Airsoft Insurance and new standards in 2013

:

General

Old May 27th, 2013, 18:52   #46
Adrenalineguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. inked View Post
thank god for private fields
I posted this in ASC.. Because this is where most serious Airsofters stay connected.

Like me or not I am in the know, the information I share is very important and real.

Get ready to flame away boys..

Here is why the insurance rules are important to private field owners.
when someone gets hurt. and they loos their livley hood, and the only way they can keep their family home is to sue.

The judge looks at the Industry Standards (Insurance standards) to decide if the land owner and or game operators were negligent. If they were NO WAIVER WILL SAVE THEM.

So If the Insurance standard says 350 fps out doors and the land owner allows 400 then that's the same as allowing people to play on his property knowing it is not safe.

Before you jump to conclusions about my motives. We could have got an exemption for our own operation and said screw everyone else... What I have posted here was to help THE WHOLE INDUSTRY private and public.

If you have a problem with me I am really easy to find...
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:55   #47
Mr. inked

if you get hurt playing airsoft....its YOUR fault im sorry not the fucking owner/hosts fault airsoft is a common sense sport.....should i try and run through this area filled with holes....if you answer is yes and you sprain your ankle....well sorry bud your dumbass deserved it.

i play at private fields mostly with the exception to flagswipe and hell if you get hurt at lets say finchs field and you try and sue them you head deserves a fucking smack they warn of of all the dangers and aswell they are clearly marked with caution tape
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:56   #48
Mr. inked

and me a problem with you.....well if you count leaving threats on my friends voice mail all because he hosted a game the same day you were then yeah i have a problem with you
Live and die on this day
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:57   #49
Trev140_0

Again,

Soldier of Fortune Paintball no longer has Airsoft as the insurance will not cover it. That came out in March.

That is a great field and is too bad. They had as many as 60 guys playing on that field sometimes. Keep in mind people were playing at SOF when a paintball player wouldn't be caught dead on that field.

(FREE MONEY)

The is not sky falling, but its clearly NOT specific to Adrenalin Paint Ball.

If you think this is bull shit, call SOF and ask to book a game.

Either way I don't care. I just found this interesting as this is the second place I heard this happening to in 6 months.

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Last edited by Trev140_0; May 27th, 2013 at 19:00..
Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 18:59   #50
Mr. inked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev140_0 View Post
Again,

Soldier of Fortune Paintball no longer has Airsoft as the insurance will not cover it. That came out in March.

That is a great field and is too bad. They had as many as 60 guys playing on that field sometimes.

The is not sky falling, but its specific to Adrenalin Paint ball.

If you think this is bull shit, call SOF and ask to book a game.
oh i am not disagreeing with you on that but the OP stated ALL OF CANADA WILL CHANGE.....well that is bullshit with flagswipe which is in the same area as APB is not affected nor will be affected by this change.....
Live and die on this day
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:06   #51
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Well AG's insureance company is the issue then so we all have nothin to really worry about. Perhaps he should look into getting insured elsewhere.
That said lotta folks have their odd rules. One place i play will not allow above 500fps because the local cops are dumb and cant interprate the laws correctly and figure because it shoots 500fps the criminal code says its a firearm. But its fine to use a heavier bb to bring it below 500 then its not a firearm. (i know its not insureance related just sayin some folks are just dumb. Not sayin AG is dumb but his insureance company is retarded)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:07   #52
Mr. inked

someone needs to start their own airsoft insurance company lol problem solved =p
Live and die on this day
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:09   #53
Adrenalineguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. inked View Post
oh i am not disagreeing with you on that but the OP stated ALL OF CANADA WILL CHANGE.....well that is bullshit with flagswipe which is in the same area as APB is not affected nor will be affected by this change.....
the OP said "These changes could drastically affect Organized Airsoft play across Canada"

if your going to flame,,, be right.
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:13   #54
Mr. inked

sooo what flagswipe is not in canada nor is it organized???

flagswipe as already told us this will not effect our game on the 21st

"Just a quick update. I have spoken to the ppl at Flagswipe and this insurance stuff that Greg is talking about, the clear receivers/350FPS, WILL NOT effect games at flagswipe."

copy and pasted from fb group so again how am i wrong.....you insurance is shit go cry somewhere else.
Live and die on this day
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:14   #55
Mr. inked

to sum up the story if you run a field in canada.....don't use the same insurance company as adrenaline......
Live and die on this day
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:17   #56
Adrenalineguy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Well AG's insureance company is the issue then so we all have nothin to really worry about. Perhaps he should look into getting insured elsewhere.
Ag's company is retarded)
There are (Edit to 3 That I know of) companies that insure Paintball and Airsoft in Canada.

Southwestern does a ton and they have just recently. "looked at Airsoft" I believe that this new standard likely came from Europe.

Sports Can is still running the same way with the same old application.

k&K underwriters

Scratching head he says........ If one of only 2 companies adopts a new rule set that changes the standard so much.... is it not of interest to the industry.

This is an Interesting Hugely Important thread to this community guys... WTF is all the flaming and name calling about. get real.

paintball created associations years ago to be at the for front of setting their own standards. so have may other sports and professions as well.

If some of you wana throw poo go do it some where else. this is imporant

Last edited by Adrenalineguy; May 18th, 2014 at 10:28..
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:23   #57
Mr. inked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalineguy View Post

paintball created associations years ago to be at the for front of setting their own standards. so have may other sports and professions as well.

If some of you wana throw poo go do it some where else. this is imporant
right there PAINTBALL........this is airsoft things are different.....sure we shoot 400fps at .20 but then again we are shooting a 6MM bb that weights from .20-.43(heaviest ive seen) paintballs are obviously bigger/heavier and should be shot at a lower fps but hell i wouldnt even mind lowering it to 350.....but why the fuck do we need to use clear lowers.....if we have to why wont paintball guns aswell....shit some of them look just as realistic as airsoft guns do these days
Live and die on this day
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:25   #58
Mr. inked

what most of us want is a reason behind the clear lower bullshit how would that make it a "safer" sport.....all sports have risks. for christ sakes you dont see hockey arenas putting foam padding on the boards.....
Live and die on this day
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:27   #59
Trev140_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalineguy View Post
The judge looks at the Industry Standards (Insurance standards) to decide if the land owner and or game operators were negligent. If they were NO WAIVER WILL SAVE THEM.

So If the Insurance standard says 350 fps out doors and the land owner allows 400 then that's the same as allowing people to play on his property knowing it is not safe.

Ya totally not true.

I can enlighten you on waivers if you wish, but it seems like you are set on this.

For example, did you know if you are a host and you know a group of guys are getting stoned before the game all the waivers are null and void and so is your insurance for that event? Set a pattern, like "ya that place is totally ok to get baked", and ya...all insurance is gone. They just wont tell you till you need to make a claim.

Trust me on this one. If you are crystal clear on the waiver and you don't have bull shit going on, like airsoft and paintball mixing on a location, its air tight.

The issue here is paintball and airsoft are mixing on the premises and the insurance company is putting that under a microscope.

Does your waiver inform the said paintball player there is airsoft going on in the same place?

Free game at my place says....Nope. Bet it says you are agreeing to play "paintball" and the associated risks with that game.
(I am not agreeing to be shot in the back of the head my a500 FPS sniper rifle from a game that got off course.)

So right there the waiver the person signed is not informing them of basic risks.

We are not talking a peanut allergy here.

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Last edited by Trev140_0; May 27th, 2013 at 19:35..
Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 19:29   #60
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

And how do they come up with theese numbers. An average paintball weigs what like 3grams or so? The field limit is what 350 for PB? Lets be safe and say its 300 cause i forget and lets say a paintball weighs 2.5grams incase there are some light weight balls or some crap. Thats almost 10.5joules of energy. Why should airsoft be limited to 1.5joules if paintball is 10plus. Its a simple arguement to pose to the insureance company. That and the two facts that A. Most guns sold in canada fire over 366 and B. Most are now full black.
How can they expect us to abide by those rules...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General