Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

green gas or propane adapter

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 25th, 2010, 17:50   #1
mansopoor

green gas or propane adapter

i live in gander bay and i SHOULD have my new KJW 1911 MEU on friday but i cant find any place around here to buy green gas and it's going to take to long for me to order a propane adapter, im going to be like a kid in a candy store when i get my gun cause this is my first one and im going to want to fire it off can someone please help and point me in the right direction. thanks.
mansopoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 18:03   #2
mstefak

Send a message via MSN to mstefak
I was the same way when I got my first gun like, 8 years ago. I researched every different way to get the gun to fire and the cheapest. At the time propane was the devil, noone believed thats all green gas was.

Either way, back on point. Propane all the way. Buy yourself a propane adapter and a few things of silcone oil. Just by the silicone from an online store that states for use in airsoft guns. There are a few different weights of oils. You use the super light stuff for use as air lubrication with propane. Put a few drops in every roughly ten mags or so I believe is the more common ratio.

Too much silicone I believe can lube the hop up too much and makes it much less effective.

Hope this helps.

** Propane is much much cheaper. Canadian Tire sells bottles of Coleman propane in packs of 3 for like 15 bucks**
mstefak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 18:47   #3
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Why do you have to wait a long time for the propane adapter? I can get a complete Airsoft Innovations GunGas kit to you in 3 business days.

Last edited by ILLusion; October 25th, 2010 at 18:55..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 20:37   #4
mansopoor

because i live in newfoundland and EVERYTHING has to be brought in by ferry. i need some place in newfoundland were i can get a propane adapter or some green gas, as i said im near gander. can some from newfoundland please help, i need something by friday night.
Old October 25th, 2010, 22:29   #5
redzaku

not very sure you have grasp the concept of green gas
but green gas is propane but with a hint of 100% silicone for flavoring
so follow what the guys say and go for adaptor
so everything is ferryied over? what kind of mail service runs there?
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:46   #6
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzaku View Post
not very sure you have grasp the concept of green gas
but green gas is propane but with a hint of 100% silicone for flavoring
so follow what the guys say and go for adaptor
so everything is ferryied over? what kind of mail service runs there?
They have to strap everything to the cod, and since the cod are few and far between, takes a lot longer for the mail to get through. Lol
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:57   #7
Drake
E-01

Why didn't you order a propane adapter at the same time as the gun?

Have you ordered BBs? You're going to need those, too.

And silicon oil for the propane.
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:00   #8
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansopoor View Post
i live in gander bay and i SHOULD have my new KJW 1911 MEU on friday but i cant find any place around here to buy green gas and it's going to take to long for me to order a propane adapter, im going to be like a kid in a candy store when i get my gun cause this is my first one and im going to want to fire it off can someone please help and point me in the right direction. thanks.
Hop on airsoftparts.ca and ordered a kit, or order from Illusion, order with expresspost shipping, and you can have your propane adapter by the time you have your gun.
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:18   #9
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansopoor View Post
but i cant find any place around here to buy green gas and it's going to take to long for me to order a propane adapter,
it'll take longer for you to find a store that sells green gas.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:42   #10
mansopoor

thanks all for the great suggestions, I guess I'm going to order what i need online, as for the gun I bought it from a person not a company and all he had was the gun (brand new and never fired) does anyone know if a can buy a C02 magazine for it because C02 will be better as the colder weather comes right?
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:10   #11
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Ferry or not, CanadaPost guarantees 3 day delivery from me to anywhere in Newfoundland. It's 2 days to get to the Maritimes, and 1 day by ferry.

If you order by today, before 3pm EST, you'll have it by Friday, guaranteed.

The Airsoft Innovations GunGas kit comes with everything you need to get going with propane, including an adapter, a replaceable tip (can be used as a duster adapter as well), and a bottle of ultra light weight silicone oil to keep your seals moist.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:24   #12
bshantz

I strictly run Green gas with both my rifle and my pistols, I grew sick of the smell
of propane. You will find that even though propane is is a fraction of the cost of
green gas, sometimes a little sacrifice is needed.

-----
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

bshantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:38   #13
PugsleyAdams

Yeah, propane smells....ALOT!! I also find that sacrificing the smell is a lot better than paying the price! Considering everywhere I've seen green gas it sells for around $25 for an 8oz bottle and you can buy propane for $9.97 for 2x16oz bottles! In other words, you get 4 times the amount of propane(which is exactly what green gas is minus the silicon oil, from what everyone says) for less than half the cost of actual green gas! When you compare that, the cost of silicon oil and a propane adaptor are pretty negligable and way more cost effective in both the short and long run!
PugsleyAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 13:21   #14
VooDooPeteK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugsleyAdams View Post
Yeah, propane smells....ALOT!! I also find that sacrificing the smell is a lot better than paying the price! Considering everywhere I've seen green gas it sells for around $25 for an 8oz bottle and you can buy propane for $9.97 for 2x16oz bottles! In other words, you get 4 times the amount of propane(which is exactly what green gas is minus the silicon oil, from what everyone says) for less than half the cost of actual green gas! When you compare that, the cost of silicon oil and a propane adaptor are pretty negligable and way more cost effective in both the short and long run!
But green gas smells so nice

AI is rich because of the propane adapter and we love it....... oh wait it was cloned a few hundred times thats right.....

get the AI propane adapter, but some propane from CT or walmart and go with that
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 13:34   #15
bshantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugsleyAdams View Post
Yeah, propane smells....ALOT!! I also find that sacrificing the smell is a lot better than paying the price! Considering everywhere I've seen green gas it sells for around $25 for an 8oz bottle and you can buy propane for $9.97 for 2x16oz bottles!
I pay $20 a can for GG which isn't too bad considering the cost of my GBB's (rifles included).
It all boils down to what you want your gun to run on, if you [like me] spent $60-$70 shmucks a mag, then you [like me] would want to take care of them.
With propane you really need to be liberal with the silicone but not so much the
hopup gets effected, GG is mixed perfectly and it DOESN'T SMELL one bit!

You won't have that lingering poop smell everytime you dry fire in your basement.

-----
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

Last edited by bshantz; October 26th, 2010 at 13:37..
bshantz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank