Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What Should She Look Like..?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 4th, 2008, 12:45   #1
CharlieNovember

Cool What Should She Look Like..?

I'm bored of lame old Krylon Camo Black for the TM VSR-10, but I don't want a crazy camo paintjob, as I don't need it, as I can't airsoft with a group, as I'm underage, as.. That sucks. Anyways, anybody know of any good looking ideas for painting the stock? Taking all ideas and flames you can muster.

( Might be kind of a noob question, but it's for real. My mind's gone blank on this one. PLX HELPZ <3 )

CharlieNovember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 13:11   #2
CharlieNovember

I think I'm going to go with either tan with brown for a desert look, or a brown with black for .. some other kind of look.

Old October 4th, 2008, 13:14   #3
Muffin

Paint what you want kid, how about a hunter orange?
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 13:19   #4
L473ncy

How underage are you exactly because if you're 16+ and your parents want to play with you you might be able to get in on a game.

The guys I play with, and don't quote me on this, have an 18+ rule with the exception of, if you're 16+ your parent has to be present and play.

I know for some of the fields in Vancouver you have to be 16+ with parent present, signed form ON DAY OF, and I think they have to stay (they can't just go to the mall after dropping you off or whatever).

I personally like a super glossy black for showpieces, but if actually using it I'd go with a matte black, tan, olive, or white with flecks of grey and black ("arctic" camo).

OR you could paint it pink and white like the hello kitty M4.
Old October 4th, 2008, 13:31   #5
Disco_Dante

If you're bored of the way your gun looks, why don't you spend some time making a rifle ghillie. It will both take up lots of your time, and alter the look of your rifle suitably.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 14:05   #6
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
do you have an account on airsoft kelowna? also what part of "The Sunny Okanagan." are you in?
Sergeant Gerry Boyle: I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So, unless it's a photo of a really ugly baby, I don't want to see it.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 19:54   #7
CharlieNovember

Well, I went to Canadian Tire, bought some textured paint, and then bought some Krylon Ultra Flat Tan.

I don't really want to mess this up this time. I want something I'm going to like for a while. What else should I do to this? I think I'm gonna buy some Krylon U.F. Brown and do like vertical stripes, but, I don't really know what else I should do to it.
Anybody have any other ideas for a desert scheme on accessories, (besides a bipod, just didn't want to put it on for the pictures) parts I could paint, things like that?

Old October 4th, 2008, 20:13   #8
Muffin

Your camo scheme should reflect your surrounding enviorment. Paint it according to the enviorment you'll be gaming in.
I personally painted my VSR like this:
http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=67134
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 21:07   #9
Beazer

Paint everything in tan including the barrel and scope...then scrape some paint or sand off the moving services and contact points.
Make it look like it came from the sandbox, with scratches.
Beazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 23:07   #10
CharlieNovember

Great ideas. Beazer, I like the whole war-torn look to the guns. I was trying it out with by painting the mags and scratching them up with sandpaper, making them look like they been to Afghanistan and back a few times. The only problem is that I put on a textured coat beneath the ultra-flat tan, so sanding it would be devastating to the texture, which I love. I love the shit they put on their guns in Afghanistan/Iraq. Great schemes. I just don't really know what I could pick up for the VSR-10 that could make it suit that kind of rifle, if you know what I mean? Muffin, your camo is really sick. Great job on that. What sorts of paints are those? Is that just the Krylon Camo series, or what? Because if so, I doubt I can pull something like that off. My local stores only have one can of OD, two cans of Tan, and 4 cans of Brown. And that's in my whole fuckin' city.

Last edited by CharlieNovember; October 4th, 2008 at 23:15..
Old October 4th, 2008, 23:21   #11
Ktown Militia

where in the okanagan are you from? btw not a bad job on your VSR.
Old October 5th, 2008, 02:00   #12
CharlieNovember

I'm from Penticton, man. It's not too far, it's about 45 minutes away. I'm sure you've been there (unfortunately) if you live in the OK.

It's not bad there, but it looks great now that I've done a little more to it tonight. Check 'er.

Still taking every idea on an Afghanistan Tour-like weapon. Like, anything you've seen in pictures of desert themed guns, and anything on an any sort of long range rifle, including M14's.

Old October 5th, 2008, 02:21   #13
Ktown Militia

have you played at the penticton field yet? are you 16+?
Old October 5th, 2008, 02:24   #14
CharlieNovember

I turned 16 in August, but no I haven't yet. Where is it again?

Old October 5th, 2008, 02:28   #15
Ktown Militia

register on our forums at airsoftkelowna.com. there is a great buch of guys that play in penticton and have a sick field. we also have a great club here in kelowna, and we both usually have gamedays on sundays. Seeing how you are 16, you will need parental permission to play. We have a couple 16 year olds that play, and I enjoy playing with them. They show maturity, and responsiblity on the field which is number one with playing with us. Anyways log on and hope to see you out there one day man! Put that VSR to use!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications