Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M4 on a budget, what would be the best M4 at around $250 max $275 ?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 23rd, 2014, 19:02   #1
Jagd
Jagdalex

M4 on a budget, what would be the best M4 at around $250 max $275 ?

Hi guys,

Since a couple of years I am sticking mainly with springer and GBB, I am a bit out of the loop in term of AEG and in this case a budget AEG.

Looking to get an AEG for my GF, she will start playing outside this summer. She might play 3-4 times max,and I am not sure if she would like it (She loves IPSC, but getting shot at, maybe that will be another story! ) so I am not looking to pay more than $300 for it Tx and shipping include.

What I am looking for preferably:

- Crane stock (no battery in the foregrip or Peq box if possible)
- Lightweight but metal if possible
- Front RIS (attaching a front grip will help her)
- Decent internals and gearbox, need to have metal bushings at the very least

That being said I saw this: http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...oducts_id=1651

It seems to be a really good package, dead on to what I am looking for, but I have seen some mixed reviews about it. On the website the reviews are amazing but if you look at other retailers review about the gun and on youtube, not so much... Maybe if some ASC members who bought it can testify if it's worth it or not that would be great!

There is also King arms and G&G, that have budget M4, are they better than the Dboy?:

http://www.ventureairsoft.ca/item.ph...71298b79887556

http://www.ventureairsoft.ca/item.ph...d7ab7515a85089

EDIT: Any other M4 that you guys would have in mind, shoot me a link. If there is one at 300$ also that would be WAY AHEAD in term of quality/price I am interested, it's not $25-50$ that will make a HUGE difference, if I could get something much better...

Last edited by Jagd; February 23rd, 2014 at 19:30..
Jagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 19:15   #2
Danke

King Arms is the one.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 20:20   #3
Scouser

Ics-160

M4 ris with crane stock.
About 230 for the nylon body version, one of the retailers in Toronto area has it. Split gearbox design makes it very easy to work on and transition from am indoor gun to an outdoor gun
Old February 23rd, 2014, 20:30   #4
Jagd
Jagdalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
Ics-160

M4 ris with crane stock.
About 230 for the nylon body version, one of the retailers in Toronto area has it. Split gearbox design makes it very easy to work on and transition from am indoor gun to an outdoor gun
You have the link by any chance?
Old February 23rd, 2014, 20:35   #5
SuperCriollo

Go with a metal bodied one, otherwise you will regret it later once you start upgrading, trust me :P

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 20:35   #6
ecnerual

Go king arms ! Its the best for the long run !
ecnerual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 20:39   #7
Jagd
Jagdalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecnerual View Post
Go king arms ! Its the best for the long run !
Yah that's what I am probably going to do and Venture has a really good price on them. Will stick a an Aimpoint red dot and my GF will be happy! Hehehe

She does not like the ICS one with the weird stock anyway...you know girls, if she does not like the look...she will not play! Hehehe
Old February 23rd, 2014, 20:48   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I know some guys like that.
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:27   #9
Jbone 11 11

G&G's entry level M4's are pretty good value for the money. They have come a long way on the internals as well as the shiny bits on the outside. If its a intro AEG, and shit dosen't work out, then you're not out a ton of cash. I've gamed the G&G Raider L and gamed it hard for about 3 years....ran 11.1 /20C lipo's and it never skipped a beat. Fed amazingly, shot fast and accurate (I did invest in a prometheus tightbore....). I sold it last year because I thought I wanted a change in platform....I regret that decision.

The body is ABS comp....not the crap plastics like a lot of the older/other plastics out there and as such it is strong. In some cases I'd say stronger and way more forgiving than some metal bodies out there. Keep in mind, some of the cheaper full metal modies are the cheap cast-type and relatively brittle. I have busted 2 such metal bodies from rough play....I have not busted the ABS body. Much lighter too, so if its for the GF that might be the way to go.

G&G GR-16 is like $170 all in. They can be bought just about anywhere. Badlands, Gorilla Surplus....lots of places. And I have found the G&G to be good with different mags as oppose to a D-boys M4 I had first which was a little Biatch when it came to some makes.

That said, King arms is also good. There are some King Arms M4's out there that are branded as Cyber Gun (a economy branding) but the internals are the same as the "official" King Arms M4's. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about the airsoft branding practises can correct me on that if I am worng. Princess Auto has them from time to time at around the $250 mark.
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:35   #10
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Colt on Duty.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/colt-on-.../6000057190318

Walmart works too..

Not a M4 but..

G&G Scar CQB, $260

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/fn-scar-.../6000057190476
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:46   #11
slowbird

I got that same model KA M4A1 from Venture but I did the spring swap myself.

Even with the lower spring it still shoots too hot for most fields (over 400fps).

I've been running mine all winter and love it. I did a couple changes to it but she runs good and last time I opened up the box everything looked real good inside.
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:57   #12
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

King Arms
Old February 24th, 2014, 11:48   #13
K3vX

First,

8) No posting of guns or 18+ items outside of specified areas
There will be no posting of guns or other 18+ items for sale or looking for in Signatures or other areas where you don't need to be age verified.

That includes web links to 18+ items being sold.

Second,

I got the King Arms and I'm extremely satisfied with it. Added a rail, removed the carry handle, slapped optics. Externals are near stock.

For 200$ you can't go wrong with that body. Trades are nice enough. The higher tier would be G&G and VFC which bodies ONLY cost more than the KA.

K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 12:07   #14
Jbone 11 11

LOL....yeah I thought posting links would be Verboten....that's why I played 'er safe and just mentioned the store names.

K3...is that the KA with the Nylon body? I reckon those and the G&G GR series are about on par.
@Slowbird...yeah good point about the spring in the Full Metal KA being hot. I have not chrono'd the one I have yet and fear that it will be shooting hot as well. I wonder if the Nylon body ones are the same??
Jbone 11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 14:55   #15
Jagd
Jagdalex

Nope it's a metal body one, tks for your feedback guys...KA seems to win handsdown... Heck I am even thinking about getting one for myself now :-\

K3 tell me where did you got that front RIS and was is it a drop in to install !?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone 11 11 View Post
LOL....yeah I thought posting links would be Verboten....that's why I played 'er safe and just mentioned the store names.

K3...is that the KA with the Nylon body? I reckon those and the G&G GR series are about on par.
@Slowbird...yeah good point about the spring in the Full Metal KA being hot. I have not chrono'd the one I have yet and fear that it will be shooting hot as well. I wonder if the Nylon body ones are the same??

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion