Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G PM4 light

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 19th, 2012, 20:09   #1
TheLegend

G&G PM4 light

Hey guys I am new to airsoft and am looking at this gun for my first. Any experiences with it? Is it good? Bad?
TheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 11:30   #2
TheLegend

OK nobody seems to know anything about it so I will ask: What would you recommend and were to do you recommend I shop for one?
Old March 20th, 2012, 11:45   #3
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Ok well the g&g PM4 light isn't the best option here is a better (much much better) choice. The PM4 light is a crappy clearsoft halfbreed and I can guess where you found it from. OVERPRICED.

King Arms M4A1

Full metal (except for the handguard, grip and stock of course) amazing quality, reliable internals and sells for around the 250-300 mark.

as for where you can find this amazing airsoft gun?

Sadly look at my name, see that little bar with "Age Verified"? It confirms to the community that I am 18+ years of age. Until you have that little banner underneath your name we cannot tell you where to find them.

To get age verified please read these three.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=11473

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=74996

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=11474

There you go you have all the tools to get started. Have good one mate.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:03   #4
TheLegend

Ok. So do you need a Possesion and Acquisition License (PAL) to buy airsoft rifles? I hunt and own REAL rifles that can kill someone. I am on a gun forum and they can openly tell me were to buy real rifles. Why can't you with airsoft? Can you kill someone with a airsoft rifle? Forgive the Newbie questions.
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:07   #5
L473ncy

No PAL needed, SOME (not all) airsoft fall into the same category as .177cal/4.5mm rifles and are uncontrolled. Also because airsoft is easier to acquire than real steel where you have to record transfer of ownership a lot of irresponsible kidiots can and will get their hands on them and cause trouble for the status quo as it stands right now.
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:09   #6
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

I've never heard of anyone getting killed by an airsoft gun.

But this isn't a question of killing or legalities. It's a site policy. And you don't need a license to own an airsoft. And they don't need a tinted or clear lower.

The reason we have the Age Verified system in place is to help limit the number of immature youth getting their hands on airsoft rifles. We apologize for the inconvenience but this is just how we do things. It's nothing personal and meeting an Age Verifier can be easy, quick and painless.

As for you owning real rifles. Thank you for not buying into the media BS that guns are evil.
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:33   #7
TheLegend

No offense taken. I understand totally and am just a Newbie. Thanks for the explanation!
Old March 20th, 2012, 13:27   #8
TheLegend

Back to what this post was originally about. So just exactly why is the pm4 light a crappy gun? I have read reviews and people are very satisfied. I like the look of better and prefer its compact size. Am I making a mistake buying it?
Old March 20th, 2012, 13:39   #9
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Not truely a mistake and the reviews you've read are they from the retailers website? Is the website buyairsoft? Truthfully there it is wayyyy over priced. It comes with a crappy clear plastic lower receiver. And G&G piston heads probably have horrible piston compression.

Reviews on the buyairsoft site are filtered by staff and are mostly written by children and ever notice they are not very long. For a review of any g&G m4 variant (the slight difference on the externals but the same internals) use the search function. There is lots of info. Plus there is a G&P (much much better brand) shorty m4 smg for sale in the classifieds for 300.

EDIT: another great option is the ICS C8xp concept. That is a great brand. Reliable and you could swap uppers for a longer gun really easy.

Last edited by Curo; March 20th, 2012 at 13:48..
Old March 20th, 2012, 17:49   #10
MaciekA

All the G&G guns are generally decent quality and such but as Cobalt Caliber said, these guns are massively overpriced in our country. There are far better options on the market now, especially since prices are dropping on mid-end and high-end guns.

There is absolutely no reason to get one of these plasticky low-end guns anymore. The market is changing pretty significantly to reflect the new realities of import regulations, and the site you're probably looking at for this gun (there's really only one main G&G distributor in Canada) is overpricing their stuff significantly.

Do not buy!

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 18:24   #11
leth1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
And G&G piston heads probably have horrible piston compression
Because of this everything you've said should be considered irrelevant because you don't actually know how the gun, or brand for that matter, operates and this comment in itself is hypocritically "childish".

I've owned a G&G PM4 Light for almost 2 years and it hasn't had a problem yet. The only things I changed were putting high speed gears by Element and a Madbull tightbore inner barrel. Everything else internally is stock and it shoots a consistent 375-380fps.

There are better guns and perhaps some retailers price things higher or lower than others but welcome to the current Canadian airsoft market.
Old March 20th, 2012, 19:05   #12
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

I know that G&G quality control sometimes leaves leaky pistons resulting in bad compression. Now how is that childish.
Old March 20th, 2012, 19:22   #13
leth1337

Because you're saying that reviews are written by children who don't know what they're talking about meanwhile the way you worded your view on their parts illustrated an assumption. Should know have experience with the matter then I withdraw my comments towards you, but the way I read it was cause for my response.
Old March 20th, 2012, 19:34   #14
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Also, keep in mind that except for a few exceptions, you get what you pay for. Clearsoft and Cansoft may be cheaper, and they may be made by reputable brands (Sportlines, and equivalent), but in the long run, they aren't as worth it as 'full-black' guns, persae, made by reputable and tried manufacturers.

The KA M4 is one of the exceptions to the 'You get what you pay for' rule.
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 19:35   #15
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

My view is that they have been known sometimes to need a new piston out of the box, that some do, not all. Its well known. Not saying that every single G&G Ver2 gearbox will be bad, but there QC is worse than some other brands and you can do allot better.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank