VSR-10 Barrels & Hop-Ups

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 6th, 2008, 15:28   #1
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

VSR-10 Barrels & Hop-Ups

Hey guys,

I'm working on a project right now and need to find out something: Are the hop-up mounts on the inner barrels between the standard VSR-10 and the G-Spec different from each other?

From what I've gathered, the standard VSR-10 uses the same open cut on the barrel as found on the Marui Hi-Capa 4.3, Hi-Capa 5.1, Sig Sauer P226, etc whereas the G-spec has a closed-ended cut for the bucking.
That is my understanding of the difference, but I need confirmation of this.

If you are not sure what I am referring to, but would like to contribute information to aid in this matter, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take a bit of time to take a detailed and close up photo of the hop-up attachment end of the inner-barrel on your VSR-10.

Thanks,
Brian
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 12:30   #2
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Bump... anybody know if there's a difference between standard VSR-10 and G-Spec barrels?
Old February 11th, 2008, 13:29   #3
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
I know the gspecs hopup unit is a bit better built but I am nearly 100% sure that all vsr barrels are the same. What hopup are you planning on using?
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 14:42   #4
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Does the G-Spec have a closed square hole for the hop up bucking? (like on standard AEGs)

Or is it open-ended like on a Marui Hi-Capa / Glock 17 / P226?

I know VSR-10's in general have the same inner barrel as the Hi-Capa series , Glock 17 and P226 because they share hop up rubbers, but I'm looking in to a custom barrel for a different project and the manufacturer keeps asking me which VSR-10 it's for, as he only knows of a VSR-10 barrel that has a closed hole. That information is contradictory to the other information that I have received.

Nobody's swapped their VSR-10 inner barrel before and taken a look at the cut out?
Old February 11th, 2008, 15:14   #5
BIGMEDCIN

I was digging around looking at my G-spec on the weekend, mine to is a project in progress (it dose shoot now) I have looked at all my VSR and G-spec components, I have ordered several hop rubbers and a couple inner barrels.
from my best recollection all the VSR-10/G-spec hop rubbers are the same a well inner barrels have the cut out as a pistol barrel and the hop rubber dose retrofit most TM pistols.

I have an aftermarket hop chamber that requires an AEG type barrel and hop rubber, I will be tearing my G-spec down in the next couple weeks as it is second on my currant project list, I will be installing a new bull barrel and extra long inner using the stock G-spec hop unit, I will pass on any info I can as I receive it.

Cheers
BIGMEDCIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 15:27   #6
Kimbo
formerly pivot

I should have my Gspec here this week. I'll tear it down and post up some pics.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 15:28   #7
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
I am almost certain they both are cut like the pistols. The difference in the g spec is how the barrel and hop arm are supported I believe.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 17:31   #8
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Thank you for the help, guys. It is appreciated.
Old February 13th, 2008, 22:52   #9
tsuru

A bit late to the party but better late than never.
I know from the HFC USR-11's I've taken down that the stock barrel is open ended like the TM pistols. My G-Spec stock barrel and replacement barrel both were close ended. That being said, I was feeling goofy one day and I put the stock VSR-10 barrel in my Hi-Capa and it fit with no problems.
From what I've seen on the USR/VSR's I've worked on the closed end does seem to help keep the hop rubber in a more uniform shape which leads to better air seal with the nozzle. Either way it should work though.
tsuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 19:24   #10
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Thanks, tsuru. That's exactly the answer I was looking for. Much appreciated.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications