Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Recommandations for a spring handgun?

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 16th, 2008, 13:58   #1
frzburn

Question Recommandations for a spring handgun?

Hi,
I looked trough the FAQ and newbies posts, but I didn't find what I was looking for.

I'm a total newbie regarding airsoft... I don't know the brands reputation, and I don't know what to look for or avoid in some designs.

I'm simply looking for a spring handgun that I can use indoors when I'm bored during weekends and it's too cold/there's too much snow to get to the shooting range. But I don't want something too cheap either...

Real firearms-wise, I like the 1911 models, particularly those from Kimber. So I would like to find an airsoft pistol that looks like that. I also want to keep it under $100, since it's only for occasional indoor uses. Well maybe I'll get it out sometimes during summer, but I don't plan on playing any wargame with it.

So here's a list for features I'm looking for:
-Spring action
-1911 model
-Removable magazine
-Metal, if possible
-Around 230 fps or more
-Below $100, if possible

Do you have any recommendations? Can you point me a retailer in Canada where I could buy it?

Thanks!
frzburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 14:05   #2
Defcon_Carl
formerly carl05229

the classified section has a few springers within $100 range or less. You need to be age verified first.
Defcon_Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 14:11   #3
frzburn

Yes, I'd like to take a look at these.... but this age-verification thingy...

I'm nowhere near any "representatives", and it sounds like a loss of time to me... Do I really need to prove my age? Won't a photo with my ID do it?
Anyway... I'm sure this must have been discussed and debated enough around here... so forget it.

So, considering I don't have access to the classified section, do you have some specific brand/model I should look for?

Thanks!
Old December 16th, 2008, 14:21   #4
KND
* AV revoked *

huh ! the only good brand shotgun has only in classified unless you want a clear one from WallMart and paint it. That's all you can do right now if you want it so much.

Cheers !
KND

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 14:25   #5
frzburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
huh ! the only good brand shotgun has only in classified unless you want a clear one from WallMart and paint it. That's all you can do right now if you want it so much.

Cheers !
KND
I... have some difficulties understanding what you said... And did I ever mention "shotgun"??
Old December 16th, 2008, 14:28   #6
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by frzburn View Post
I... have some difficulties understanding what you said... And did I ever mention "shotgun"??
What he means is that, without access to the classifieds, your best bet is to buy cheap springers from Wallmart or Canadian Tire.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 14:33   #7
KND
* AV revoked *

Oops ! Sorry, just a little bit mix up from another newbie tank thread. By the way, In classified, there is a few spring gun that about 100 $ range and some of them are one of best spring gun, I mean TM spring gun but you need to verified you age as well to buy it.

If you really need it so much, Wall Mart spring gun really help, too bad they are clear soft but a code of Krylon paint might do the job.

Cheers !
KND

Quote:

Old December 16th, 2008, 14:37   #8
skalnok

age verification is easy, and takes almost no time at all even when living far away from verifiers, just as them to meet you for lunch one day when going out or something
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 14:39   #9
KND
* AV revoked *

By the way, you still can show up at Actio Commando to verify you age as well since there are usually a few verifier show up at the game there. So you should be able to verify your age. That's your best bet to get a good spring handgun otherwise Wall Mart and Canadian Tire clear hand gun is your last choice.

Cheers !
KND

Old December 16th, 2008, 14:40   #10
frzburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
Oops ! Sorry, just a little bit mix up from another newbie tank thread.
It's alright

Yeah, I wish I could have... my age "verified" , but it isn't really an option. Quebec City is a little bit over 200 km from here, and I don't plan on doing that much mileage for an airsoft pistol.

Isn't there any other source where to buy airsoft in Canada other that this forum's classifieds?

EDIT: OK, there has been 2 posts by the time I submitted this one... I really appreciate your suggestions about age verification, but has I've written, 200 km is a lot of mileage for lunch time

And I can't believe there isn't any online retailer in Canada?

Last edited by frzburn; December 16th, 2008 at 14:43.. Reason: Posts were added while submitting mine
Old December 16th, 2008, 14:43   #11
KND
* AV revoked *

I don't think that there will other place you can buy airsoft except from this classified, like I told you before good spring handgun = Verified , Clear soft hand gun = Wall Mart, Canadian tire =Crap

Quote:
It's alright

Yeah, I wish I could have... my age "verified" , but it isn't really an option. Quebec City is a little bit over 200 km from here, and I don't plan on doing that much mileage for an airsoft pistol.

Isn't there any other source where to buy airsoft in Canada other that this forum's classifieds?

Old December 16th, 2008, 14:43   #12
The Saint

Quote:
Essentially no, not if you want a good one, not with the current state of the law.

You might want to consider looking into .177 cal airgun pistols instead.
Old December 16th, 2008, 14:46   #13
frzburn

Jeez, that sucks...

Well, I'll probably go for cheap Canadian Tire's stuff. For the price, I think it's probably worth a try!

Thank you for your help.
Old December 16th, 2008, 14:50   #14
KND
* AV revoked *

Last word, Your welcome.

We are alway be happy to help noob who are not amateur.

By the way, if somehow you can drop by in Montreal. PM me and bring your ID along with ya then you will get what you need but it's just in case you come by but don't bother to PM me if you are not drop by and not showing your ID to me.

It's just a clue to help ya.

Cheers !
KND

Quote:
Jeez, that sucks...

Well, I'll probably go for cheap Canadian Tire's stuff. For the price, I think it's probably worth a try!

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by KND; December 16th, 2008 at 14:56..
Old December 16th, 2008, 15:01   #15
Crunchmeister

Saguenay isn't exactly an area rife with airsofters or age verifiers, so I can understand that not really being an option...

That being said, your options for airsoft guns are pretty slim in Canada outside of the AV areas of this forum. The only thing you're likely to get are clear guns from Cdn Tire, Wal Mart, or sometimes from army surplus, paintball, or outdoors stores. That's what's available, unfortunately.

That being said, you're obviously not looking for a spring pistol to actually play airsoft games. That would be pretty useless. If you're looking for something to shoot for target practice or a showpiece, then a pellet gun is probably a much better option than airsoft.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank