Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

How does an airsoft gun work?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 10th, 2016, 13:40   #1
RickGrimesWho

How does an airsoft gun work?

Hey guys,

So I figured this forum is a good venue to learn things and Im wondering if you guys want to post up some youtube videos or otherwise to teach me how a gun works.

Preferably how AEGs work since I plan to buy one, but gas/spring powered as well because why not.

I know next to nothing so im looking to learn the names of parts and how they operate within from ground up. Im a quick learner

Cheers
RickGrimesWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2016, 13:52   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

At the risk of sounding elitist, you could just google it yourself.
http://www.airsoftct.com/wp-content/uploads/gbv2.gif

AEG:
-trigger is pulled, circuit closes between battery and motor
-motor winds back a set of gears, pulling the piston back
-as the piston is pulled back, the "tappet plate" pulls the air nozzle back, which allows a BB to be chambered
-The gear pulling the piston back is sectored (has a range with no teeth), so once it reaches the rear position, it releases the piston
-once the piston is released, mechanical arm disengages trigger when in semi auto to stop the cycle
-piston compresses air as it moves forward, propelling the BB through the hop rubber (the bit responsible for all the range) and through the barrel

GBBR:
-trigger pulled, releases hammer which opens valve in gas magazine and locks it open
-gas rushes through air nozzle, propelling BB through the hopup and out the barrel
-as gas rushes through the air nozzle, it closes the poppet valve, redirecting the gas backwards into the bolt
-this starts the bolt moving backwards, on the way back it flips a lever which allows the gas valve on the magazine to close. And also resets the trigger.
-on the way back forward, the air nozzle picks up a BB from the magazine and chambers it

Spring:
-you pull the bolt back, piston gets locked into a sear
-push the bolt forward, piston stays in place while the cylinder moves ahead of it
-on it's way forward it picks a BB up out of the magazine and chambers it
-you pull the trigger, piston is released, compresses air as it moves forward shooting the BB through the hop and out the barrel

HPA:
-pull trigger, solenoid opens, compressed air rushes through pushing the BB through the hop and barrel. air nozzle then actuates back and forth to load a BB.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2016, 14:33   #3
Danke

An airsoft gun is an air pump. All versions force air down a tube. Introduce BBs to the tube and they get pumped out too.

Or; airsoft guns are filled with tiny demons that hate humans and they throw the BBs at them. Eventually the hatred extends to the human that owns the gun and the demons sabotage the internals. That's why internal upgrades are so common.
Old August 10th, 2016, 14:45   #4
RickGrimesWho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
At the risk of sounding elitist, you could just google it yourself.
http://www.airsoftct.com/wp-content/uploads/gbv2.gif

AEG:
-trigger is pulled, circuit closes between battery and motor
-motor winds back a set of gears, pulling the piston back
-as the piston is pulled back, the "tappet plate" pulls the air nozzle back, which allows a BB to be chambered
-The gear pulling the piston back is sectored (has a range with no teeth), so once it reaches the rear position, it releases the piston
-once the piston is released, mechanical arm disengages trigger when in semi auto to stop the cycle
-piston compresses air as it moves forward, propelling the BB through the hop rubber (the bit responsible for all the range) and through the barrel

GBBR:
-trigger pulled, releases hammer which opens valve in gas magazine and locks it open
-gas rushes through air nozzle, propelling BB through the hopup and out the barrel
-as gas rushes through the air nozzle, it closes the poppet valve, redirecting the gas backwards into the bolt
-this starts the bolt moving backwards, on the way back it flips a lever which allows the gas valve on the magazine to close. And also resets the trigger.
-on the way back forward, the air nozzle picks up a BB from the magazine and chambers it

Spring:
-you pull the bolt back, piston gets locked into a sear
-push the bolt forward, piston stays in place while the cylinder moves ahead of it
-on it's way forward it picks a BB up out of the magazine and chambers it
-you pull the trigger, piston is released, compresses air as it moves forward shooting the BB through the hop and out the barrel

HPA:
-pull trigger, solenoid opens, compressed air rushes through pushing the BB through the hop and barrel. air nozzle then actuates back and forth to load a BB.
Thanks for the posts guys,

Normally I would just google it myself but I figured I want to get involved in this community a bit and im extremely busy with work at the moment so I thought this would be a way to funnel good/accurate info into one place.

Cheers
Old August 10th, 2016, 15:28   #5
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

1. You put in money, lots
2. You wonder what happened to all your money..

that's the basics of it.
Old August 10th, 2016, 16:51   #6
Forever_kaos

Pixies.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2016, 16:55   #7
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
1. You put in money, lots
2. You wonder what happened to all your money..

that's the basics of it.
LMFAO
And also
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=166583
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; August 10th, 2016 at 16:59..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2016, 19:48   #8
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Yeah I was gonna say this. Use the link.
Old August 10th, 2016, 20:15   #9
RickGrimesWho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
good thread thank you
Old September 9th, 2016, 00:13   #10
Paul E.Falcon

Hi,
AEG’s are battery powered guns and uses electric motor for the working of the piston. It has both the version of full automatic and semi automatic fire. To know the working of airsoft AEG gearbox, check out this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IApidGUsAGI . If you are buying one, don’t opt for AEG ak-47 as it will be a loss of money.
If you are looking forward to buy at a low cost, then I would suggest https://mach1airsoft.com/?s=AEG&post_type=product for more details.

Hope I could help you. If you have any more queries, please do ask. I am glad to help you.

Thank you.
Paul E.Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 00:24   #11
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

This is a question for Marui Man: https://youtu.be/qjdP4pQFHoY
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 00:48   #12
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E.Falcon View Post
Hi,
AEG’s are battery powered guns and uses electric motor for the working of the piston. It has both the version of full automatic and semi automatic fire. To know the working of airsoft AEG gearbox, check out this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IApidGUsAGI . If you are buying one, don’t opt for AEG ak-47 as it will be a loss of money.
If you are looking forward to buy at a low cost, then I would suggest https://mach1airsoft.com/?s=AEG&post_type=product for more details.

Hope I could help you. If you have any more queries, please do ask. I am glad to help you.

Thank you.
With the risk of sounding elitist, how are AEG AK-47's a loss of money? Did you literally sign up an account just to make this reply?
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 09:04   #13
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

That Marui video never gets old, always makes me want an M16 lol.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 09:11   #14
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

not sure if bot or 12 year old.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion