Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What in your opinion was the most reliable, solid and gas efficient gbbr you have ever owned?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 25th, 2013, 10:45   #31
Strelok

I had a WE Xm177 that was pretty much unstoppable, I regret selling it. It was bone stock too.

I'd also have to put in a vote for the KJW KC02/1022 rifle.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 14:04   #32
camerashot

KJW KC02 Hands down!
camerashot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 17:50   #33
audi_bhoy

Of course a WE RA-Tech M4 is a good option, as it's a full upgraded gun. Not much people like the KJW M4 because of the THERMOLD mags in first part, I personnally like them, I can shoot 3 mags and more out of one good fill (38Rnds mags).

There's not much upgrades available for the KJW M4, another thing that some people dislike.

Would you need to put upgrades on a ferrari? My opinion is no. There ain't much upgrades available for this gun because it just doesn't need any.

Mine as ran good for the 2 lat summers and never failed on me once...

Last edited by audi_bhoy; February 25th, 2013 at 17:59..
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 19:10   #34
mr_nuts31

I would have to say the WE AK series. I games with one for a year now and the only upgrade part from RA Tech you need is their steel trigger, that's it. I remember bbs getting stuck near the bolt and all it did was smash the bbs into little pieces and continue firing. I even have branches get stuck in there and same thing, the bolt smashed it to pieces and kept on shooting. The only cleaning I do to it is brushing off debris from those events. Then again, you kinda expect a GBB AK to run similar to the real thing.
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:54   #35
djKail

I will never buy a WE GBBR again, used the SCAR for awhile, friend ran a PDW for a bit and my brother has the G39. Out of those three the G39 is the best. All of them are unreliable, have piss poor efficiency, and are not very effective. You can not fire more than a 2 - 3 round burst on full auto before you have BBs just rolling out of the barrel.

I switched to an MP7 by KWA. I know its not a rifle but it shoots much more accurately out of the box than the WE guns. It also has 40 round magazines which can fire almost 120 rounds before needing more gas. Best part is, if you need to, the gun will sustain full auto fire with minimal FPS loss. I have fallen on It, dropped it,and the thing just will not fail on me.
djKail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 23:50   #36
Batchokookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4FAN View Post
Ok, but what about gas efficiency?
The one on the KWA is just plain awesome, according to this video:
Angry Gun 300% recoil kit KWA LM4 PTR - YouTube

Is the WE better in gas efficiency than the KWA and KJW?
Well I just plinked with my WE SCAR today, it was about 5 degrees out and while using propelyne on semi I was getting about 2 1/2 mags out on one gas charge.

1+ on the WE SCAR. Had it since December '10, only time it ever failed was when I dropped it on a rock out at Warpaint, the spring in the nozzle snapped. New OB kit and it's been running like a charm ever since. With a RA-Tech 440mm 6.01 tightbore & hop up I can honest to god hit a man-sized target at 150ft without firing twice. And that's with iron sights.

Mag leaks are a nightmare though. I won't even go into that.
KWA P226 PTP X2
VFC/UMAREX MP5A2
Batchokookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 18:54   #37
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
JAC MP5SD w/metal body upgrades I ran it for nine years through rain, sleet, snow, dunked into a river and even dropped from a second floor at paintball city, work like a champ.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 19:42   #38
wurger

Funny, all of my WE's have been temperamental PITA's (2 M4's and 1 416). The mags were completely unreliable, leak wise. I would stick my head in a wood chipper before I would buy another WE GBBR.

G&P WOC, hands down, best externals. But the mags sucked even more than the WE mags. Leak, fix, leak, fix, leak, fix, leak...

KWA LM4 and MP-7, no problems, gun or mags. Zero leaks from the MP-7 mags. Two of my LM4 mags were leakers, but one disassembly and cleaning fixed the leaks.

If saying that my KWA GBBR's are the best I've owned makes me a fan-boy, so be it.
wurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 18:05   #39
bananaphone88

Just got rid of my WE M4, wasnt working propperly. Unless you can afford to spend the money on buying the all steel RA-Tech Internals dont bother. I hear the WE scar-L is much more reliable. KWA/KSC MP7's are great too. I just picked up a G&P M4, which is based on the Western arms platform. Will be running prowin mags so it should be much more reliable then the best looking paper weight out there (WE M4)
bananaphone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 18:26   #40
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with you all. The ViperTech M4 GBBRS are the MOST solid built GBBR out there.

-The body consists of 6061T6 aluminium which is really tough
-The internals are ALREADY steel parts.
-The Hammer spring is extremely stiff and strong.
-There is a variable stroke BCG that allows you to adjust ROF
-The Hop up system gives you an extremely crazy range.
-Uses WA system mags. ( the Gun only bolt locks on EB, and GHK magazines) Prowins, AGM, G&P, Beta Project, King arms, Western Arms magazines will fit and work, however their bolt does not lock back
-This gun is extremely gas efficent, affordable, and tough.
-It DOES NOT need any upgrades out of the box, nor will you need to.

I hope this video will change your mind
VIPER TECH M4 GBB torture test - YouTube

The only downside is that the gun has super unrealistic trademarks, and the ones with the realistic COLT M4A1 trademarks are for their domestic market in Taiwan.
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 19:12   #41
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Bananaphone.jpg
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 21:18   #42
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with you all. The ViperTech M4 GBBRS are the MOST solid built GBBR out there.

-The body consists of 6061T6 aluminium which is really tough
-The internals are ALREADY steel parts.
-The Hammer spring is extremely stiff and strong.
-There is a variable stroke BCG that allows you to adjust ROF
-The Hop up system gives you an extremely crazy range.
-Uses WA system mags. ( the Gun only bolt locks on EB, and GHK magazines) Prowins, AGM, G&P, Beta Project, King arms, Western Arms magazines will fit and work, however their bolt does not lock back
-This gun is extremely gas efficent, affordable, and tough.
-It DOES NOT need any upgrades out of the box, nor will you need to.

I hope this video will change your mind
VIPER TECH M4 GBB torture test - YouTube

The only downside is that the gun has super unrealistic trademarks, and the ones with the realistic COLT M4A1 trademarks are for their domestic market in Taiwan.
Post some pictures of yours dude! Or is it the one you call a piece of junk?
Old March 3rd, 2013, 22:20   #43
targetGspot

kjw kc-02, put hundreds of rounds through mine with no issues, decent on gas, co2 mags now available as well as full auto kits. keeping mine stock- use it as counter sniper.

Last edited by targetGspot; March 4th, 2013 at 23:25..
targetGspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 00:05   #44
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Post some pictures of yours dude! Or is it the one you call a piece of junk?
Mines on the way here
The peice of junk one isnt a Viper Tech, if it was I wouldnt let it go its like gold
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:40   #45
GODSPEED|seven

It seems to me that GBBR's are a HIT or MISS in terms or reliability (in other words, NO GBBR is RELIABLE).

Everyone is claiming that the WE SCAR is reliable but that the mags leak like hell, well.. I have the exact opposite experience: I've got 4 mags, none of them leak!

On the other hand the SCAR itself -while it looks awesome, is really solid- has not been able to GAME yet..
I test it at home, works perfectly! But twice on the field, loading nozzle has broke down after only 1 mag.

And I can attest to the full-auto crap shooting as well.. every 3rd round seems to simply roll out!?!?

And I haven't been able to find an aluminium or steel loading nozzle to RESOLVE the situation.

After reading 100's of comments and many reviews, I honestly feel that GBBR's are a hit-or-miss.. 1 out of 5 GBBR's are lemons.
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion