corners with other power tools(I don't know the names but I know how to use it :wink: ) Then finally smooth all edges out by fine sanding it with the sanding machine(I know the sanding machine!). Here are the pictures:

Long time no hear. Pictures are not working. Show me, show me, show me... The plexiglass should be awesome.

-Daes-
Old June 15th, 2006, 20:04   #35
Daes

Well, it has been ten months and the box magazine is still chugging along. Things are beginning to loosen around the mag attachment but it still works like a charm. Though low-caps are preferable, this box is still quieter than a high-cap and provides many hours of SAW amusement. A smaller, dual mag box was also made but it did not function as well. I am going to try to make a full aluminum box, smaller, and more space efficient. Perhaps with a different feeding mechanism too.

-Daes-

Old October 10th, 2006, 18:40   #36
Daes

***Updated***

Fix the photo links since ASC changed their galleries.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications