Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Cyma mp5k pdw?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 12th, 2012, 00:25   #1
xEssence

Cyma mp5k pdw?

I'm interested in purchasing this gun. Ive watched and read several reviews online yet i have alot of unanswered questions. If anybody in the community is familiar with this product itd be great if you can answer some of my questions.

1. I've seen/read about the cocking knob for the CYMA MP5K but every review says something different. Itd be great if someone can confirm whether the cocking knob has an actual function or its just there so people can h&k slap the gun convincing themselves and others its almost the real thing and it looks cool hahaha.

2. I know there is a separate section for this so i wont go into too much detail but how is easy is it to find replacement parts and find parts to upgrade? I know when talking about upgrades... the sky is the limit but is there any work that needs to be done out of the box?

3. Would CYMA be considered a reliable brand? No gun will last forever but the reliability of a gun is important. for example is there are alot of internal issues that other members of the community has experienced while owning one of these guns?

4. Can you recommend me an alternative brand for an mp5k that would be better than the CYMA mp5k? and if possible an approximate cost or where i can get one would also would be great information to add.

Thanks for the read. Cheers.
xEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 00:52   #2
boren93
Dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEssence View Post
1. I've seen/read about the cocking knob for the CYMA MP5K but every review says something different. Itd be great if someone can confirm whether the cocking knob has an actual function or its just there so people can h&k slap the gun convincing themselves and others its almost the real thing and it looks cool hahaha.
Nope it's useless to the point that you can't really use it since the battery blocks it and it can snap easily being pot metal. (With some modification I managed to fit in the Guarder MP5 steel cocking handle)

Quote:
2. I know there is a separate section for this so i wont go into too much detail but how is easy is it to find replacement parts and find parts to upgrade? I know when talking about upgrades... the sky is the limit but is there any work that needs to be done out of the box?
Replacement parts I am not quite sure about, upgrades you can go find easily on the web. Being a version 3 gearbox I doubt parts would be hard to find.

Quote:
3. Would CYMA be considered a reliable brand? No gun will last forever but the reliability of a gun is important. for example is there are alot of internal issues that other members of the community has experienced while owning one of these guns?
So far I have not received any problems from my experience. CYMA is indeed a one of the better Chinese made brands.

Quote:
4. Can you recommend me an alternative brand for an mp5k that would be better than the CYMA mp5k? and if possible an approximate cost or where i can get one would also would be great information to add.
TM has one but you might need to fork in some more money, such as a metal body and a few upgrade parts. CA also has one, but I don't really know much about it other than CYMA cloned it. You might need to do some more searching around.
Old October 12th, 2012, 00:54   #3
xEssence

Lots of useful information thanks
xEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:04   #4
boren93
Dicks

I also forgot to mention some mag compatibility issues I had. So far as I know my MP5K can only use CYMA mags and any other mags don't seem to lock into place.
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:31   #5
MaciekA

I have a more recent CYMA MP5K and here are some thoughts:

1) The cocking lever is useless once you've stuffed that area of the gun full of MOSFETs and batteries and XT60 connectors, but the lever itself feels pretty solid to me.

2) These are extremely upgradable guns. Mine comfortably and precisely fits a completely different-brand V3 gearbox I have handy in my spare parts bins. No problems swapping selector plates, no problems mounting the motor cage, no problems with pinion/bevel alignment.

3) With regards to what boren93 said, I've actually had the opposite experience. I've found that the following mags have worked well on my CYMA MP5K:

- the CYMA-included MP5K "shorty" mags
- G&G MP5 highcap
- MAG-brand MP5 midcap box set

I highly recommend the MAG-brand box set. Zero feeding issues in the CYMA so far. These are lightweight mags and have thus far taken a beating in my MP5s -- and the price is right.

Hope that helps. I'm actually in the process of throwing a King Arms V3 gearbox into my CYMA MP5K, as well as an R-Hop, new MOSFET (swapping out the Extreme-Fire one it has for a Gate GDS-4005), and other goodies. I've already put a high torque motor in mine (the JG blue). If I can do all these upgrades to mine, you can rest assured your's has a very high upgrade ceiling as well.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion