Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sniper Rifle

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 12th, 2008, 22:02   #31
littlesilver3

[QUOTE=tunabreath;641915]I'm going to say the pre-requisite "be extremely careful what you do with your guns" in consideration of the public and the police. Make sure that there is no chance of someone mistaking your intentions with your airsoft gun (this means playing in the yard or at work is a big no-no).

tunabreath; dont get the wrong idea when i said "playing in the yard or at work". I live on the 30 acre farm and and my closest neighbour is a mile down the road. And at work, it was on a saturday when only me and another fellow were there, open area in the shop all doors to that are locked so noone could come in without knocking. Not using theseas excuses to my earlier comments, but just you know the conditions i was referring to. And i know that eventhough an airsoft gun is not the real thing, i treat it as if it were. I have purchased trgger locks for both of my crappy tire airsoft guns and keep the ammo seperate from the guns.
littlesilver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 22:07   #32
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Nope you're wrong. They pull the forward assist... backwards.
Ah yes i watched it again. It must be because they couldn't get the hand to play nice with the gun model or something. So it's kinda between the charging handle and the forward assist, or looks like it's pulling the forward assist.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 22:10   #33
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Ah yes i watched it again. It must be because they couldn't get the hand to play nice with the gun model or something. So it's kinda between the charging handle and the forward assist, or looks like it's pulling the forward assist.
No, they definetly pull back on the forward assist in CSS.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 22:13   #34
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

If I remeber correctly, it is the forward assist the yank back on.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 23:57   #35
Mongoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post
Amazing MONGOOSE, an absolutely amazing post. Anyone should be able to tell that the 2001 join date speaks volumes over your 571 posts. Maybe I should suggest you as a site mod.

Again, well written bro.

SHA DO
LOL!!! I don't know if you are being sarcastic, flaming me or being serious....LOL!!! GOD I'm sooo tired right now!!! Mind not working! LOL!!!!
Old February 17th, 2008, 21:27   #36
Sha Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
LOL!!! I don't know if you are being sarcastic, flaming me or being serious....LOL!!! GOD I'm sooo tired right now!!! Mind not working! LOL!!!!
No dude, I'm very serious. Now a days, I am really sickened by the amount of stupidity and flamming I see going around on the boards.
But every now and again I see a post that is very clean, clear, to the point, and written in a very "professional" manner. Your posting on this thread is a prime example of just that. Now I'm not saying that it's the only one I've seen as such, as most of the active seniors respond in the same manner, but for someone who dosen't post often... just excellent.

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 23:21   #37
lupo

In regards to sniping in airsoft it is similar to the real world. Where as the purpose is precision (not just in shooting) but in observation and communications. Your weapon is almost the last thing you should be worrying about. My primary role was intellegence gathering , because you have a magnified optic and concealment you are a much larger asset to your team with proper communications. Being able to precisely remove an opposing team leader , medic , saw gunner or enemy sniper all come from your ability to observe and recongnize things on field.
In regards to the thread jacking on the topic of CSS. The CS and CSS models were originally modeled left handed. The modeler is lefthanded and they didnt mirror over in game properly. His nickname is gooseman and he is/was an airsofter in the lowermainland and has many other mod titles to his name all with the same lefthanded model problem.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 18:52   #38
Mongoose

Thanks for the compliment Sha Do. Flaming a guy on his question, no matter how stupid it sounds, is to me not a professional way helping out nor answering the guys question. Most times I post quick to the point answers that are easy to understand and give some direction to find the rest of their answers they are seeking.

We should help out the new guys out, not flame them away cause he may have asked a stupid question(s). We all got to remember, we were in their shoes once. I'm pretty sure we didn't all read the FAQ either and posted numerous dumb-assed questions.

Last edited by Mongoose; February 18th, 2008 at 18:58..
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 19:08   #39
jtjcheng

Mongoose, your attitude toward new airsofters will be greatly appreciated eventually.

Nowadays, I can hardly see anyone to be this helpful and patient as you, with such an objective point of view and principles like yours.

To be objective is not easy to everyone, as everyone is subjective to some points. You are able to react objectively to questions, for this new airsofters (including myself) must thank you.

A gun has them all...
jtjcheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 19:10   #40
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesilver3 View Post
I want the sniper rifle mainly for shooting in the backyard or in my shop, untill im ready to snipe on the field. And those crappy tire guns are garbage, but make for great fun at work when theres nothing to do.
Dont be so irresponsible, come back when you turn 18.
Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 19:16   #41
NickPoole

He sounds over 18 to me ,
and the flaming towards new guys here is ridiculous, Ive been lurking for a while but im fairly new myself , but it's threads like these make me not want to ask questions here with the fear or getting ripped on.

People should have the same attitude toward begginers that mongoose has.
NickPoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 19:55   #42
Tombstone

We are open minded to new commers and I encourage many people to come get involved in the sport, but we also need to protect the sport from those who may put a stain on the sport of airsoft.

comments such as wanting to get a AEG or Sring rifle to "Shoot in the back yard" where it could easialy be seen by the neighbours, they in turn freak out and contact local law enforcement> BAD SCENE for airsoft on the local news >NOT WHAT we need.

What most ASC users want is safe responsable use and ownership.

Thats it .
Old February 18th, 2008, 20:38   #43
tunabreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesilver3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
I'm going to say the pre-requisite "be extremely careful what you do with your guns" in consideration of the public and the police. Make sure that there is no chance of someone mistaking your intentions with your airsoft gun (this means playing in the yard or at work is a big no-no).

tunabreath; dont get the wrong idea when i said "playing in the yard or at work". I live on the 30 acre farm and and my closest neighbour is a mile down the road. And at work, it was on a saturday when only me and another fellow were there, open area in the shop all doors to that are locked so noone could come in without knocking. Not using theseas excuses to my earlier comments, but just you know the conditions i was referring to. And i know that eventhough an airsoft gun is not the real thing, i treat it as if it were. I have purchased trgger locks for both of my crappy tire airsoft guns and keep the ammo seperate from the guns.
He's already responded to those comments. Sounds reasonable enough for me, no need to pin him to the board like that.
Old February 18th, 2008, 20:41   #44
Tombstone

Agree> It is still a general comment for new members
Old February 18th, 2008, 20:51   #45
Alex Le Chef
Formerly funkeinstein

Send a message via MSN to Alex Le Chef
as for personal info how far in a feet distance a 450fps aeg/sniper/gbb etc whatever. would shoot ?

i hear many thing like some say 120 some say 300 both makes no sence to me i want to get clear picture wondering
Alex Le Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion