Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Bill C-21 to prohibit airsoft guns in canada

:

General

Old February 16th, 2021, 21:25   #16
Chillyrabbit

C-21 changed the definition of replica firearm.

Quote:
replica firearm means any device that is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, a firearm that is designed or adapted to discharge a shot, bullet or other projectile at a muzzle velocity exceeding 152.4 m per second and at a muzzle energy exceeding 5.7 Joules, and that itself is not a firearm, but does not include any such device that is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, an antique firearm; (r?plique)
My understanding is this eliminates the airsoft "loophole". If your AEG looks like an M4 which is designed to fire above 500 FPS/5.7 joules and is not a firearm (shoots less than 500 FPS/5.7 joules) it is now a replica firearm, and replica firearms are prohibited devices which are illegal to possess.

the next section 3.2 really rams the point home.

Quote:
Certain firearms deemed to be prohibited devices

(3.*2) For the purposes of sections 99 to 101, 103 to 107 and 117.*03, a firearm is deemed to be a prohibited device if

(a) it is proved that the firearm is not designed or adapted to discharge a shot, bullet or other projectile at a muzzle velocity exceeding 152.*4 m per second or at a muzzle energy exceeding 5.*7 Joules; and

(b) the firearm is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, a firearm, other than an antique firearm, that is designed or adapted to discharge a shot, bullet or other projectile at a muzzle velocity exceeding 152.*4 m per second and at a muzzle energy exceeding 5.*7 Joules.
(a) Airsoft guns can't shoot more than 500 fps/5.7 joules check
and
(b) looks like a firearm that can shoot more than 500 fps/5.7 joules check

now a prohibited device.
Chillyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2021, 23:10   #17
oates76

https://youtu.be/3P5I73L-K0U
oates76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2021, 23:10   #18
Warderp

Best case scenario if this passes, anyone who has airsoft can keep playing with it, but any new players would be forced to use clearsoft lowers again.

"First of all it's called airsoft, and second you can't bring the foam lightning bolts
you made unless the crono shows they are under the FPS limit"
Warderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2021, 00:43   #19
spartan117

"CCFR Message to the Airsoft Community

C-21 was tabled earlier today. It's mostly a gun bill, but the liberals have slipped in a section intended to close the loophole that allows milsim type airsoft guns in Canada. The time to bring the community together on this is now. Please Share."

https://youtu.be/3P5I73L-K0U
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2021, 06:26   #20
Donster

Is be curious if clearsoft will even be allowed if if they will say that it ?too closely resembles? a real gun
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2021, 06:30   #21

Join CCFR! Spread the word! Those dudes been fighting the fight for a while now and need all the help they can get! Bunch of us already have paperweights thanks to most recent firearm ban. I don't personally want to add airsoft to my paperweight collection!
P.S. Another thing to keep in mind if you own any real steel handguns and I know bunch of people who play airsoft do. If C-21 gets passed and your mayor goes through with the city wide ban than you have 2 options. 1. Get rid of your handguns. 2. Move to a municipality that is not affected, not affected until another mayor gets elected and passes prohibition bylaw...

Last edited by 666; February 17th, 2021 at 07:39..
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2021, 09:41   #22
Swattiger

Very disappointing to see the Liberal do this again.

Most of the gun crimes involve illegal guns, but they just use the legal gun owners or airsoft as scapegoats, to show public they have done something, while hiding their complete inability to stop gun crimes.

A simple way to stop gun crimes is to double or triple the penalty or imprisonments. No need to make it so complicated.

I agree we should write to our MPs and reflect our opinion.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2021, 09:45   #23
Razer

When the election is called, just make sure you vote for the Conservatives. Liberals/NDP/Bloc/Green all think airsoft is militia training (HOW DARE YOU CALL IT MILSIM?!?) and want to see it all banned.
Razer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2021, 10:39   #24
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
I?m curious as to this wording.

Does this mean that the replica can?t be imported if it shoots over 500fps or does this mean ANY replica can?t be imported if it looks like a real gun?

Also, a BB weight isn?t specified. How do they determine 500fps?

.2g .3g? Lighter?

If you have a BB gun or airsoft gun that resembles a real firearm, it will be prohibited! Full stop! Doesn't matter the velocity.

So the only airsoft you'll be seeing in Canada is if the body is clear. No more full black airsoft guns.

So stores won't be able to sell their current stock. You'll see the end of many airsoft stores because of this.

So even those BB/Pellet guns at places like Canadian Tire that look like a 1911, will become prohibited under that law.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2021, 11:51   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
If you have a BB gun or airsoft gun that resembles a real firearm, it will be prohibited! Full stop! Doesn't matter the velocity.

So the only airsoft you'll be seeing in Canada is if the body is clear. No more full black airsoft guns.

So stores won't be able to sell their current stock. You'll see the end of many airsoft stores because of this.

So even those BB/Pellet guns at places like Canadian Tire that look like a 1911, will become prohibited under that law.
^
^
^
That.
Retailers will suffer, staff working for them will suffer, people who invested money into creating facilities for us to play in/properties to play on will suffer. Law abiding owners will suffer so on and so forth.
You will not be able to buy Daisy Red Ryder for your kids to plink with. Some pball markers will also go since they are made to look like real firearms. People who own real steel are being bend over for a couple of years now, so we know exactly how this can turn out when it comes to airsoft. JT can pull another OIC move he already pulled in May and have this crap passed in like 2-3 months. He walked over people's heads and had the law passed. Law that banned artillery, mortars, Javelins and other heavy ordinance ffs Good thing I sold all 15 of my Javelins, my RPG 7 and both 60mm mortars you know Eventually they might even go for real Enfields, K98s and Mosins and other bolt guns leaving us with shotguns. I can see Libs saying, well, you guys want to hunt, sure. In Canada one can take any animal we have here with a 12ga shotgun, you guys dont need to own anything else. Hand it over.

Last edited by 666; February 17th, 2021 at 12:09..
Old February 17th, 2021, 12:12   #26
keegant
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotea View Post
why is it up to the players? sure we can send messages to our MP's, I have. But ultimately the businesses are the ones who have the most money and stand the most to lose. We need their help as much as they need ours...
I hear you, but the businesses (even the largest retailers in Canada) don't have as much legal-burn-money as you might think.

The best thing a business can do is motivate its customers to vote and contact political figures. The government doesn't care about a single business crying at the doorstep, but thousands of people voting and taking part in the political system - might actually change something to our liking.
Old February 17th, 2021, 12:19   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Looks like airsoft has finally been added to the threat list of prohibitions along with many real steel firearms. Bill C-21 looks to add imitation firearms with mid-level velocity firearms that look exactly like a regulated firearm to the prohibited list. Prohibits all future sales, imports and etc.

Read up on it here:
https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/c.../index-en.aspx

I highly recommend writting your MP, the Safety minister, PM office, to voice your opposition to this. As well, id strongly recommend joining or donating to the CCFR or another firearms advocacy group to help the fight against these laws.
Maybe you should edit the title and give a bit more info because people who are not in the know might not care to click on something titled just "Bill C-21".
Old February 17th, 2021, 12:23   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegant View Post
I hear you, but the businesses (even the largest retailers in Canada) don't have as much legal-burn-money as you might think.

The best thing a business can do is motivate its customers to vote and contact political figures. The government doesn't care about a single business crying at the doorstep, but thousands of people voting and taking part in the political system - might actually change something to our liking.
Everyone who cares should get involved, business, ordinary players, event organizers etc. People from CCFR tried to approach airsoft only crowd for a while now but there was little response. Now we all are on the same boat. Pballers, airsofters, real steel owners. More people join the movement = better chances of doing something about C-21!
Old February 17th, 2021, 12:52   #29
Canadian Psycho
Personal Mule.....PM for rates!

Send a message via MSN to Canadian Psycho
If this bill is going to be rejected, its going to take huge investments of time and money from everyone. Businesses have a lot at stake for sure, but the more people who contact politicians, who show the NDP and liberals that there will be consequences for putting this bill forword such as losing their position and riding, the better our chances. If we roll over and give up then i guarantee this bill will pass and our sport will be gone
Old February 17th, 2021, 13:04   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
If this bill is going to be rejected, its going to take huge investments of time and money from everyone. Businesses have a lot at stake for sure, but the more people who contact politicians, who show the NDP and liberals that there will be consequences for putting this bill forword such as losing their position and riding, the better our chances. If we roll over and give up then i guarantee this bill will pass and our sport will be gone
Chances are NDP will not support this bill because they want confiscation, not restriction of storage/use rules. Bill is mainly aimed at firearms and that is what NDP wants totally gone. Good luck contacting MP's or especially Bill Blair. He will wipe his ass with your correspondence because he is one of biggest anti gun cooks on parliament hill who clearly stated his position years ago. All those individuals were already spammed by massive number of emails in the past, especially when C-71 was in works and after May 1st ban so they took measures. Your letters will most likely bounce. Somebody already tried today. Both emails didn't go through. Follow CCFR's instructions and let their people deal with it. They do have professionals on it. They have lawyers. You will be better off letting CCFR to create and send ONE piece of correspondence representing many people rather than trying to break through a concrete wall by having hundreds of people send emails. There will be time, could be months, C-21 could get amended like C-71 or scraped all together unless JT will pull total Hitler/Stalin like he did in May and violate all sorts of civil liberties by illegally passing a law.

Last edited by 666; February 17th, 2021 at 13:17..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General