Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Age Verifier Issue

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 27th, 2011, 15:23   #16
vettes

I have also contacted 2 verifiers local to me and not one has replied? Anyone in GTA? Im in Keswick Ont.
vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 16:25   #17
MMatersk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettes View Post
I have also contacted 2 verifiers local to me and not one has replied? Anyone in GTA? Im in Keswick Ont.
Army Issue in Mississauga....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bad-K...8&ref=bookmark
MMatersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 16:35   #18
Ryan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge127 View Post
Im Currently looking for an Age Verifier In Manitoba In the city of Winnipeg... Any Age Verfiers in the Area?
I tried to do this last time but we never met, just phoned...
We have 3 active people in Manitoba that can verify, I am actually meeting up with one on Tuesday. A Simple search on the sight would have gotten you the same amount of information...
Ryan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 23:34   #19
Trevatd

Guys, no offense, but please make your own topics about AV, I want this thread to stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
No, this is basically bullshit. I refuse to believe that the only option is "up shit creek."

Sadly, I won't be going home this year for Christmas (I'm from Sault Ste. Marie) so I won't be able to do it, but there HAS to be someone in that region that is trustworthy enough to get as a verifier.

Thunder Bay is NOT an option. That drive is 600km+ away from Goulais. I wouldn't ask anyone to do it.

I'm sure something can be worked out with a player local to SSM.

Like I said, I'll jump through hoops- I'd love to contact the head of ASC if possible. Who could I contact for this? Like I said, we've got a fairly large community of mature players in the 18-30 range and none of us are age verified- due to the fact that there isn't anybody local.

Well, Sault Ste Marie to Thunder Bay is shitty- the roads are narrow and the highway is 2 lane and slow. 80 and under, usually. You travel through a lot of small towns and it's also snowing rather heavily at this point. It takes just about as long to get to Thunder Bay as it does Ottawa (9-13 hours, depending on traffic, weather, stops and such), so I think it's sort of out of the question.

This is the main reason why none of the people in our locale use this site. Doing a quick check on our private facebook group, I notice 73 players. Of those, probably 20-30 are active and attend at least 1 game a month. We play bi-monthly.

Last edited by Trevatd; November 27th, 2011 at 23:45..
Trevatd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 00:13   #20
Danke

30 guys chip in gas money and bus one of the verifiers from the surrounding area in for a game day.
Old November 28th, 2011, 00:17   #21
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

The owners are a reclusive bunch nowadays, as far as admins Drake is aware of the situation and is IMHO the most active staff member around.

Pretty sure there are known players in Sudbury, Wilson comes to mind, though he seems to have moved in the States.

Talk to Drake about nominating a trusted local player, find candidates in your region.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 00:38   #22
gunscythe

I waited 2 years and drove 1600km's to meet my verifier. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...
Old November 28th, 2011, 06:11   #23
Trevatd

If we could get a sudbury guy, I'd drive to sudbury. That's not that awful of a drive. Maybe we could get them to come here.

I'd highly doubt any AVers would come to Sault Ste. Marie (from Thunder Bay or farther), even with the offer of free gas and lodging.
Old November 28th, 2011, 06:33   #24
toadhound

Summer maybe but winter no. But if any of your crew ever make it up to T-Bay I will get you AV'd. I don't know if it would be possible but if so I could AV one of your long time members and do a sort of interview for making them an age verifier and submit my opinion to the mods.
toadhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 12:37   #25
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
Hate so sound rude here but buck up.

You're saying your willing to jump threw hoops to get AV'd. Then right after you start making excuses as to why you wont make the long drive. Yes I get it, the roads suck, the distance is terrible.

Personally I wouldn't even meet you half way due to my own experiences with people screwing me over after a 700k drive then showing up with a face ID or bailing completely.

That being said the system is non negotiable. I highly doubt the staff will accept video of ID any time soon for many reasons. I see it very simple. If your not willing to come out to get AV at a distance like that then your probably never going to make it out to large games that require travel. Very few of the people that are not willing to do some have lasted more then a year that Ive seen.

So basically, deal with the issue like a man and make the drive or continue to plan on what you called private lands outside of city limits and limit yourself.

Your call.
Old November 28th, 2011, 12:53   #26
Trevatd

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadhound View Post
Summer maybe but winter no. But if any of your crew ever make it up to T-Bay I will get you AV'd. I don't know if it would be possible but if so I could AV one of your long time members and do a sort of interview for making them an age verifier and submit my opinion to the mods.

That would be ideal. Perhaps someone from Sudbury can be elected as a age verifier, as I know there is a fairly large number of players from there.

I plan on remaining active on the ASC forums from now on so I will be around.

I also could meet you halfway? Uh... Marathon?

Last edited by Trevatd; November 28th, 2011 at 13:19..
Old November 28th, 2011, 17:51   #27
dick_landy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan92 View Post
We have 3 active people in Manitoba that can verify, I am actually meeting up with one on Tuesday. A Simple search on the sight would have gotten you the same amount of information...
Me too lol
dick_landy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 18:10   #28
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevatd View Post
I'd highly doubt any AVers would come to Sault Ste. Marie (from Thunder Bay or farther), even with the offer of free gas and lodging.
I'm in the same boat as Toadhound. I might be willing to do that but I wouldn't want to drive 14 hours in one day and it's a bit late in the season to be camping or sleeping in the back of my truck, specially up North.
Old November 28th, 2011, 19:03   #29
thpethalK
ksuechuc

If you can wait until around March, you could come down to TAC and get AVed while purchasing some goodies, there will be at least one AVer there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
thpethalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 23:05   #30
Rob101

Dose anyone know of an age verifier that go's to Sudbury Ont?
I would be willing to drive to Northbay if need be.

Last edited by Rob101; December 23rd, 2011 at 23:08..
Rob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank