Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA M4a1 Full Metal or ICS M4a1 Full Metal?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 31st, 2008, 11:17   #1
ownzyouall

Send a message via MSN to ownzyouall
Question KWA M4a1 Full Metal or ICS M4a1 Full Metal?

Hey everybody,

I want to hear your opinions on which airsoft gun I should buy.

1. KWA M4A1 Full Metal. (my current choice)
2. ICS M4A1 Full Metal.

My issue doesn't lie with whether the gun is Li-po ready or has the half split gear boxes or not. I just want to know which gun is better overall in terms of accuracy, maintenance, durability, look and feel, battery life, etc.

I understand they are very similar, but obviously there are few bonuses here and there, please point out. For those of you who have ever owned or used one of these great airsoft guns, tell me what you think of them.

All comments are appreciated.

cheers,
rick
ownzyouall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:20   #2

KWA!

I'd love to get a KWA. Amazing reviews. Awesome internals. No upgrades needed. Runs LiPo batteries like a dream.

KWA = Win.

Just my 2 cents.

808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:20   #3
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
I've held/fired both, and I prefer the KWA.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:22   #4
BORDENSNIPER

KWA hands down...forget the ICS
BORDENSNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:24   #5
Crunchmeister

I've also fired both this past weekend, and I was impressed with both of them. The ICS needs a bit of internal work to get as good, but is still a good gun.

If you want a multipurpose gun, then the ICS is probably a better choice. The split mechbox means you can get another upper and switch them to 350+ and sub-350 speeds if you play both indoors and out.

If that's not an issue to you, then the KWA is probably the better option. I think the KWA looks better too.
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:31   #6
LyquidFyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownzyouall View Post
Hey everybody,

I want to hear your opinions on which airsoft gun I should buy.

1. KWA M4A1 Full Metal. (my current choice)
2. ICS M4A1 Full Metal.

My issue doesn't lie with whether the gun is Li-po ready or has the half split gear boxes or not. I just want to know which gun is better overall in terms of accuracy, maintenance, durability, look and feel, battery life, etc.

Accuracy on both are decent. You'll get more range from the KWA simply due to the higher FPS it has. However the hop-up on a stock KWA is really horrible. So ICS wins when comparing stock guns.

Maintenance is entirely dependant on how much you play/use the gun. The ICS is easier to disassemble overall as it has the split mechbox. Makes it easier to upgrade or swap components for different FPS's. However because the KWA has a re-inforced mechbox with sturdier bushings/bearings it'll require less maintenance with the same amount of use as the ICS would.

Durability would go to the KWA as it has a reinforced mechbox. The ICS is still very durable but has an inherent weakness with the split mechbox design. Probably not a good idea to upgrade it past 350FPS.

I honestly liked the looks and feel of the ICS more. The trades were better and the edges felt cleaner. However the colouring of the body and furniture leaves a little to be desired. The KWA has a lot of sharp edges and their own propietary trades engraved but a nice matte black finish all over. The finish is fairly durable and has withstood 5 games so far this summer without any major chipping. I did however scratch it nicely on the mags in my vest when I dove.

Battery life is better on an ICS simply because it's got a lower power spring and therefore requires less juice to pull. This criteria is very subjective as you can alter the power requirements a lot with the combination of motor, gears and spring you have.

Overall I would go with the KWA if you're an active player. If you game once in awhile and would rather look at your pretty airsoft gun, go with the ICS. One word of warning though, the KWA is still relatively new on the market so you may encounter issues as an early adopter of the technology. Do some searching on google and you'll see reviews praising it and demonizing it. Seems quality controls are a bit hit and miss and they're still ironing out some kinks.

Last edited by LyquidFyre; July 31st, 2008 at 11:37..
LyquidFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:42   #7
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I'd get the KWA. The ICS has a lot of proprietary parts that you can't replace with regular parts i.e. the hopup, stock, etc.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:52   #8
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
Stock, the KWA is probably a better choice. It shoots harder and the internals are tougher.

The ICS' proprietary parts are usually not an issue. They are tough (gearbox, stock, anti-reversal latch) and not hard to find replacements for. The hop-up is also excellent so there should really never be a need to replace it. The split gearbox is great.
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:55   #9
Crunchmeister

I'm with Liquidfyre. Trades on the ICS are nicer and the body feels nicer, but that paint looks horrid IMO, and it's not very durable. KWA has much "harder" edges, but a nice flat black. The down side is the KWA trademarks, but if trades aren't important to you (they aren't really to me), then it's the better option in terms of look.

And of course, the KWA also the best performer of the two and needs to upgrades out of the box. Add a Lipo battery, and you've got yourself a killer gun.
Old July 31st, 2008, 11:59   #10
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
I'd get the KWA. The ICS has a lot of proprietary parts that you can't replace with regular parts i.e. the hopup, stock, etc.
There is the biggest reason folks! Dont get me wrong I loved my ICS M16 when I had it but finding parts was a bitch....
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 12:01   #11
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Someone can answer this? i have a kwa m4cqb coming soon

Which lowcap mags are better for the kwa?

King arm, g&g, Mauri, star realcaps etc??? Anyone had problems with them? feeding, tightness etc???

Thanks

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 12:02   #12
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Tested a KWA over the weekend, was impressed, took some dialing in and only use heavy ammo or u got shit performance. Overall I liked it, just maintain it or its gonna woop your ass later, one day at FR both of the guys who had brand new ones, were using backups by the end of the day.

Lot of mixed reviews on them, but overall id recomend it if ur not gonna beat the holy hell out of it right away.
Old July 31st, 2008, 14:07   #13
BORDENSNIPER

Shakal, I have 5 KA mags and they are a perfect fit and feed. and for 60 or so bucks for a box of 5, its a fukign steal.

yah the KWA is a great gun! but u do need to take care of it once in 3-4 games, if ure playing in the rain, u better take it apart after and clean it up...same goes with droping in mud...evry aeg should be taken care of though.

Last edited by BORDENSNIPER; July 31st, 2008 at 14:10..
Old July 31st, 2008, 14:11   #14
LyquidFyre

I've had to modify all 6 of my KA standard caps. They all sat too low to feed properly.

However I have not had any problems with Star or TM mags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORDENSNIPER View Post
Shakal, I have 5 KA mags and they are a perfect fit and feed. and for 60 or so bucks for a box of 5, its a fukign steal.

yah the KWA is a great gun! but u do need to take care of it once in 3-4 games, if ure playing in the rain, u better take it apart after and clean it up...same goes with droping in mud...evry aeg should be taken care of though.
Old July 31st, 2008, 14:35   #15
BORDENSNIPER

hmm no clue about urs, mine work very well, (first 3 bb's never feed since the spring is too weak though, it needs more than 3 to feed.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion