Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Custom Gun - Bofors Defence Weapon - With PGC

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 29th, 2008, 20:36   #16
ccssneo

For the stop you can use a nerf longshot back.
ccssneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 03:57   #17
Marriott

Thanks for the reply, do you have any images of this idea?

Currently the stock is posing an issue. I'm not sure which direction to go with at the moment but it may be tha ti have to fully construct one.

Need mre funds at the moment to buy the grenade launcher..too.

Anyone know if you can buy an M203 standard grip from anywhere? I need one of those and have not seen them sold separatly yet.
Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:11   #18
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

There is another community out there that is like us airsofters...except strangely it's about customizing and upgrading nerf weapons (again with superpowered springs and such).

Stock

Modified

Since you are pretty much building a science fiction gun, I venture most of the exterior you want can be scavanged from various toy weapons or model kits instead of expensive airsoft parts (which should be reserved for the internals).

Last edited by SHÖCK; June 30th, 2008 at 04:13..
SHÖCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:12   #19
Bissa

Send a message via MSN to Bissa
you could go with a JG416 full stock. it has plenty of room for batterys.
Sergeant Gerry Boyle: I don't want to see it. Babies all look the same. The only time a baby doesn't look like every other baby is when it's a really ugly baby. So, unless it's a photo of a really ugly baby, I don't want to see it.
Bissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:23   #20
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post
you could go with a JG416 full stock. it has plenty of room for batterys.
Yea i did wonder about the full M4 style stock, but i dont think there will be enough room.

I use a full stock on my M15A4 SPC and i use a 9.6 large battery. 12v battery is 3 cells more... Plus i have electronics to house in there also.

I'm starting to wonder if i should use the crain stock tube (strong mounting strength) and custom make a rear stock in the shape of the picture.

I want to avoid plastic parts really the reason being is, its costing alot of money and there will be a hell of alot of electronics inside this beast so i want exterior strength to protect them ideally.

I need an airsoft scrap parts supplier lol. Tempted to try the M4 stock approach but they cost 50$ here and if i just cut it up its another expensive warenty void :P

I think every single part in this projects warenty will be void lol..

I need a Mosquito Moulds Mini M203 but they cost 280$ here :|
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:32   #21
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marriott View Post
Yea i did wonder about the full M4 style stock, but i dont think there will be enough room.

I use a full stock on my M15A4 SPC and i use a 9.6 large battery. 12v battery is 3 cells more... Plus i have electronics to house in there also.

I'm starting to wonder if i should use the crain stock tube (strong mounting strength) and custom make a rear stock in the shape of the picture.

I want to avoid plastic parts really the reason being is, its costing alot of money and there will be a hell of alot of electronics inside this beast so i want exterior strength to protect them ideally.

I need an airsoft scrap parts supplier lol. Tempted to try the M4 stock approach but they cost 50$ here and if i just cut it up its another expensive warenty void :P

I think every single part in this projects warenty will be void lol..

I need a Mosquito Moulds Mini M203 but they cost 280$ here :|
Just made a phone call to a shop about the launcher. The chap said he might be able to get one without the grenade!

160$ If so i'm gonna be well pleased as i can alot of grenades for 120$ 3-4 instead of 1 that would be included!

Stay tuned!
Old June 30th, 2008, 12:18   #22
Amos

Buy a G&P Fullstock... There's PLENTY of room for a 12V battery.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 14:48   #23
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Buy a G&P Fullstock... There's PLENTY of room for a 12V battery.
Really?? My M15 Stock can only just house a 9.6 8 cell battery... Then 12v jobby is 2 more...
Old June 30th, 2008, 14:53   #24
Endymion

The two additional cells aren't placed inline with the rest, but offset underneath... so you get:

You need to remove the butt plate entirely in order to put the battery in, but it should fit.
Endymion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 15:11   #25
Amos

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=17737

This sand color version M16A2 stock fit marui M4A1 series, it can hold 12v large battery without modification. Constructed by ABS plastic. Metal stock ring & connection wire Included

Edit: But more importantly.. Why a 12V?
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 15:54   #26
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?prodID=17737

This sand color version M16A2 stock fit marui M4A1 series, it can hold 12v large battery without modification. Constructed by ABS plastic. Metal stock ring & connection wire Included

Edit: But more importantly.. Why a 12V?
Start of the thread explains all. Variable power outputs, Also the grenade launcher with have electronic activation possibly using a 12v push solenoid.
Old June 30th, 2008, 19:23   #27
Kos-Mos

Instead, install a 5000mAh 11.1v LiPo.

You will have about 13v at peak, and plenty enought power, in the space of a 8.4v pack.

You can get some in hard cases if you are worried about LiPos..

Check Trinity LiPo battery packs.

Then, for power selection, you can use a custom program with a Triggermaster FET and change the PWM percentage sent to the FET.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 05:03   #28
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
Instead, install a 5000mAh 11.1v LiPo.

You will have about 13v at peak, and plenty enought power, in the space of a 8.4v pack.

You can get some in hard cases if you are worried about LiPos..

Check Trinity LiPo battery packs.

Then, for power selection, you can use a custom program with a Triggermaster FET and change the PWM percentage sent to the FET.
UPDATE

King Arms G16 Slim Grip orderd.

Yea i'm not too into lipo. For this project especially i'm tapping of variable voltages so i dont think lipo will be able to do this and programming the trigger master i think for now would be beyond me.. Ponders this comment then decides it would be done. Thats an interesting idea thats for sure... Hummm You have me thinking now!

Sheesh I havt seen 500mAh Lipos... The ones ive mainly seen are 2200 ish.. Any links to that Hard box and those batteries you speak of?
Old July 2nd, 2008, 07:14   #29
Kos-Mos

You will have to be able to disconnect every cell past 8.4v to charge your pack, because using only say 7 cells in a 10 cells pack, you will get a different discharge in your first 7 cells, and charging the pack as a whole will destroy the remaining 3 cells in under 20 charges.

Plus, if you start looking into C programing, you will see that the changes you have to do to the trigger master program are not that big.

You can use a multi switch, like the ones on old sound systems to change input/output. Wire each switch with a different resistor and compare each voltage with the PIC. You only need to use 1 analog input on top of the regular digital input used normally.

You could even use a potentiometer and simply use it as a PWM control over the PIC's output. That way you could control percentage instead of steps.

Hell, you could use some 14.4v packs in there.

11.1v is the best voltage to use since most CMOS based chips are referenced to 12v.

here is the link to some packs. There is a whole lot more out there. If you are looking for safe packs, check ROAR's authorized packs. They send the packs through extreme tests, including over charge/discharge, NiCd charger, drop, perforation etc.

They are not making 5000's in hard cases, but these are the size of a 7.2v Sub-C pack.

You can get many 5000+ packs for airplanes and helicopters.

http://www.teamorion.com/Products/SL...Platinum+SLPB+

Here is the link to ROAR's website:

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/lipobattery.php

All these packs are known safe to every extend. You can drive a nail in them and not worry about your hand been removed.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:09   #30
philstructo

Man this gun is going to kick ass
philstructo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications