Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ghost recon 2

:

Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi

Old August 20th, 2007, 01:52   #1
jaa

ghost recon 2

hey guys, this is probably kinda hard to do, but anyone got ideas on how to build the future warrior program suit? I'm thinking get a layer of under armor to wick sweat covered by desert camo BDUs, then make an armor system using cardboard and camo mesh? Add lots of pockets. The helmet might be kinda difficult, especially with the signature eyepiece.

I estimate about 200 bucks all told. aka far more than I'm willing to pay for a costume. Anyone have better ideas?

We're gonna need more BBS
jaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 02:33   #2
Dr_Tinshnipz

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...+recon+loadout
Might want to check that thread out.

You will be paying more then $200, I payed $300 just for my Tac Vest alone.
Save up for quality gear authentic or knock-off, I'm still buying kit and I started in 2005.

Last edited by Dr_Tinshnipz; August 20th, 2007 at 02:37..
Dr_Tinshnipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 03:47   #3
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA! Cardboard and mesh! Good God kid, you slay me!
Old August 20th, 2007, 04:31   #4
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Doesn't the game use real gear? (real manufacturers, products etc.)

I thought GRAW1 used multicam patterns (could be wrong) but I don't know what specific kind of kit they used.

Personally, I'm still waiting for my copy of GRAW2 (ordered the damn thing at the end of July... better be here by tuesday or I'll be pissed... more so than at the shipping error that caused the delay in the first place...) so I don't know what they use in the sequel.

But if it's all real gear, it shouldn't be hard to replicate the kit... just expensive.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 05:44   #5
philstructo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk
Doesn't the game use real gear? (real manufacturers, products etc.)
Yes they do as far as I know. On the CRYE website it says CRYE Multicam used in Graw.

In GRAW II I have not played it but judgeing by he screen shots it looks like they are wearing ACU I am not 100% shure correct me if I am wrong. If so ACU is dirt cheap I got my set for under $60 but you throw in the crye kneepads that the guy is wearing thats another $100 off ebay. Vest $200 - $?, Pistol Belt $20, Drop leg dump pouch $30, Helmet if you can find one $? I would go with a boonie or a patroll cap, Patch $20, But thats depending on what character you want to have the impresion of. Pistol would have a silencer option and a digital pattern. Rifle I would use a M4 with a Banelli M4 Shotty style sliding stock thermold mag Eotec and a Silencer with a digi pattern paintjob but I dont know about putting a shotgun style stock on a M4.
Now I think thats the most I have ever put into a post. and thats from looking at a few websites and watching a few trailers on youtube.

-Phil

Last edited by philstructo; August 20th, 2007 at 05:48..
philstructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 10:19   #6
jaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA! Cardboard and mesh! Good God kid, you slay me!
I strongly believe in cutting costs wherever possible. We're only stopping .30 gram plastic balls here, not a hoard of angry mexicans.

Old August 20th, 2007, 11:24   #7
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa View Post
I strongly believe in cutting costs wherever possible. We're only stopping .30 gram plastic balls here, not a hoard of angry mexicans.
Think a peice of cardboard is gonna stop a bb going at 350-400fps?
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:50   #8
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
it wont. but it might be neat to see actual battle damage on the armor when ya get shot. not quite the size of bullet holes..

i could imagine an LMG opening up on em though. Hahahah no more armor :P
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:08   #9
jaa

If someone sprays you with an LMG you will have "holy" armor XD

Old August 20th, 2007, 14:12   #10
IRONSIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekk05 View Post
it wont. but it might be neat to see actual battle damage on the armor when ya get shot. not quite the size of bullet holes..

i could imagine an LMG opening up on em though. Hahahah no more armor :P
Not to mention,- I fell down damage, I ran through some branches damage, I was sweating or got wet in the creek damage etc... Then again if someone was to throw a rubber knife at you- it might actually stick!
IRONSIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 14:34   #11
Zekk05

Send a message via ICQ to Zekk05 Send a message via AIM to Zekk05 Send a message via MSN to Zekk05 Send a message via Yahoo to Zekk05
see, cardboard armor promotes milsim :P

hahahaha

i get 'running through branches' damage on my face all the time as it is.
Old August 20th, 2007, 14:41   #12
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Quote:
hey guys, this is probably kinda hard to do, but anyone got ideas on how to build the future warrior program suit? I'm thinking get a layer of under armor to wick sweat covered by desert camo BDUs, then make an armor system using cardboard and camo mesh? Add lots of pockets. The helmet might be kinda difficult, especially with the signature eyepiece.

I estimate about 200 bucks all told. aka far more than I'm willing to pay for a costume. Anyone have better ideas?
Hope It dosen't rain....

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 14:50   #13
Dr_Tinshnipz

Quote:
I strongly believe in cutting costs wherever possible.
Then this isn't the sport/hobby for you, sorry.
Dr_Tinshnipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 18:26   #14
swatt13
Captain Awesome

+1 to that dude, if you cut costs your just cheating yourself.... do you eat your kraft dinner with out the cheese or milk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 19:14   #15
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Oh god... I used to have to eat KD without milk or butter... never live on your own when you're in high school kids, milk your parents pantry for all it's worth, as long as you can...

I don't even buy KD anymore... I get sick just walking past it in IGA...
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi