Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

How much money have you thrown into airsoft?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 8th, 2014, 13:05   #31
j_march

Holy, Brian has me beat I'd say. I only started playing in early 2010 really though. Maybe late 2009.
Old February 8th, 2014, 13:18   #32
Canadian Psycho
Personal Mule.....PM for rates!

Send a message via MSN to Canadian Psycho
i figure to be in the $25 000 group, plus or minus a little.

it easy to spend lots in this sport, especially once you get into legit gear, RS optics, PTWs, and night vision. And highly customized TM pistols. Worth every penny though.

Last edited by Canadian Psycho; February 8th, 2014 at 13:36..
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 13:59   #33
mcguyver

No less than $50,000. Definately.

No more than $100,000. Probably.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 14:09   #34
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Yeah, after you 90th Systema, the costs start piling up. Mac has the same penchant for high end real-steel gear that I do. Probably more so, to be accurate.
Old February 8th, 2014, 14:15   #35
halifax1977
^ Boring user name, and look he's old!!

After 16 years of buying airsoft guns and stuff I can't post a number here. I fear my wife would leave me if she ever really knew.
halifax1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 14:49   #36
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by halifax1977 View Post
After 16 years of buying airsoft guns and stuff I can't post a number here. I fear my wife would leave me if she ever really knew.
For a few guys like me, Poncho and a few others here that goes back to before 1995, we are on the "HOW MUCH DID YOU SPEND??" list which means that if our wives ever discover the actual amount we are totally FUBAR. Me personally I did a quickie calculation on what I spent on airsoft back in 2001 I was shocked that even at 2001 I could have actually bought a BNIB M3 with all the money I've spent from when I started airsoft here in Canada to 2001 that is excluding the retailling stuff just personal shit.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 14:51   #37
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Yeah, after you 90th Systema, the costs start piling up. Mac has the same penchant for high end real-steel gear that I do. Probably more so, to be accurate.
It's almost reaching the level of either insanity or stupidity back then when you look at it, at one point I actually have 6 PTW sitting around, 2 of each length 1, stock/modified the other as backup.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 15:19   #38
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

They're just such a great platform to build upon. They still are, but back when AEGs could only fit airsoft parts, and you wanted a real-steel build. Forget about it. I myself have only had three completely different Systema PTWs, and only two at one time. I suppose a lot of our money gets "reinvested", that's how the wives stay oblivious. My wife on the other hand works at our bank, so she does all the bills, payments, and cash allocation, so hiding spending is difficult. That being said, I wouldn't have been able to afford nearly as much without her.

On a side note, my original mech-box from 8 years ago is in my current Systema, which I'm selling. That mech-box has seen well over 500,000 rounds I'm sure. Only change was on 08' trigger for electronics upgrading.

And of course thanks to MacGuyver, my guns have always been tip-top.

Last edited by Ricochet; February 8th, 2014 at 15:22..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 15:23   #39
hot_shot under fire
AKA M700murder

$8,000.00 this year alone according to Paypal... 1 gun (WE HK416), the rest is all tactical nylon, combats and some replica optics/lights... Another $2,000.00 spent in cash/credit cards.

My parents are PISSED
hot_shot under fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 15:27   #40
Mcbain500

$1735 fully kitted.
and I don't need anything other than bb's

Last edited by Mcbain500; February 8th, 2014 at 15:55..
Mcbain500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 15:31   #41
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
probably 15 000

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 15:43   #42
FreelancerInc

ive been playing for 3 full years and i dont wanna talk about it lol. i just ordered a pouch from the usa that you cant buy in canada for roughly 80$ with shipping
Old February 8th, 2014, 15:58   #43
mr_nuts31

Doing the math in my head, I just realized my airsoft spending isn't that bad. I played at least 4 years now and I spent overall about $5000 over the years in guns and kit. Most of my big investments are the guns themselves, once you get something high quality, the maitenence cost is not as high. As for gear, I'm a simple man when it comes to gear. Have a camo set or 2 in different colors to differentiate teams, have a good load bearing setup, get some decent eye protection, and I'm good. It's not as bad as you think money wise, although the current record for airsoft spending is Brian, but I'm sure you wrote them off as business expenses.
mr_nuts31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 16:04   #44
bizkilter

All told, sub 8k..
Old February 8th, 2014, 18:01   #45
zzzzsleepy8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
A few load-outs... and a few purchase mistakes along the way, also.

ATACS FG clothing isn't/wasn't cheap at time of purchase. I use ATACS FG primarily, at my local field - but I've also got a couple other sets of BDU's that were bought new or found at second-hand clothing shops.

Most of my webbing is Condor. Fairly inexpensive given the quality and recreational intention of use. I have an OD setup for spring/fall, and another lighter OD setup for the summer high-heat, along with all of the weapons and accessories specific pouches necessary (Interchangeable between two rigs - not duplicating them for cost reasons!). I also have a black themed setup for possible indoor/OPFOR/PMC styled use, again with pouches specific to several weapons and accessories. Pouch costs can also add up, if you include holsters, back-packs, hydration carriers, etc, etc. Two different helmet replica styles are included - I use only one of them.. One was a mistake purchase, as i ended up not liking it's style and fit all that much for airsoft.. it's been relegated to a mountain-biking brain-bucket, so no cost-wastage there. Good ankle supporting combat boots i already had, from my motorcycling hobby.

Eye-pro, which i count as gear, was cumulatively around $500.00-$600.00 including good quality full-seal goggles, plus a prescription for a set of lenses and insert for shooting-glasses, including the shooting glasses...

If you keep it minimal and basic.. under $1000.00 is certainly a reasonable and attainable goal for gear costs.

My original estimated costs for gear might even be on the conservative side, given further thought into it. I've also bought ancillary items like a sleeping bag, primus stove, flashlight, etc for this hobby.
For myself, I guess I'm not that hardcore into the airsoft matches nowadays. I don't actually have any gear at all now. My current m4 is merely but a wall hanger/decoration. All my actual airsofting was done a decade ago and I was one of those noobs who just had a mask and a hat, and wore normal albiet baggier clothes. Not exactly milsim. That was it. Since college, I've been doing all my 'milsim' on the computer with PC games like Medal of Honor, etc lol.

I'd love to get back into airsofting someday, and when I do I'll think about proper gear. But I'd prob go for the minimalist SF look, where you basically have a vest on and wear whatever else you want. So it will be cheap too lol.
zzzzsleepy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion