Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New to dealing with a bad transaction...

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 9th, 2018, 13:45   #1
Nimble
airsoftsoldier250

New to dealing with a bad transaction...

So Ive been on here for years, buying, selling and everything in between. Never had any major issues. I recently bought a gun from a seller Ill leave nameless for now and it arrived with some problems and being a nice guy its left me wondering what to do.

The transaction seemed shady from the start due to the seller not even knowing what all came in the box/ missing mags/ etc and I should have known but again Im a trusting sort and gave him a shot.

Basically what I got was a dusty gun, packed in what looked like the contents of his recycling bin right down to old tim hortons bags. A jammed hopup, broken bolt carrier (that had been glued previously) and a rear sight missing parts and permanently pinned in place...... This is after I asked multiple times if there were any issues with the gun and was told multiple times that it was in new condition.

I msg'd the seller back and politely let him know that I wasnt happy with how the transaction went and that I would like some money back to pay for new parts/ repair costs for the gun. I gave him a week to respond and have seen hes been online since and read the message but hasnt responded..

Whats my next step here?
Old March 9th, 2018, 15:28   #2

If I paid for something in new condition and something like you described arrived I would demand FULL refund right on the spot. This is a case of misrepresentation which last time I checked is fraud. Did you pay using Paypal by any chance? If that's the case, email them and start a claim. You will most likely get that money back. You can also file small claims court application. Seller will not get arrested or anything but court's decision will affect credit history. Police will probably not going to do anything about it unlike when something like that happens with real firearms or things that are really expensive.

Last edited by 666; March 10th, 2018 at 19:17..
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 17:02   #3
Datawraith

Was it here on ASC or via FB or some other site? If it was on ASC, then I suggest messaging an admin first.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2018, 20:00   #4
Danke

Start with a link to the ad. And screen cap it so it can't be edited.
Old March 9th, 2018, 20:26   #5
Nimble
airsoftsoldier250

I contacted an admin about it so well see. Ive never had an issue here on ASC so I used emt to send the money when he said he wasnt sure how to use paypal. If I dont hear back by monday Ill take it to the next level outside of ASC.
Old March 9th, 2018, 22:24   #6
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Start with a link to the ad. And screen cap it so it can't be edited.
Doesn't matter admins will pull up previous revisions of the ad. Just make sure to screenshot it so when you file a police report it is consistent with what you are reporting.

Best thing is to contact an admin, have them try to contact the seller. If the admin has started the process of contacting the police you will need to contact your bank and let them know you are starting a dispute with the recipient. The police will take care of the rest but getting your money back is the hard part.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2018, 11:57   #7
Nimble
airsoftsoldier250

Issue resolved in an adult fashion with the seller outside of asc. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Hopefully it can help out some new people if they ever run into a similar issue.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank