Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ACM Magpul UBR Stock (Replica)

:

Reviews

Old April 5th, 2012, 21:20   #1
CrAzy AziAn

ACM Magpul UBR Stock (Replica)

So, this is my first review on anything. I hope its somewhat decent. Anyways...

The Backstory
I wanted a UBR stock for my WE 416. (Thank Pimpmygun.com for that) As I wanted something more then the standard LE Carbine stock. Searching alot, finding Magpul PTS versions, which sell for about $150 and the RS about $250. Didn't like the price of either (being the azian I am) and did research on less expensive reps. Came across the ACM one, which people have said have a buffer tube that fits the WE stock threads. (WAHOO) That being the selling point I ordered one from Airsoftpartshop.ca Bigbuzz666 was kind enough to PM me when he had them in stock and about 10 minutes later it was paid for. And shipped later that day. (Awesome guy)

Unboxing
Shipped Xpresspost on Tuesday April 3rd, and arrived at my door today April 5th, I opened the box. First thing, it was wrapped in newpaper. (Not a problem, its a stock, not your grandma's china collection). WHICH WAS A FINISHED CROSSWORD. (You bastard )

In the box
ACM Magpul UBR stock in Black
GBBR Buffer tube
AEG Buffer tube
Bag of spare screws
Two cheek risers. (Fat and skinny)
Did not come with instructions but thats what Youtube is for

Installation
Follows the same installation as the RS one. The buffer tube screws in perfectly with the stock thread and the molded stop ring stops exactly with the retention button.

The buffer tube is longer then the stock WE one and washers will be required to stop the bolt carrier from getting stuck in the buffer tube!!!

I used 5/16" washers about 10 of them from Home Depot $1.10

Final Summation
If you're looking for a cheaper then real stock, but still think that $150 is a bit much for an airsoft version then the ACM is right up your alley - you cheap mofos

RS = $250
ACM = $60 + $1 in washers

CrAzy AziAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 23:24   #2
-=ArchAngel=-

how does it feel?
hows the finish?
Any wobble?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 00:01   #3
CrAzy AziAn

Sorry :S

No wobble. Its polymer plastic, same material that the WE G36 is made of. Changing positions, the lock is solid. Isn't going to change on me. All the quick detach points for sling mounts are ambidextrous, as well as the little compartment in the stock. Unfortunately I do not have the RS to compare the two.
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:04   #4
Rookie Ab
a.k.a. Kody_1

I have 3, RS,ACM,and the PTS and that is the same order I rate them in for fit and function.

Rookie Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:07   #5
5kull

I have the same stock on my aeg and I love it. Is it as good as the real one, probably not. But it is very well made and I would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend. In fact, one of my friends is an armorer, when he saw mine he purchased one for his 22 rifle and it worked out very well
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:26   #6
Drake
E-01

I have one too, also from Airsoftpartshop.

It's excellent for the price. I got mine in FDE and the color matches my realsteel MIADs better than a genuine non-PTS Magpul CTR (go figure).

For the spacers, the buffer tube on the UBR is exactly the same length as the WE and any RS buffer tube: you need to re-use the plastic/rubber spacer inside the WE's (or buy a spare one). It's in there snugly and you'll have to tap the buffer tube a few times to get it out (or pry it out with a small screwdriver from the rear).

I suppose the washers will do the job, but I don't know if that rubber spacer is supposed to absorb impact (it's that kind of material); using hard metal washers may result in damage in the long run.

Spacer in question:
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:34   #7
Aper
E-30

I agree for the buffer spacer. It's not a coincidence if the spacer is made of hard rubber, and so does the head of the buffer itself.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:53   #8
5kull

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiu View Post
Do you fit a lipo and a mosfet in the ACM one? I am tempted to get one, but not sure if it would fit both a lipo AND a mosfet in the stock T.T.
I'm using a lipo in a peq box and a programmable board.
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 14:08   #9
w1lp33

Depends on the size of the MOSFET. I have a ubr ptw, and I can fit a king arms 11.1 15c 1100mah lipo in with the (mini version) ptw MOSFET... Tight fit, but it works.
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 16:22   #10
CrAzy AziAn

Awesome! Thanks Drake.
Old May 24th, 2012, 15:21   #11
Merek

so i bought the Magpul PTS UBR stock off of Airsoftparts.ca and now i realize it does not come with the buffer tube adapter or whatever you want to call it and the ubr does not go on properly as theres a good inch or so that it slides back until it hits the screw head, or is the pts version of the ubr installed differently on aeg's?
Merek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 15:44   #12
jamex

I believe there are 2 separate versions for GBB and AEG for the Magpul PTS UBR. Maybe you got the wrong one?

If you check the first picture in this thread, the buffer tube at the very top is for GBB. The smaller tube and screw below it is for AEG. the tube looking thing on the right is actually not a tube but a different cheekrest you can install. If you got a threaded buffer tube that screws in the like the very top one, thats the GBB version.

Last edited by jamex; May 24th, 2012 at 15:48..
jamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 15:55   #13
Merek

the only items in the box where the ones pictured here, no buffer tube of any type gbbr or aeg was included. link: http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1833

Last edited by Merek; May 24th, 2012 at 16:05..
Old May 24th, 2012, 16:33   #14
jamex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merek View Post
the only items in the box where the ones pictured here, no buffer tube of any type gbbr or aeg was included. link: http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=1833
Hmm, I've got the ACM so I can't say for sure if there's a missing part or not. Try some youtube videos and if that doesn't help or it indeed looks like something is missing, shoot jugglez and email and I'm sure you'll get sorted out.
jamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 20:07   #15
Merek

Yea so apparently the PTS version of the UBR requires an after market Installation Kit...way to go magpul....way to go...for the future anyone looking to get this stock, save the headache, buy the ACM for 60 bucks that comes with a gbbr and aeg buffer tube, and avoid the PTS that magpul in their infinite wisdom decided to sell for 200 bucks and without the buffer tube (making it usless as you cannot attach it properly). I need to go lay down and take an advil.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews