Airsoft Canada
https://www.cachetactical.ca/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

local opinions

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 7th, 2017, 11:41   #1
BL4ZZ3R73553
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
local opinions

So, ive been doing TONS of research on which sidearm will best suit me, lots of people,forums, places have been saying hicapas or glocks, well for some reason from a retail point of view, most sidearms that look decent are soldout... i dont understand why but whatever,

the few that i have found i need an opinion on quality and price point.

we glock 18c 204.95
we glock 23 189.99
we glock 26 199.95

ive never used we, so aside from kids on youtube and some decent written reviews, anyone here have any thoughts on this?
BL4ZZ3R73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:16   #2
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
every WE I've had I wished I had not spent $$ on or won as a prize. Paperweights all of them.

Save up a bit more and get a TM.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:27   #3
BL4ZZ3R73553
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
every WE I've had I wished I had not spent $$ on or won as a prize. Paperweights all of them.

Save up a bit more and get a TM.
what were your issues? just breaking down, reliability?

part of the issue for me, is finding someone that actually stocks it... obviously importing one is not an option but most of my research for online retailers has wielded zero results. given i dont wanna break rules till im verified so, more on that later i guess

Last edited by BL4ZZ3R73553; December 7th, 2017 at 12:33..
BL4ZZ3R73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:43   #4
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
falling apart, lack of parts comparability (they were suppose to be TM compatible, turns out they were not.

Several Canadian Retailers stock TM, at least the ones I tend to deal with do.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:59   #5
BL4ZZ3R73553
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
falling apart, lack of parts comparability (they were suppose to be TM compatible, turns out they were not.

Several Canadian Retailers stock TM, at least the ones I tend to deal with do.
they are not tm compatible? so they are just incredibly poor quality? im assuming that based off of supposed to be tm compatible but aren't?

well i need to get verified a.s.a.p i def wanna pick up an 18c going to attempt today *fingers crossed*
BL4ZZ3R73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 13:01   #6
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
the newer ones are better quality then their first ones, and some people love them.
Personally for $100 more, I would just get a TM.
Some parts are, several key ones are not.

What part of the country are you from? update your profile, might be able to direct to some local options.
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 13:15   #7
BL4ZZ3R73553
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
the newer ones are better quality then their first ones, and some people love them.
Personally for $100 more, I would just get a TM.
Some parts are, several key ones are not.

What part of the country are you from? update your profile, might be able to direct to some local options.
southern alberta (calgary)

100$ more might be that piece of mind rather than risking the w.e crapping out i guess. kinda unfortunate, at first glance it looks decent.
BL4ZZ3R73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 15:16   #8
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4ZZ3R73553 View Post
southern alberta (calgary)

100$ more might be that piece of mind rather than risking the w.e crapping out i guess. kinda unfortunate, at first glance it looks decent.
If you are close to 007 there is 2 age verifiers that work there (Ken being one of them).
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 22:31   #9
blazzer73553
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Southern Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
If you are close to 007 there is 2 age verifiers that work there (Ken being one of them).
im hopefully gonna be going there tomorrow assuming the day goes as planned.
blazzer73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 01:51   #10
BenG
 
BenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Calgary
WE: good ideas shitty metal, TM all day every day
__________________
Administrator for Calgary Airsoft -click here

Age Verifier ~ Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I think that's the direction I should have gone with this one though.
gen1 - I can't see shit
gen2 - I see LOTS of green, but not many people
gen3 - Nobody wants to play with me because I'm an elitist asshole now
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 01:57   #11
blazzer73553
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Southern Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
falling apart, lack of parts comparability
does this standard go for ALL we or just the glocks? they seem to have alot of product, is it really that bad? like m&p9, p22X, 1911's etc? is we just crap, end of story?
blazzer73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 03:41   #12
shelcoof
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Love my HK3/WE Glocks
Been pretty reliable for quit some time.
Sure there were issues here and there but nothing that can't be remedied.

With Airsoft your almost guaranteed issues.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 10:53   #13
BloodSport
Traveling Man
 
BloodSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
Love my HK3/WE Glocks
Been pretty reliable for quit some time.
Sure there were issues here and there but nothing that can't be remedied.

With Airsoft your almost guaranteed issues.
Have 3 stock TM's that I've yet to have to repair anything on since the day I got them all pre 2008. TM's are well known to run flawlessly for years if you do not mod them, with quality Airsoft your pretty much guaranteed no issues. Buy a clone that they fuck with the original to "make it better" and your statement runs truer. lol
__________________
Saskatchewan Age Verifier! Contact for more Info.
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:31   #14
blazzer73553
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Southern Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
Have 3 stock TM's that I've yet to have to repair anything on since the day I got them all pre 2008. TM's are well known to run flawlessly for years if you do not mod them, with quality Airsoft your pretty much guaranteed no issues. Buy a clone that they fuck with the original to "make it better" and your statement runs truer. lol
well, took everyones advice. found a tm 18c, on thee way. effing hard guns to find.

did some all night review homework, seems like the tm issues are minimal to none, most causes of problems from my research were either wear and tare and it was LONG down the road from the few reviews i read or it was a lack of maintenance, meanwhile there were a few with good things to say about the we, and lots... lots of reviews saying bad things about the we. so, from that and your guys opinions, tm it is.


* now i gotta decide on my primary...*
blazzer73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 13:56   #15
Okawesome
 
Okawesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Toronto, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzer73553 View Post
well, took everyones advice. found a tm 18c, on thee way. effing hard guns to find.



did some all night review homework, seems like the tm issues are minimal to none, most causes of problems from my research were either wear and tare and it was LONG down the road from the few reviews i read or it was a lack of maintenance, meanwhile there were a few with good things to say about the we, and lots... lots of reviews saying bad things about the we. so, from that and your guys opinions, tm it is.





* now i gotta decide on my primary...*


The Maple Armouries SBR is new on the scene and looks like an absolute steal from a price to performance standpoint. If I were to buy a new M4 today it would be this rifle. Make sure you add it to your list for consideration.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://www.cachetactical.ca/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.