Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My Team Wants A New Name

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 11th, 2012, 18:26   #106
z0ng

I think the earlier suggestion of "The Blue Waffles" was perfect. You should develop related callsigns like Herpes Actual 5-0, Gonorrhea Tango 1-2-1 or HIV Hotel 6-9. This way when the enemy hears them yelled out in combat hopefully they will just laugh and be unable to provide effective resistance against you.

Team GHOSTS G-42
How to fix your WE M4 Mags
z0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:30   #107
I P Freely

These "kids" will be of age soon enough. Who do you think they will buy rifles from when they are age varified? Who will they take advice from at that point? Whos teams will they want to join? Be mindfull of who you slander for these sort of comments help drive airsoft down in peoples eyes.

Be the guy who can teach them the honour and respect we all look for within this sport. Be the guy they need to learn from. Be the guy who sells them quality gear.

Be that good guy.
I P Freely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:40   #108
BennyBoy

whiskey tango foxtrot?
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:45   #109
Strelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by I P Freely View Post
These "kids" will be of age soon enough. Who do you think they will buy rifles from when they are age varified? Who will they take advice from at that point? Whos teams will they want to join? Be mindfull of who you slander for these sort of comments help drive airsoft down in peoples eyes.

Be the guy who can teach them the honour and respect we all look for within this sport. Be the guy they need to learn from. Be the guy who sells them quality gear.

Be that good guy.
Yeah, this thread is totally going to be the downfall of airsoft.

k.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 11:55   #110
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Listen this forum is for information and discussion. Are we here to solve petty problems? No. Listen yes I agree this thread isn't the most mature side of ASC but this is us trying to make light of something just to show you how silly this really is. Common we can't chose a name. Okay find something cool. Use Something cool. Fixed. Use your imagination. Though something tells me 'I P Freely' that my hunch you might in someway be involved with this team is correct. But hey. Your just a new guy commenting on this particular thread instead of doing what most new people do.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:33   #111
I P Freely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
Listen this forum is for information and discussion. Are we here to solve petty problems? No. Listen yes I agree this thread isn't the most mature side of ASC but this is us trying to make light of something just to show you how silly this really is. Common we can't chose a name. Okay find something cool. Use Something cool. Fixed. Use your imagination. Though something tells me 'I P Freely' that my hunch you might in someway be involved with this team is correct. But hey. Your just a new guy commenting on this particular thread instead of doing what most new people do.
I've got no clue who these people are. Never met them, don't live near them. Just think they could be treated a little better. I'm 40, I recall when I was young and didn't know much. Still not sure I know much now. But when people offered me assistance, I took it. Maybe they will too if it's good advice.
I P Freely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:42   #112
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

There is "assistance" then there is "hand-holding" then there is "I'm entitled to receive whatever I ask for when ever I want it... here I am .. squatting in a nest with my mouth open.. FEED MEEEEEE!"

this thread was the Latter
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:50   #113
CPT Scott

Bulldogs? Sounds a little plain. Add something to it. Be inventive, express who you are and who you want to be.
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:59   #114
slink182

Quote:
Originally Posted by I P Freely View Post
I've got no clue who these people are. Never met them, don't live near them. Just think they could be treated a little better. I'm 40, I recall when I was young and didn't know much. Still not sure I know much now. But when people offered me assistance, I took it. Maybe they will too if it's good advice.
Hey, I'm 48. I recall when I was young too, BUT I DO NOT RECALL GOING AROUND ASKING OTHERS TO DO MY THINKING FOR ME.

Most of us are here to help - technical, educational, philosophical, moral, morale, whatever - but we help those that are willing to help themselves first. These kid(s) posts don't even have a semblance of attempting self-help/education/critical thought before posting up their banal request.

I'm not stupid. These kids are not likely stupid either (although they're not exactly leaving a positive impression) - they ARE being lazy, and lazy gets them exactly what this thread contains... public ridicule.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 13:20   #115
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slink182 View Post
they ARE being lazy, and lazy gets them exactly what this thread contains... public ridicule.
yup. the typical posting for help and suggestions but fully not caring what people say since they had no intention of listening.

Look at the op's thread in the trash complaining about a team member's desire to be called Beaver 1-2. Not exactly the best call sign but hey, he could be nicknamed "Nickel" or "5 cents" for covert ops.

Seeing as the 2 members in the OP's sig already have animal type call sign's, beaver would have worked just fine...
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 13:53   #116
SuperCriollo

TBH- Team Butt Hurt

Los Gatos

Mantaraya

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 15:28   #117
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
There is "assistance" then there is "hand-holding" then there is "I'm entitled to receive whatever I ask for when ever I want it... here I am .. squatting in a nest with my mouth open.. FEED MEEEEEE!"

this thread was the Latter
what he said. when they start asking "intelligent" or more serious questions, then they'll get serious answers. i just think they are trying too hard to get such an easy answer.

oooh how about...

" the try hards"
Old July 12th, 2012, 15:40   #118
pugs144

The Choads.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 15:55   #119
BennyBoy

The Frisky Bulldogs

Edit: this is Logitechboys asking for people to chime in on some possible team names, how did this become anything else but that? Team names have to be respectful and honourable?

Last edited by BennyBoy; July 12th, 2012 at 15:58..
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 16:14   #120
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144 View Post
The Choads.
^this.

how abooooot...
"The Wreckers"

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank