Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

List of med/high quality clothing manufactures

:

Gear Discussion

Old June 17th, 2020, 14:00   #1
jwm470

List of med/high quality clothing manufactures

Please feel free to add on, but I'm trying to make a list of good quality clothing manufacturers. (Edit *any clothing brand is now A OK as long as it practical and usable for airsoft/real steel)

Mid:
- LBX tactical (child company of the gear giant LBT. Materials are thicker and less breathable than higher end stuff, but good QC and products for the price)
- UR tactical (Hong Kong company making crye clones in more unique patterns such as AOR2, using US materials)
- Helikon Tex
- Propper (long time supplier of the US military for BDU and ACU's, fairly plain and basic, but good for the price and has a reputable background)
- Direct Action gear (US/European gear company. Child company of Helikon tex and is their more competitive/high end brand)
- Truspec
- Giena Tactics
- Spar-Tac (Croatian company making combat style clothing in mainstream colours, but also in unique Croatian patterns)
- Disruptive Combat Products
- P1G tac
- Currahee
- SORD (more "field" style uniforms)
- Roman Kurmaz (on facebook. Will make custom Crye's in anything and everything as long there's materials. While not as nice as real Crye's, they're good for larping and looking cool)

High:
- Crye (the standard for combat clothing and equipment. Good materials and stitching and can hold up well)
- UF pro (basically the European version of Crye. Excellent products and extremely durable)
- Tyr Tactical
- 3rd alternative (Newer company in Europe for gear. Has a neat in house camo pattern, and if you send measurements they will custom tailor your uniform to fit you.
- Leo Kohler (can be used if looking for Flecktarn combat clothing. Makes some neat G2 pants and their own style of shirts)
- Patagonia (L9 sets have been and continue to be used all the time in the US armed forces. While I personally prefer the Crye products, they're still innovation and a reputable company)
- Beyond Clothing (A9 uniforms are very nice. You can even contact them and ask for external kneepads slots to be added to allow for the use of Crye kneepads)
- Platatac (A Australian company that makes extremely robust gear. Their woodland G3 style pants are neat)
- Arktis (UK made Crye style clothing)
- Hyper ops (South Korean company that makes their own Crye pattern clothing in unique digital camo's. And if you ask nicely you might be able to get some in ROKPAT and Granit B)
- First Spear (Merino wool shirts are pricey, but provide tons of benefits and a unique approach to common issues with modern fabrics)
- Arcteryx (Based in Canada, their LEAF products are well made and popular with European LEO's)
- GARM/NFM group (Norwegian uniform and gear company. Pretty neat being able to get combat clothing in M/98)
- OTTE Gear (makes good jackets, but not combat style clothing)

Last edited by jwm470; July 24th, 2020 at 14:10..
jwm470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2020, 14:05   #2
Datawraith

That's a pretty good list you've got going already.

Triple Aught Design makes good jackets. They make pants and stuff too but they're more of a casual cut/look than a combat style.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2020, 14:15   #3
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

i wonder where you all think Shadow Gear fits in.

I have no experience with their Gear, but the BDUs seem well enough.

thick material, okay stitching. I definitely slot it well above my Repro Emerson and such G3 clone Multicam in terms of material quality. But below my Crye G3.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2020, 14:16   #4
jwm470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
That's a pretty good list you've got going already.

Triple Aught Design makes good jackets. They make pants and stuff too but they're more of a casual cut/look than a combat style.
Thanks! I'm thinking of changeing up the list a little bit to enclose all clothing manufacturers. (this way I can put out OTTE gear and other brands, I'll just provide a small explanation for each of them)
Old June 17th, 2020, 14:27   #5
jwm470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
i wonder where you all think Shadow Gear fits in.

I have no experience with their Gear, but the BDUs seem well enough.

thick material, okay stitching. I definitely slot it well above my Repro Emerson and such G3 clone Multicam in terms of material quality. But below my Crye G3.
I've never tried their G3 clones, but have heard some good things about them for their price point. While I do wish that I could experience everything on the list, I'll keep trying to provide adequate explanations even for the ones I've yet to try.
Old June 17th, 2020, 14:32   #6
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm470 View Post
I've never tried their G3 clones, but have heard some good things about them for their price point. While I do wish that I could experience everything on the list, I'll keep trying to provide adequate explanations even for the ones I've yet to try.
no i get that, actually im placing another order with them soon.

I find them to really good. Material quality so far is really good.

I dont like their combat shirt material as much as Crye for sweat wicking, but it feels thicker, more durable.

In my opinion i feel its way better than my older truspec BDUs so far, but unlike Crye i can't comment on it being IR treated or flame resistant. But for the price (the same as my Emerson BDUs) these are way way way better.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2020, 14:39   #7
Datawraith

Oh, I forgot Semapo. They used to be very well regarded but there's been a bit of a kerfuffle a few years back where people were saying the quality dropped. Also, there's a typo where LBX is the child company of LBT (that said, LBT doesn't make clothing, just nylon gear).

Outdoor Research and Salomon stuff is also very good (but I've got a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth with OR because they changed their warranty and wouldn't honour the original warranty when I wanted to RMA an item).
Old June 17th, 2020, 14:41   #8
jwm470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
no i get that, actually im placing another order with them soon.

I find them to really good. Material quality so far is really good.

I dont like their combat shirt material as much as Crye for sweat wicking, but it feels thicker, more durable.

In my opinion i feel its way better than my older truspec BDUs so far, but unlike Crye i can't comment on it being IR treated or flame resistant. But for the price (the same as my Emerson BDUs) these are way way way better.
Good to hear! I wish I had enough money and time to be able to buy them all and test them for IR and flame retardant capabilities. Any ideas as to how it compares towards FFI and other more reputable/expensive repro brands?
Old June 19th, 2020, 17:18   #9
jwm470

Quote:
Oh, I forgot Semapo. They used to be very well regarded but there's been a bit of a kerfuffle a few years back where people were saying the quality dropped. Also, there's a typo where LBX is the child company of LBT (that said, LBT doesn't make clothing, just nylon gear).

Outdoor Research and Salomon stuff is also very good (but I've got a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth with OR because they changed their warranty and wouldn't honour the original warranty when I wanted to RMA an item).
Thanks for the catch! I'll toss those in too. Also going to add in TPC and Claw gear
Old June 19th, 2020, 17:22   #10
Datawraith

Actually, can I add another correction? UR Tactical is not US based; they're HK based using US made materials (proper milspec fabric and webbing, ITW buckles, etc)
Old June 23rd, 2020, 09:40   #11
jwm470

Quote:
Actually, can I add another correction? UR Tactical is not US based; they're HK based using US made materials (proper milspec fabric and webbing, ITW buckles, etc)
Ahhhhh, alright. I was wondering about that since I've heard a lot of bouncing between them being US or HK.
Old November 22nd, 2020, 10:56   #12
BobbyDangerous

I would put UR tactical in high end. I've had woodlands and multicam. Zero fading over 3 years.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2020, 11:57   #13
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDangerous View Post
I would put UR tactical in high end. I've had woodlands and multicam. Zero fading over 3 years.
I disagree. I've used their stuff exclusively for a few years and while it's not fading, some of the stitching is not up to snuff (especially buttons) and there is significant pilling of the fabric on both shirts and pants. Their stuff isn't bad (their nylon gear holds up very well), but it's not Crye or Arcteryx.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion