Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SWAT FireArms

:

SWAT/Police

Old May 5th, 2006, 15:48   #1
Segainc.ca

SWAT FireArms

Hey Guys;

I don't know where to start, but, I coordinate a group of Police Extras/Special Skills team for the movies in Eastern Canada.

We're all good when it comes to SWAT Gear...

*BUT* We need to update our firearms. Looking for recommendations as to good companies to buy from the USA. We can import without a problem as we hold a Theatrical firearms license for prohibited devices (which Airsoft is)

We are not interested in the firm power of the guns... We're interested more in the shotguns being rackable (and shell ejection for effect), Sig9mm that have blow back, and MP-5's that look and feel authentic.

Wondering what recomendations are out there for who to purchase from, what guns look and feel real, and, any other words of wisdom.

Thanks.

K9Cop.
Segainc.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 15:55   #2
BC_K
Banned

With the permits your claim to have, can you not import blank firing firearms?
BC_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 16:01   #3
Travdude

www.Rap4.com sells paintball guns that eject copper shell casings... just simply put the shells in the mag and no paintballs.

handgun:http://rap4.com/paintball/os/series-...1_158_301.html

MP5:http://rap4.com/paintball/os/series-...21_158_80.html

M4:http://rap4.com/paintball/os/series-...21_158_82.html
Old May 5th, 2006, 22:01   #4
Segainc.ca

About the permits "I claim to have" we are permitted to carry anything up to automatic weapons on set. I can understand the doubting people that we're permitted, but, sorry, we are.

The price difference between a $250 permit from the Gun Registry and the $1250 permit from the Gun Registry was the difference of carrying automatics vs props. But, from searches of the net, I haven't really found any blank firing weapon that I was satisified with. We could carry the real thing, but, that's not prudent when we deal with background extras that can't even figure out how to put a holster on. So safety puts us into Airsoft. I guess because we did a take down last year for a Movie of the Week shot here, and, had Air Soft guns that looked pretty damn real. So, we figured that we'd stick with Airsoft.

I like the looks of the Paintball guns, but, in equipping a 8 member team it might be a bit prohibitive.

My bigger questions are if we should purchase Gas versus AEG, and, if people can make a recommendation as to a specific model. We've looked at the Softair stuff, and, had conversations with them. (Their sales rep is trying to hook us up with the European Manufacturer to import without tips because of the theatrical reason)
Segainc.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 16:44   #5
hearty

Nice MP5.
hearty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 20:17   #6
tunabreath

for shotguns, marushin produces shell ejecting Mossberg M500 Shortys and M1100s.

Besides those RAP guns, you probably aren't going to find any automatic paintball or airsoft guns that eject shells (and the RAP shells aren't correctly sized anyways, so they'd look pretty bad on film).

Last edited by tunabreath; October 24th, 2006 at 20:43..
tunabreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 20:37   #7
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Better stick with airsoft and CG the shells at the same time as the musle flash and smoke.

That's what they do on Stargate.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 17:31   #8
hearty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
for shotguns, marushin produces shell ejecting Mossberg M500 Shortys and M1100s.

Besides those RAP guns, you probably aren't going to find any automatic paintball or airsoft guns that eject shells (and the RAP shells aren't correctly sized anyways, so they'd look pretty bad on film).
It could look good at a angle, but other then that, it won't llok ggod.
hearty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 20:48   #9
Laike

The TM P226's gbb's should work wonders for your Sig 9mm needs. You may find it a bit too big for smaller actors though. Then again, My hands are tiny, and I use a p226 anyways. Metal slides/frames are up to you. I hear the KJW ones are kinda shotty. Either they work really well, or they're complete lemons. I suggest sticking to TM.
Laike is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > SWAT/Police