Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Seller dispute "Qlong"

:

General

Old August 14th, 2010, 19:44   #16
CanadianBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13 View Post

plus dont fret the package will turn up. ive had packages get lost, wind up provinces away, sit on counters under blankets, left in the vehicle, slide under seats, stacked behind other parcel - all sorts of wierd stuff and ive gotten them all in the end

This is somewhat reassuring. I'll just have to wait then. Let it be a lesson to all for sure.
CanadianBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 21:22   #17
Lakonian
kos

Lon is a great guy. I've trained with him, and have dealt with him numerous times. I think you should relax. He'll get the job done.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 21:48   #18
Rugger_can

Wow.. what compassion on all parts.

Sorry to hear CP screwed you, with luck it might turn up as Ive had similar things happen with CP and have them show up weeks to months late. However airing your grievance with qlong here is not the correct path as he has done everything he possibly can.

However I am going to be the only one to say this. Shipping without insurance and signature even when not requested is a dickish move and smacks of a kind of cheapness that is unacceptable when dealing within a community of people who value respect and honesty.

Sure Qlong did the bare minimum he had too and Im sure he's a great guy, but lets hope that in the future people recognize that their miser attitude can cost other people dearly.

Cheers
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 23:30   #19
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post

However I am going to be the only one to say this. Shipping without insurance and signature even when not requested is a dickish move and smacks of a kind of cheapness that is unacceptable when dealing within a community of people who value respect and honesty.

Sure Qlong did the bare minimum he had too and Im sure he's a great guy, but lets hope that in the future people recognize that their miser attitude can cost other people dearly.

Cheers
So because the buyer doesn't ask for insurance and doesn't include the extre for insurance, that money, however small should come out of the sellers pockets? I think you'll find most people won't play that one for reasons of principle alone
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 23:34   #20
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger_can View Post
Wow.. what compassion on all parts.

Sorry to hear CP screwed you, with luck it might turn up as Ive had similar things happen with CP and have them show up weeks to months late. However airing your grievance with qlong here is not the correct path as he has done everything he possibly can.

Cheers
To his defense, he stated 300 shipped. Unless he said, 300 shipped xpress and insured, I would expect the seller to ship it snail mail and not FedEx next morning priority. There are reasonable expectations. However, I'm not going to argue.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 23:43   #21
venture

I have long wondered what happens when this happens. If you understand that.

I usually put insurance on the things that I sell, but most people here seem to be of the opinion that it is the buyers responsibility.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:11   #22
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
So because the buyer doesn't ask for insurance and doesn't include the extre for insurance, that money, however small should come out of the sellers pockets? I think you'll find most people won't play that one for reasons of principle alone

I guess I hold myself accountable to a higher standard when in my private and business dealings. I'd rather eat the 5-10 bucks it costs me to do something right and protect against others incompetence and negligence then argue the merits of who asked for what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
To his defense, he stated 300 shipped. Unless he said, 300 shipped xpress and insured, I would expect the seller to ship it snail mail and not FedEx next morning priority. There are reasonable expectations. However, I'm not going to argue.

The addition of four dollars and ninety five cents to a shipping total to ensure that the parcel is not drop shipped (1.50 for signature) and insured (3.45 cents approximately) for this package is NOT "unreasonable" this is quoted for standard shipping through normal channels.

Again, obviously I hold myself accountable to a higher standard then others and I am just speaking from my opinion on how I would conduct myself (and have done so in the past). Honesty is paramount in life.

Last edited by Rugger_can; August 19th, 2010 at 07:18..
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:30   #23
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Qlong did all he's supposed to do, though, I personally always fully insure everything I sell at my expense (which has never cost me more than like $5) just in case I end up in this predicament
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:43   #24
VooDooPeteK

Package looks to have been delivered so all should be good now
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 09:47   #25
Drake
E-01

Considering it's been two days and the OP's been on since, it'd be nice if he posted an update.
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:09   #26
lordnordeth

Just checked the tracking number, and it shows as having been successfully delivered.
lordnordeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:33   #27
Qlong
Division

I've been monitoring this thread for a while now and I must add I do ship higher priced item insured. I have never lost an item by the hands of CP, and did not feel the need to ship this item insured and I understood all consequences going that route. All my larger packages unable to fit into a mail recepticle are NOT SAFE DROPPED and have the option of being picked up at the PO directly. The Electronic shipping tools on CP is a nice feature as one or two gun sales ended up being wandering off-forum and I had the option of choosing "Proof of Age (18+) Upon Delivery".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBeast
Hey Lon, gun showed up just now. Sorry for the impatience, glad its overwith now, lol.

Thanks again for bearing with me,

--- Stephan S
Anyhoo this was the package, and in the end, Mr. CanadianBeast received his package undamaged and all is well.

Weee!

Last edited by Qlong; August 20th, 2010 at 10:38..
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:40   #28
DarkAngel
* Age Verifier status suspended *

Send a message via MSN to DarkAngel
Qlong is a stand up guy.
Though his comms are a little lacking atm (partially because his house is a cell blackout area due to all the trees and shit).

Let me put it this way.
I picked up a bunch of spare G&P parts he had laying around, thought he was supposed to come see me last weekend to drop it off, he couldnt make it (which i found semi annoying cause I still cant reach him).

However, he shipped it to me, no charge. I havent even paid for the items yet lol.

Edit : Long, ya bastard! Call me so I can work out what I owe you! lol.

Certified Sniper Clinic Instructor and Counter Sniper
Sentinel Arms Customs - Specializing In Unique, One of a kind guns
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 17:06   #29
Drake
E-01

Good to hear, although it would have been nice hearing from CanadianBeast given all the drama he was quick to stir up. When he finally gets it, he just forgets about this thread?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General