Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

PTW Cylinder Nozzle

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 24th, 2011, 07:01   #1
Daes

PTW Cylinder Nozzle

I have finally busted 2 of my 4 PTW cylinders and need to replace some unhappy nozzles.

Redwolf, as usual has the goods: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...le&mode=simple

Mind you, I want to grab in-country (have a list of other goodies to grab) but after a 2 hour search, I am coming up dry.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone knows of any Canadian retailers that have these 2 pieces in-stock or an alternative to the weak point screw together nozzle? I have been out of the loop for some time.

I had stumbled across an article of filing the nozzle down slightly shorter for better fit, is this valid?

Also, I am amazed at how many airsoft stores there are in Canada now, I hit over a dozen in the search, times have certainly changed.

Daes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 13:11   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

www.doubletaptactical.ca

It's an online retailer based out of Calgary. Chris the guy who runs it is awesome to deal with. He may or may not have those particular parts in stock, but he should be able to get them for you. Most of his prices are competitive with Asia. Except on the regular Canadian marked up stuff, which can't be helped. you have to contact him via email on the website.

When I rebuilt my cylinder I ordered a full rebuild kit, that came with all the o-rings and bushings. Along with some systems cylinder grease. What a difference that made.

I hope this helps

Also try www.airsoftparts.ca. But they seem to carry less and less for the PTW.

Redwolf express shipping usually takes 3/6 business days. "not bad!". But I still suggest Chris at double tap.

Last edited by Ricochet; September 24th, 2011 at 13:19..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 21:10   #3
Daes

Thanks for the info, good to get some more information on a store.

Yep, I have 1.5 containers of that cylinder grease left and 2 rebuild kits, just the nozzles are toast. Broke along the thin screw together joint. I was expecting the plastic to go before the metal It is a shame they can't do a solid piece due to having to fit it through the cap.

Old September 25th, 2011, 01:30   #4
Kimbo
formerly pivot

+1 for Doubletaptactical.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 11:19   #5
mcguyver

Don't use Silica BBs in a PTW. They don't feed well in the mag and this will lead to a double feed. Instead of chopping a normal BB, the silica BBs will break the nozzle and deform the chamber. I see no other reason why you broke two nozzles, if that is what has happened here.

I might have 1 spare head assembly, but it will be used and need the bumper, which I have no spares for. They usually come in the cylinder rebuild kits anyways.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 13:07   #6
Daes

You are correct McGuyver, both breaks were from using odd BB's (BioBB was the quickest to jam and break). Still having trouble finding ones that work perfectly. I have been using the Madbull precision with adequate results for years now, but they are a pain to order in.

The cylinder kits that I picked up were just the o-rings and seal. If you can point me towards a complete re-build kit I would greatly appreciate it, I have never seen one. I have seen the head assemblies, nozzles on their own, but a rebuild with the screws and other goodies would be awesome.

Old September 25th, 2011, 13:28   #7
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

We have about ten PTW's on our field, and we all use BB bastards. Bio or standard, we've had no problems. If your having a feeding issue Systema mags are notorious for getting dirt in them. You may just need to clean them out. As for a full rebuild kit, you may as well just buy a new cylinder after the cost and shipping. O-ring, bushings kits are available from empire airsoft. Or you can find any single one piece. If you go that route don't forget to lock tight the screw that joins the cylinder head to the piston.
Old September 25th, 2011, 18:52   #8
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daes View Post
You are correct McGuyver, both breaks were from using odd BB's (BioBB was the quickest to jam and break). Still having trouble finding ones that work perfectly. I have been using the Madbull precision with adequate results for years now, but they are a pain to order in.

The cylinder kits that I picked up were just the o-rings and seal. If you can point me towards a complete re-build kit I would greatly appreciate it, I have never seen one. I have seen the head assemblies, nozzles on their own, but a rebuild with the screws and other goodies would be awesome.
There are no kits that I am aware of. I would just order a complete head assembly. The break in this area has a nasty habit of damaging the chamber as well, it my be prudent to fork out the $21.50 for a new chamber.

If you are passing through GP anytime soon, bring it on over. I have a used but functional chamber and a used head assembly that needs a bumper. I'll trade you for some parts and install it for you.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 20:43   #9
Death March

The only two brands of BB's I'v used with NO issues are Airsoft ellite and BB Bastard's for the past 4 years.
Old September 26th, 2011, 22:41   #10
Daes

Thank you guys very much for the info, I now know how I need to proceed.

I will also take a good look at BB Bastard, it is amazing how much that line has expanded! Holy crap that is a ton of weight & material selection!

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner