Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA M93r NS2 upgrades

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 13th, 2011, 12:25   #1
MultipleParadox

Question KWA M93r NS2 upgrades

Hi all,
I've been searching quite a lot about available upgrades for this gun and haven't seen much. Also looked out for info about the actual internals to compare with aftermarket parts but couldn't find much on this either, so I can't tell if the aftermarket is the same or better than the stock parts.

One thing I'd be interested in is a metal outer barrel. I saw a slide + barrel metal kit, but it wasn't quite clear if it would really fit the KWA NS2 model, and I don't need the slide as mine is aluminium already.

Anyone knows if there's such an upgrade somewhere?

Also would consider a harder recoil spring; The "kick" is not so much of a kick right now :P I'm wondering if another gun's spring would do, as a spring's a spring ain't it?

I'm taker for any upgrade info anyways, so... comment away!

Thanks

MP
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:29   #2
Disco_Dante

KWA ns2 series guns don't really have any upgrades available. They're usually pretty damn good performers out of the box though. You can get a tightbore at kwausa.com, as well as get spare parts there, but that's about it. Any m93r upgrades you find are for the old version of the M93r, unless it specifically says System 7 or NS2 in the description.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 14:29   #3
MultipleParadox

Thanks for your answer
You mentioning Kwa usa made me go there and take a look at their forums (and also lost an 1hour and a half there :P) It's now clear there's like no upgrades at all unfortunately... I find this quite strange as there's a lot of people asking for them... oh well, maybe one day

Thanks

MP
Old April 13th, 2011, 14:45   #4
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!

Fielded my KWA USPCompact at my local paintball indoor field for pistol night and it rocked hard balls...kicks hard as a mule...straight shooter with .28's.....just gotta get light rail adapter...
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 14:53   #5
Disco_Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
Thanks for your answer
You mentioning Kwa usa made me go there and take a look at their forums (and also lost an 1hour and a half there :P) It's now clear there's like no upgrades at all unfortunately... I find this quite strange as there's a lot of people asking for them... oh well, maybe one day

Thanks

MP
What's weird is that the previous system they used for their guns had dozens of upgrade parts available. No one seems to care about the new system

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Old April 13th, 2011, 15:00   #6
MultipleParadox

Yeah I wonder about the same... The market seems to be there but still....

Invasian: great news, I'm quite eager to field mine. Just plinked (a lot actually, maybe a 1000 rounds lol :P) with mine, on .20g as it's all there was available. I intend on using .25 or .28 for both my the M93 and my KA M4 (which would prolly need a harder spring though... it's weaker than my M93r as it is O_o but that's another story)

While we're talking about it, anyone would recommend .28 over .25 or should I stick to .25?

MP
Old April 13th, 2011, 15:18   #7
Disco_Dante

The only bbs I buy are .3s, for my AEG, GBBR, and all my pistols. KWA says that their GBBs should only be used with .25s, and with green gas not propane or it will void their 45 day warranty. In my experience .3s fly straighter, so that's what I use, considering the warranty is useless for Canadians who can't send their guns in for servicing.

Old April 13th, 2011, 15:33   #8
MultipleParadox

Noted

I've seen that about warranty, but like you said... Also it's now well known that green gas is propane, so it just add to the nonsense :P

I guess I'll go with .28 and maybe condider .30 even

Thanks

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
Old March 14th, 2012, 18:45   #9
CrAzy AziAn

Bringing this thread up again.... Can a TM 150 spring for an M9 fit a KWA M93r? Or better yet is there a spring upgrade?
CrAzy AziAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 09:10   #10
MultipleParadox

I guess you are referring to the Recoil Spring?

As far as I know, there's still no upgrades for the NS2 system; And I can't tell if a TM Spring would fit. I can take a look and compare with my HiCapa's spring, but right off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure it's not appropriate.

All in all, I'm not sure why you'd want to increase the recoil spring's strength, as it is already pretty stiff and blowback's already pretty hard, at least on mine.

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:13   #11
CrAzy AziAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
I guess you are referring to the Recoil Spring?

As far as I know, there's still no upgrades for the NS2 system; And I can't tell if a TM Spring would fit. I can take a look and compare with my HiCapa's spring, but right off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure it's not appropriate.

All in all, I'm not sure why you'd want to increase the recoil spring's strength, as it is already pretty stiff and blowback's already pretty hard, at least on mine.
Just as a possibility really
CrAzy AziAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:50   #12
MASAKO

I have a KSC sig Pro SP 2022 system 7, there are a couple thing you can upgrade those NS2 or system 7 for long time usage or just simply because you can or mess it up since the start.

-Soon or later, your barrel will break since it's plastic then it's time to get a after market combo slide and barrel like shooter design.

-After get a combo slide and barrel, you will find out stock recoil spring is not strong enough ( probably not all system 7 but my sig Pro is damn soft ), I replace the recoil spring with TM 1911 160 % but need to shorten it to the same length as stock recoil spring.

-Later on, you want a night sight or tritium sight, you save your hard earn money for a real steel since most KSC pistols can take real steel sign.

-Later on, you are getting bored and open that damn hop up unit and suddenly tear off the hop up rubber due to it's design then it's about time to buy at least 3 or 4 rubber or just get the Falcon hop up rubber, again suggest you buy a couple.

-Again, later on you still have money to burn, you can always replace the inner barrel, Madbull tightbore barrel for old system is actually work for the new system ( again, I test that only on my Sig Pro so I can't attest the other pistol )

-Again, if you have something like Sig Pro, you can replace the grip to the real steel since it's pretty damn drop in and straight forward replacement.

soon or later if you happen to get part from KWA USA like hop up rubber, I suggest get a new nozzle as well. Save a few bucks on shipping fee.

Edit : For your case, get a few spare barrels from KWA USA if there isn't after market available yet.

Last edited by MASAKO; March 15th, 2012 at 11:53..
MASAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications