Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M4 metal body guide

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 12th, 2012, 11:49   #61
Azathoth

Hmmmm Never thought I would see this thread again

Update:

From page 4 review, same body. After this broke last year I did a side by side comparison to the Marine that I am using again (from page 1). This body is VERY cheap compared to the G&P I bought previously.

Seeing as I was in the G&P factory in HK when I bought both of these I can safely say they are legit from the dealer. In Hindsight and comparison, Would rate this body somewhere between 4 and 6.

Disclaimer:
I outright abused both of these metal bodies that I reviewed. Callously dropping or throwing the gun on the ground at respawns, dragging them by the sling in paved and unpaved parking lots at paintball fields (IE walking your gun), buried gun in 3 feet of snow in -20c, jumping on it while buried in snow, Throwing it two handed like a german stick grenade in -20, Kicking gun across the ground, and then the usual wear and tear.

I do not baby my toys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 18:42   #62
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post

Update:

From page 4 review, same body. After this broke last year I did a side by side comparison to the Marine that I am using again (from page 1). This body is VERY cheap compared to the G&P I bought previously.

Seeing as I was in the G&P factory in HK when I bought both of these I can safely say they are legit from the dealer. In Hindsight and comparison, Would rate this body somewhere between 4 and 6.

Disclaimer:
I outright abused both of these metal bodies that I reviewed. Callously dropping or throwing the gun on the ground at respawns, dragging them by the sling in paved and unpaved parking lots at paintball fields (IE walking your gun), buried gun in 3 feet of snow in -20c, jumping on it while buried in snow, Throwing it two handed like a german stick grenade in -20, Kicking gun across the ground, and then the usual wear and tear.

I do not baby my toys.
So G&P Magpul, is it good? If so, where can I get one? (pm if this is not in AV sec)
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:37   #63
Azathoth

I would put the quality of the G&P Magpul body BELOW the regular and "other" G&P bodies that I have used from that time period. I'm still as abusive to the older body I did a review on and it has been able to handle said abuse for a longer period of time.
Quote:
---
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:50   #64
Chiba

Quote:

Update:

Disclaimer:

I do not baby my toys.

How did you get to visit and purchase G&P's wares from their office/factory? I thought they didn't do direct individual sales. Please enlighten me on this as I would love to see if an item they have is still purchasable or not.
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 10:30   #65
Azathoth

@Chiba,

I was on vacation in Hong Kong. I "know" someone who let me in for a tour and it's were i picked it up. So no, they do not do individual retail sales like that.
Quote:
---
Old May 23rd, 2012, 21:23   #66
Chiba

Quote:
@Chiba,

I was on vacation in Hong Kong. I "know" someone who let me in for a tour and it's were i picked it up. So no, they do not do individual retail sales like that.
Lucky!!!

On the other hand, how did you manage to get a lower reciever through....
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:28   #67
Azathoth

With Kittens, Magic, kittens, unicorns, more kittens, a cute fuzzy otter, and yet more kittens.

Please get AV'd and have a read on the AV'd area
Quote:
---
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications