Pick whatever you like more.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 00:25   #3
Cheesevillage

Tm m14 imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 00:29   #4
GZA

...hmm wheres the usually seen 'automatic noob message' in this thread?

Sir, get age-verified and read the FAQ's to help better round your decision. Getting Age-verified will allow you to see the classifieds section of the forums, and the FAQ's are filled with good information to help increase your knowledge of our sport.

I would suggest either an TM-clone M4 series AEG or AK since they're both tried and true styles of guns, there are also plenty of parts floating around for both series.

Last edited by GZA; November 16th, 2008 at 00:32..
GZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 00:32   #5
White_knight

newbie buying guide
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=58784
general newbie guide
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=29
picking your first aeg
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=253
importing airsoft
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=40318
airsoft canada forum rules
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=53249
a big ol airsoft Q&A
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=51609
how to get age verified
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=11474
game and events section (from here pick your region to find a game in your area)
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22
WHERE CAN I BUY A GUN!?
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=11961
underage airsoft and YOU!
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=61532

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 00:35   #6
matt491

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPettitt View Post
i was hoping to be able to deck them out to be more of a light sniper. i would like to put a bipod, scope and moc silencer on it. if anyone can help me out with my dicision that be great
First off,You don't want a sniper for your first gun.
And second, putting a scope, bipod and mock silencer on an AEG does NOT make it a sniper rifle. It takes between 200-500 in upgrades to make an aeg (especially an M4 variant) a solid sniper.

As you were already told, read the FAQS. It'll avoid you making stupid posts like this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
matt491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 01:00   #7
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
well sniper or not, you still have to get age verified first! Good luck!
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 04:35   #8
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Welcome new user.

Please take the time to fill in your profile, where you’re from, your birthday etc.

Today’s airsoft guns are nothing more than a motor driven gear set that cranks back a piston which is then released to push and compress air in a cylinder which is then directed out the nozzle to propel the BB down the barrel. How you want it to look is up to you.

As an addendum to that statement you may wish to consider a few of these following points.

1. Cost, is the airsoft gun you desire in your price range? Is it in your price range in the future if you save. Is it the brand you want? Its not just about the looks of the gun, each and every company has their own little take and twist. An example of this is that ICS M4 have a different threading on the upper receiver than that of say a Classic Army M4. Taking that into consideration you would be limited to front ends made specifically for ICS guns if you choose to change out your front end eventually. Unless however you choose to purchase a rethreading tool to change the threading of your upper receiver. Which brings me to my next point.

2. Cost + availability or parts and your own ability to do upgrades. So you have chosen your airsoft gun. Now you want to do some modifications and upgrades. Do you know what you’re looking for in terms of compatible parts? Do you know where to acquire them easily and do you have the know how to do the work yourself or are in a situation where you know someone who can do it for you. If your not mechanically inclined and do not have access to an airsoft gun doc, I would recommend that you purchase something that has already been preupgraded or at least something that has already had the standard preventative maintenance performed on it be it used or new. Preventative upgrades are simple upgrades that will keep the airsoft gun running longer (maybe not forever but defiantly longer). Most airsoft guns come with nylon bushings; the bushings are what help hold the gears in the mechbox. Most people believe that under heavy stress they bushings can melt and warp, it is recommended that they be replaced with metal bushings. Another example of a preventative maintenance upgrade would be a spring guide. A tokyo marui M4 comes with its stock plastic TM V2 spring guide, while this maybe all fine and dandy for the time being with its stock spring, attempting to run a spring with to high a strength rating may cause that spring guide to break. Over time even with its stock spring the spring guide can weaken. It is suggested that this be an item that you do replace if performing preventative maintenance, usually with something along the lines of a bearing spring guide.

3. Is it available in Canada through one of our retailers. It’s a well known fact that attempting to import an airsoft gun from outside of Canada is equal to that of tossing your money in the toilet, lighting the toilet on fire and then pushing it out of the back of a moving school bus. It maybe have seemed like a good idea at the time, but now you are out a bunch of money and you also ruined a perfectly good toilet.

4. Magazines, you have your airsoft gun and you only have one magazine well that’s all fine and dandy but I’m certain there may come a day where you will require more than one magazine. You may wish to look into the different brands and manufactures out there to see what is compatible with what and how much it costs.

5. Other. You may wish to consider cost and availability of other items you may want in the future and their availability. For example lets say you bought some form of armalite variant and wanted to go the SR 47 look. Well unfortunately at this time do the Canadian law you would be unable to bring the parts in required since they are prohibited, even if it were possible it is en extremely rare mod to find and even more expensive to buy. Another example would be an under barrel grenade launcher. Hope you can someone in Canada because importing is a no no. Other things you may wish to consider are the cost of a sling, maybe some gear and optics.

In closing, I guess buying an airsoft gun is more than just how you want it to look, its a commitment to an investment. I may not have helped you choose which airsoft gun you want, but I have provided you with the appropriate information for your consideration in regards to your future purchase, the rest is up to you.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; November 16th, 2008 at 04:38..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 10:04   #9
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
There are so many threads just like this one already. Try using the search function at the top of the page as well as reading the faqs, it will save you alot of abuse.

I was a noob a couple of months ago and had many of the same questions.

First of all, going sniper as your first rig is not a good idea. You need experience playing the other side first. Not to mention that making even a decent sniper rig is going to run you a minimum of about thousand dollars and that's just for the gun.

I did extensive research and settled on the Tactical Carbine version of the Classic Army M15A4 as my first gun. In my opinion it's the best of all the possible Armalite versions. You have the shortened M4 carbine barrel, which makes you less likely to smack your barrel off something when turning quickly, combined with the full stock which houses a large battery. Small batteries don't have near the run time of a large battery, not to mention that the reinforced slip ring (the ring that keeps the fore-grip on) is really stong. While this is mostly a good thing and a big step up over CA's previous M15 versions, it makes changing small batteries in the field very difficult if not impossible.

Classic Army's M15A4 series in general is a big step up over their previous versions and as far as stock armalites go they're probably the best. All metal where the real steel version is, the plastic parts where the real steal version is plastic are made of good quality. CA has a deal with Armalite so you get all the proper markings. Plus that deal also goes to show the quality of the manufacture, Armalite wouldn't put their name on a shoddy product.

Internally the gearbox is reinforced metal and all the gears are metal as well. It fires hotter stock then TM's as well, firing at 300-320 fps where your average TM only fires 280-300 fps.

All in all this is a great starter gun if you can afford it. Because it's all metal you don't have to worry nearly as much about breaking it and you won't get any of the wobble that is infamous in stock TM M4/M16's. Unfortunately affording it is the biggest problem, they're not cheap.

To give you an idea of cost (once you get age verified) I got my CA M15A4 from the classifieds, upgraded with a bunch of Systema internals to fire 390fps, for $600 shipped.

One of the perks of going with an M16/M4 variant is that mags are dead easy to come by and dirt cheap. You can get Star 30 round realcaps for like $5 a mag or less, or 300 round TM or CA highcaps for like $15 a mag.

CA's or TM's are one end of the price range, if you're on a much stricter budget then maybe an Aftermath Kraken AK47 might be more your speed.

I have a Kraken as a loaner/backup (my primary being the aforementioned CA M15A4) and I've fielded it a couple of times just to get a feel for it. It's a decent gun, certainly for its price. It shoots harder out of the box then even the big names like TM or CA, around 370fps. It's reasonably accurate as well, I was only using the iron sights and I was hitting what I was aiming at as often as could be expected. Not particularly creaky even with all the plastic, and metal barrel is a nice addition. It's surpisingly heavy for a mostly plastic gun and fairly well balanced. It's TM compatible even though I haven't done anything to mine, so you could swap the clear plastic body and shiny plastic stock for a full metal body and wood stock and even swap out the gears and/or mechbox for TM stuff down the road if you wanted to. I'm a realcap man so I bought a pile of Star realcap mags and they fit in the gun just fine, I've tried a TM highcap and that fits just fine as well.

All in all, it's a solid gun for it's price and a good investment. If I had the choice of a Kraken plus a metal body and woodkit or a JG, I'd probably go with the Kraken, though obviously manufacturers like TM or CA or even G&P are still better. I'd recomend the Kraken to anyone on a budget or just starting out.

To give an idea of cost, you can easily get a Kraken from the classifieds (once you're age verified) for $180 or so shipped.

Hope this helps you. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to pass on my limited experence. Feel free to PM me.

Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 10:49   #10
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
He didnt say he wanted a sniper, sounds like hes going for more of a DMR setup. Both the M4 style or M14 models are perfect starts. Unlike a sniper platforms, DMR platforms allow you to play around with "l33t snipa skils", but when you realize that its not fun, you can have some real fun and get into the mud with full auto. Throw on a tightbore, some upgrades, and you should be able to provide some accurate single shots without sacrificing your capability to use bursts of full auto.

Makes me miss my g3sg1.
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 10:55   #11
Brit ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_SEA View Post
He didnt say he wanted a sniper, sounds like hes going for more of a DMR setup. Both the M4 style or M14 models are perfect starts. Unlike a sniper platforms, DMR platforms allow you to play around with "l33t snipa skils", but when you realize that its not fun, you can have some real fun and get into the mud with full auto. Throw on a tightbore, some upgrades, and you should be able to provide some accurate single shots without sacrificing your capability to use bursts of full auto.

Makes me miss my g3sg1.
After he gets age verified!
Old November 16th, 2008, 14:32   #12
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit ter View Post
After he gets age verified!
Im assuming after about 8 people before me telling him to get AV, he would get the point and look into it.
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 14:35   #13
Brit ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_SEA View Post
Im assuming after about 8 people before me telling him to get AV, he would get the point and look into it.
Energizer bunny ,he keeps goin,and goin and goin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion